Does anybody out there eat their trim?

I like to munch on the tender trimmings when defoliating during veg. Really nice addition to salads. It’s always amazing the variety of flavors that can come from this one plant.

3 Likes

I like that idea(Globalhead), as it seems to be a quicker way to get more components into the cup. It probably makes the tea smell and taste better.
What I found interesting is I definitely felt a buzz off the tea, yet it was only brewed with water. I thought fat was needed to liberate the cannabinoids, but I actually got a buzz off only water brewed leaves…
Basically I took a bunch of leaves chopped and threw them in boiling water, then simmered it for 20 mins. I don’t care for the flavor, but enjoyed the effects.
Edit; I meant to tag Globalhead, but for some reason it went away. Odd

6 Likes

I eat it if it’s in brownie or gummy form only. What a strange thread.

3 Likes

Very interesting post. I have been curious about it for a long time, and found a video on YouTube where an old man with shiny nails and beautiful skin speaks about eating cannabis instead of smoking it. It feels less wasteful if you eat it coz gets you really high if consumed through your stomach instead of lungs. I would definitely try it.

3 Likes

This got me to thinking about combining ideas. Leaf and trim kimchi. Fermented,salted cannabis leaves.

6 Likes

I can’t eat fermented foods, but this is a really interesting idea!

Folks in this topic might also enjoy this other topic: Canna recipes! Please share!

(not suggesting they’re identical, just that there are overlapping interests)

3 Likes

Thc is partially water soluble but alkaloids also are …hence fat is better :slightly_smiling_face:
One of my ganja gurus used to make infused olive oil…you have to use a buffer plate between the hob and the actual pan and on as low heat as possible keep stirring for a few hours and then strain.
Same method as @sfzombie13.
Gives a very different kind of high than smoking.
:v:t4:&:green_heart:

6 Likes

yeah olive oil is another fantastic way to ingest all the properties of the plant.
A few folks we know, swear that olive oil/infused with cannabis, gave them relief from IBS, Crohn’s issues.
A tablespoon in the morning, then one before supper time seems to really, help them with churning stomach after a few bites of food.
I simply keep the heat between 90 F and 120 F, for a hour or 2, strain off, then keep in refrigerator, and simply fill a small cruet daily for use.

6 Likes

I’ve messed around with raw cannabis leaves a bit, and they can be a tough sell on their own. What worked best for me was tossing them into smoothies; blending them with some fruits really helps hide the flavor. I’ve also tried making tea with them, but it’s a bit hit or miss for getting all the good stuff out. Another idea is adding the sugar leaves to salads or wraps for a crunchy twist.

3 Likes

I also eat my Cannabis. I use a crockpot set on low, then I grind up the amount of weed I feel I need to get the pain relief. I started with 7 grams of trim and went up from there. I grind up the cannabis trim and small popcorn buds and put them into the Crock Pot. Then I add half a litre/quart of MCT oil to the crockpot and stir in the weed. Let it sit on Low with the lid for 24 hours. It will stink up your house so be careful if you want to be unnoticed.
Then I strain out the solids with cheese cloth and put the oil into a mason jar that I put it into the fridge. A teaspoon will help with pain or get you good and stoned for many people. You can add more Cannabis if you like, it works great! I found that every strain is a little different just like smoking. Be careful, as its is stronger than many may think! Go slow till you understand the effects. It will also scare you! It certainly put me in my place. :grin:

2 Likes