Does anyone Fast?

Fkn deadly…just crushed it

1 Like

Yes I felt very small and vulnerable. My muscles waisted away as well,from laying in bed for 4 months. I had been going down the gym lifting weights for four months, and all my muscle gain was lost. It took my about 3 months to get it back. I ended up, after 5 years later of body building, getting back up to 280 lbs in pretty good condition with some help from steroids. I didn’t fast much then lol, I was eating 5000 calories a day just to maintain.

I was 6ft 5in and was very skinny after recovering, but it felt good to be able to buy clothes and have a choice instead of buying whatever fitted.

Luckily when I got big again with muscles, I dated a fashion designer, she made all my clothes for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i gave myself like a 4-6 hour eating window… basically i only ate once a day (dinner) and i lost 20 pounds in the first month and after the first few days i wasn’t even hungry all day, it was super easy

5 Likes

I tried that to attain maximum weight in my early 20s. :roll_eyes: I barely made average for the DoD. :laughing:

My metabolism is the opposite of my only sibling. So weird.

I have the opposite clothing struggles of over-fat people. Again, very weird.

Saw a TV show the other day that was like seeing some ancient black-face racist shit…essentially a 1/2 hour of “laugh at obese people falling down”…could barely believe it. And I’m hovering over a BMI of 18(USA: near starvation, Japan: normal).

:neutral_face: Damn. 5:30am wakenbake gets me rambling.

:evergreen_tree: :sunrise:

4 Likes

My training partner had the same problem as you, faster metabolism than me, he was eating 7000 to 8000 calories a day to maintain and he was only 220lbs and 7 inches shorter than me.

He always had a bag full of food wherever he went, and was constantly eating, not a person you want to invite out to dinner lol. He would order 3 main courses for a meal lol.

4 Likes

tapeworms!

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Lanklet master race here too. I’ve been making a conscious effort to eat more because I hit a strength plateau with my exercising and was just feeling generally run down. I also started eating really healthy some months ago which actually makes it much harder to take in alot of calories.

I put butter or lard in alot of stuff just to add in some cals and fat, peanut butter is very calorie dense and relatively healthy too. I use an app called crononeter to track what i eat, it’s pretty interesting to see the nutritional info and stuff at the end of the day.

Oh ya I also stopped drinking like a fiend which I now realize was probably accounting for the majority of my caloric intake for years…oops lol 🤷

4 Likes

Working out in a gym 2- 3 hours a day, and 2 hours of MMA every other day on top of that. He would never got as big as he did with a tape worm lol. :muscle:

2 Likes

I try my hardest to live a Christian life. I’m still a sinner, I’m not religious. I live by the Bible. Fasting is part of that. Only in a bind, when I’ve lost hope, I’ll secretly fast (water only, no food) and on the third day every time miracles happen and prayers are answered!

7 Likes

Gave up breakfast 3 months ago.
Zero issues. Legit, and it has not affected me in any negative manner. Alls good

4 Likes

Im pretty consistant, 20/4 intermittent fasting with occasional 36-72hr for approx 3yrs now and 100lbs less.

3 Likes

wouldn’t even pin it down to “fasting”.
Caveman didn’t have 3-square Meals… somehow that made eating two meals a day much easier… allow it to be a little flexible to start. Believe the nrg before Lunch as you gain a hunger. I try and wait till 13:00, but there are no hard and fast rules; try and eat no later than 9. Snacks happen.

3 Likes

There is really nothing more beneficial for your body than fasting, so long as you do it right.

As others have said, start reducing your eating time during the day, push your hunger a little further now and again. Hunger pains are created by a hormone called Grueline which will stop after an hour of ignoring.

Listen to your body, be aware of how it’s changing, watch out for low blood pressure, everyones body is different and it may take time to adjust. If you go longer than 24 hours make your first meal pre and pro biotic, to get your gut bacteria up and running before you get into harder to digest foods, and keep away from sugar and refined carbs, they create even more damage and inflammation than usual after fasting.

If you want to cheat black coffee with MCT oil is ok, it will not bring you out of ketosis, in fact MCT oil is very similar to ketones which is what your body will be using for fuel. Start your day with water, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, as it lowers the natural automatic insulin release from just before you wake to around 10am which keeps you in ketosis longer and allows your body longer healing/repair time.

If you can fast longer than 48 hours your body starts doing some amazing repair work, in fact studies are showing after 48 hours your body is actually getting younger.

6 Likes

One disciple is bragging about his master to the disciple of another master.
He claims that his teacher is capable of all sorts of magical acts, like writing in the air with a brush, and having the characters appear on a piece of paper hundreds of feet away.
“And what can YOUR master do?” he asks the other disciple. “My master can also perform amazing feats,” the other student replies. “When he’s tired, he sleeps. When hungry, he eats”

1 Like

snake juice (or a similar sugar free electrolyte blend) can help for people who have a tough time fasting. it seems like alot of the symptoms are caused by low sodium/potassium

1 Like

Yep good point Beacher, I forgot to mention that, I drink a lot of soda water when fasting to keep up the sodium, I also add pink hymalayan rock salt to my water, lemon juice and ACV and take a multi mineral tab as well when long fasting up to 6 days.

3 Likes

We are in our 2nd year of intermittent fasting. Dropped weight, dropped cholesterol numbers, sleep better, feel better, more active.

We also combined that with decreasing meat amounts, Increasing vegetables, more grains, soups, when we do prepare meals.

3 Likes

Sometimes between paychecks.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that if its not intentional fasting, last year I was fasting for 6 days at a time on the first Monday of every month, saved about 100$ for those 6 days.

4 Likes

No, you’re good buddy. I was just joking.

4 Likes