Ducks foot or wally duck

Is it potent then? I’ve read alot of things saying otherwise… I’ve never seen it personally, it’s very unique

1 Like

@beacher

Depends which pheno you get. Here in Oz the wild stuff tends to vary dramatically. The Hawaiian variety is allegedly stronger. Mine is brutally potent – good as any fancy strain out there. I have an IBL of duck super autos that yield like original ducksfoot and absolutely hit like rhinos.

It annoys me greatly when people rag on ducksfoot. It has so much more to commend it than just its pretty camo qualities.

See…?

20 Likes

Looks beautiful! Good to know it’s more potent than people may think.

2 Likes

DaffyDuck thanks for posting such a fine specimen of the real duck! Didn’t realize there isn’t many places to acquire it!

Any chance your interested in the seed preservation section?

I’m sure there would be ALOT of interest having a twin of her in the back yard

2 Likes

Hi,

What is the seed preservation section?

Mine are all my own breeding, using a great duck specimen (now lost – unless the last two beans of it manage to sprout next year). I have three lines I’ve been developing over many years, and all are automatics.

I plan on resurrecting the original line (with some luck) by squaring an original mother and an F3 auto male to recover the photo version of this wonderful strain. I’ll work it till it’s close to the original duck. I may distribute some seeds to competent and worthy people when the project is done. I’m sure those ducks will put an end to all the nonsense going around about this beautiful varietal.

Otherwise, a breeding pal has developed a wonderful automatic version based on my work. The commercial batch is now being tested and should be available through him sometime later this year. That amazing strain doesn’t disappoint, and is fast to finish – 75 days seed to smoke!

No, it has nothing to do with me, and I don’t spruik for anyone. I’m just a breeder. I don’t labor for profit but for the love of it – and for the love of ducks.

My friend’s lovely line:

Cheers.

17 Likes

Sounds like you know your ducks here is the latest seed run the first post gives a run down of how it happens coop seed run !

Thanks shiska

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior

I love that concept!

Yes, for the photo ducksfoot version – I will definitely be participating and sending testers out at F2. In fact, this brilliant innovation motivates me to get started on it – and soon as I finalize current projects, I will. This is a cool place you lot have resurrected here!

Cheers.

5 Likes

Glad I could be your motivation I’m looking forward to the ducks return ! Maybe shoot Sebring a pm and discuss further , He can help with the logistic end of things !

2 Likes

Soon as I get started, I will.

And, yes, I think folks might be very surprised of the quality ducksfoot can deliver, in every respect – potency, taste, yield, and good camo till they hit flower. They deserve a better place in the cannabis community than they currently have.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Thanks I had two seeds left and a member here was having troubles finding it ! Hopefully he finds what he was looking for have my fingers crossed they both sprout for him!

1 Like

Indeed. ::slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing your next run of them. :sunny:

2 Likes

Well,

The current run will be the last for a while.

I already have three solid automatic IBL lines. I’m crazy about autos; they offer unique advantages. I love photosensitive strains also – and another challenge. I will indeed resurrect the original photo duck. I have the genetics, and I know well what the original should be.

I also know what ducks should not be. I don’t believe there are bad ducks, just some not as great as others, and growers that aren’t familiar with their needs. Perhaps I’ll start a thread when the project begins.

For now, this lovely lassie was a recent example of my core line, the mother strain so to speak, and much of her impressiveness, though not all, she owes her photo duck mother.

The photo mom was as impressive, and near bulletproof. Much can be said for webbed strains, besides some of the rubbish I read on various forums.

Cheers.

13 Likes

Those look pretty solid to me! Really cool looking plants bro!

2 Likes

hey @DaffyDuck you live in OZ? have you ever come across the aussie bastard cannabis / mongyweed / dizzy etc ? with the non serrated leaves

7 Likes

Yeah, we heard of it. Hard to find but it’s still out there. Meant to be total rubbish. Headache weed. Some have tried to breed the look of it into a better hitting something. No idea if anybody’s managed it, but to my mind, considering what a lousy smoke it’s meant to be, the trade-off ain’t worth it.

5 Likes

It’s each to their own. You praise the duck foot strains and people have exactly the same thoughts about that strain as you do about the Aussie bastard. I’ve not seen or tried either to be fair but I’d be willing to give either strain a place in my garden just for the stealth factor. Both are weird looking cannabis strains though :rofl:

4 Likes

@Esrgood4u

I’m interested in everything weird and potentially stealth. Suppose some of the indifference people have around here to the ABC comes from a breeder’s point of view. Besides it’s structure it has little to commend it. Ducksfoot, to the contrary, has merit on every point we rate cannabis by. It’s leaf structure is pretty, but almost inconsequential. The way legalization is spreading around the world, ‘camo’ varieties may become totally unnecessary, unless they can hold their own on all other parameters.

ABC seems too little on the table to me. Still, I wouldn’t refuse it a corner in the patch, given the chance…

Cheers.

4 Likes

A lot of growers go for rarity. I think that’s why ABC is so appealing to them. :+1:

2 Likes