Ducks foot or wally duck

People say they didnt like it, I loved it, damn

1 Like

@DaffyDuck Sounds great , Is the duck foot strain pure sativa or indica or hybrid?. Did you analysed THC/CBD levels?. I am working in publish a chapter in an international Journal about cannabis mutations. CanI use this picture?. looking forward hearing from you.

Ive still got some of the original duck beans Wally gave me a long time ago. It wasnt a strong smoke but a very unique leaf trait. I think they would be good for crossing to see how the trait expresses and to improve the potency.

5 Likes

@jesuswearsflares Wally is here now! @wallyduck

4 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard Thanks, is Dooby here too?

2 Likes

@wallyduck
hello wally,
I still have some of your old ducksfoot beans from years ago. I remember saying they wasnt very strong. Did you ever rerun these and improve the potency? Good to see your still about the web and I hope youre keeping well.
jwf

3 Likes

@saxo good to see you here, I hope you are still “enjoying the day” I remember you from sannies, excellent grows and always positive. I hope you are well.

4 Likes

for sure you can find some good stuff amongst it ,
the original stuff i had was just delicious ,
but i didnt do the best job of reproducing it at the time ,
it had a lovely taste , a really happy and smiley type of high ,
while not overly potent , it wasnt really lacking in that department ,
and the smell was very strong , you could smell it though the bag…

the hybrid i made with ducksfoot and webbed indica from hawaii was super strong pot ,
really permeating smell too , it would stink the whole house out , a plant in the backyard could be smelt by all the neighbours ,
at the time we used to add dabs of melty hash to a lot of what we smoked , for that extra hit ,
the webbed hybid didnt need it , it was as potent or more so than the other stuff that had hash added to it ,
but sadly i never got around to getting any on the market ,
getting busted can really spell disaster with breeding programs ,
my work at that time didnt recover from the bust , and i just went on with growing gunja out in the jungle instead …
recently i got some seeds off an aussie which i think may be the webbed hybrid , sourced by his dad who lives near me , and he reproduced them ,
im yet to grow any to confirm , but his description and the look of the stuff does with with the webbed hybrid,
im pretty keen to crack some , but i need a safer place than my current one …

15 Likes

I had this Kona duck foot in my last run but it came out to all males and the leaf shape wasn’t drastic

7 Likes

Hey @wallyduck . I got a few seeds of what I thought were ducksfoot but When I looked at the name it said webfoot. I realize it may be just of no consequence but did you call one strain Ducksfoot and the other specificaly Webfoot?

hey man ,
no i didnt name that , i dont know what it is …

2 Likes

Probably just ducksfoot. Im going to grow them out this summer. Just waiting for spring. :rainbow:

3 Likes

cool , swing up some pictures when you do man ,
be nice to suss them out …

3 Likes

Thats the plan. :grin:

1 Like

…sounds of an imitation…like “Jock Horror”

2 Likes

Hey @wallyduck . Have you ever seen a true landrace from the area of Cambodia/ Vietnam ? Not the “Hoa Bac”. I mean something wild and “in country”. Im just curious if the plants in that area are similar or more diverse. There are many years of history in that area.

1 Like

i havent grown any of either to my memory ,
but most of those south east asian strains have similarities as far as i could tell/see…

4 Likes

I got some seeds from an old vet who collected them in Vietnam, the ones I have grown have been very branchy and had smaller darker leaves than some of the others SE Asian varieties. The issue is that the bulk of the weed you can buy in SE Asia is not necessarily grown at the point of origin where it’s purchased.
A lot of weed comes from Cambodia and Myanmar where the legal system is lax.

Cambodian is often similar to Laos in the way it grows, with a starburst ball appearance instead of the tall Xmas tree that many of the Thai plants have. I have only ever got these seeds from people who claimed what they were, any ability to verify is impossible.

Here is a pic of one of the Vietnamese, this one has a little lavender in it so it’s not pure, but I do have them in pure form also…

Cambodian

13 Likes

Hey @wallyduck . I am curious. What was the hippy scene like in Australia in the 1960s. I know all about the “summer of love “ in the U.S.A. but you guys in OZ must have had a blast.

1 Like

Hey Magu,
the hippy scene was a bit of a thing back in the 60s and 70s ,
particularly around places like Byron Bay, Mullumbimby and surrounding areas ,
as well as up the north where i live in places like Kuranda and Cedar Bay,
theres actually still some remnants of all that and even festivals like Mardigrass in Nimbin.

I was a bit late to see it all in its prime , but when i was younger in Northern Australia there was a lot of hippie sort of stuff still going on ,
i witnessed it as part of the introduction to toking weed ,
i was quite young , but they seemed pretty tolearant and happy to share ,
i liked the alternative lifestyle types who grew as much as they could , and were often vegetarians, subsistence farmers,
it encouraged me to do similar , though i was already bitten by the gardening bug at a very early age …
Many had also travelled to far off and exotic places , i loved hearing the stories,
and yearned to see some of the things they had , so it influenced me to want to travel also ,
having said that , those hippies actually had a fair bit of impact on me that i didnt even think about until writing this , hahaha
My mum and her partner lived in the bush , a fair way from the nearest town , with no electricity , or any services , though they did have a phone ,
i lived there alone sometimes , on and off during my last years of school and after that also,
taught me how to be alone i guess …

4 Likes