Education level

was absolutely down to cannabis, gave me the realisation it was a problem I then transferred my obsession from gambling to cannabis, took 9 years.

4 Likes

i’m auditing a russian A1 course online from st petersburg university

2 Likes

bahaha I already posted here . Stoner moment.

4 Likes

I think it matters more now because of legalization and the mainstream aspect of cannabis becoming a thing.

People that own cannabis dispensaries like to see some college instead of a rap sheet; it used to be the other way around.

If shits legal then all the old wisdom and street smarts kinda falls flat, big corporations can price gouge and GMO all they want.

I have some college I never finished.

2 Likes

MBA. Don’t get me started on how much money, or how much it has really helped me. I have actually started leaving it off my resume, and been getting more interviews! Sad really. Some companies have actually openly stated they will not hire MBA holders.

The knowledge will always be with me. It’s good to help run a company.

5 Likes

Graduated English university of Westminster. Really regret it, because later I realized that I chose a wrong major. But don’t regret too much because I met some awesome people and they changed my way of thinking.

6 Likes

College grad here. I believe in continuous learning so I’m always enrolling and dropping out of degrees at various institutions. I’ve graduated one college, dropped out of one, and dropped out of a community college.

2 Likes

Why the hell is that? The execs can’t handle pushback from folk that can see beneath the sheets or interject reality into the clown show?

Sorry, hearing such things makes me angry. I’ve been around plenty of companies that have made exceedingly poor business decisions … some going bankrupt multiple times … with decisions that has the on-the-ground workforce scratching their heads … and it’s not because of the workforce talent. Execs always seem to eject unscathed and properly enriched, no-matter. Funny that.

I hear you there, it’s quite an extended duration challenge to complete a degree once in-the-workforce or once you have a family life … and to do it well. Cash, time, and health. Not only that, my experience has been many companies will actively interfere with your progress if they discover you’re, unless anointed, taking night classes (even on your own dime/time).

6 Likes

I’m not sure why, threatened, as you say?

The last place I worked seemed to move up people that were incapable of doing their job. You get upper management that had no clue of what’s going on. If you disagree with their stupidity you end up in the first round of layoffs (me).

5 Likes

Something I have run into fairly frequently is there are certain management types that actively get rid of smarter underlings and then surround themselves with ‘yes men’.
I much preferred hiring people smarter than me - I always learned great shit!
AND my departments virtually ran themselves.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Maybe that is why we get along. I am not able to be a yes man.

2 Likes

Sheeple don’t grow weed…

Goats and badgers sure do! :sweat_smile: :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Dropped out of community college in the early 90’s, finished my BS in Business in 2010. I always planned on getting an MBA, but in my experience most upper management do not want to hire someone with more education than they have earned. Definitely not a yes man!!

2 Likes

And gpaws reached this point in life by being awesome and growing :fire:! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: (and making babies)

1 Like

Thanks for the complement :+1: :sunglasses:

I’m just applying my basic managerial skills:

• Get the best you can
  • train them
  • Keep them happy
    …and they will deliver!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yeah, those dropouts were while I was full time in the work force. I’ve been really lucky that all my employers have supported my ongoing education, even if it wasn’t related to my work.

I just couldn’t keep up with the first one, and decided the second one wasn’t worth what I was paying to just read a text book I can buy off Amazon and study myself.

3 Likes

The truest and most under- utilized principles in management.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more!! Putting people in positions that allow them to use their skill set is one of my favorites. The employee is much more productive and happier. This to me is common sense, but surprisingly some managers overlook this or can’t be bothered.

4 Likes

To be blunt, the frequency of finding bad management examples out there has been shocking for me. It doesn’t matter what line of business, it’s always seems to be present.
Nowadays they have proper management courses - there is no excuse for that BS.

Sorry, pet peeve.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thanks gpaw. At least someone sees it. Not the idiots in charge though. It’s so freaking simple.

1 Like