ELG's Lost Garden

The plants are looking better. I’ll be flipping in about a week I think.

10 Likes

The plants are chilling :call_me_hand:

The Berry OG Kush is now a nice bush.

The Alien Rock Candy doesn’t want to branch out too much…

The Fullgas! has some nice coverage and branched out like a champ.

9 Likes

Lights have been flipped to 12/12. I also added some dry amendments.

10 Likes

All three plants are showing pistils! It’s crazy how as soon as I added the dry amendments the plants looked happier. The soil also holds water longer. The liquid fertilizer I’m using doesn’t seem to be too compatible with my soil.

12 Likes

Looking nice and healthy bro, great canopy! :grinning:

2 Likes

Time for a update. The plants are looking much better. They seem to love the mix of organic nutrients and salts. Maybe still lacking a bit of Mg.

The Berry OG Kush

The Alien Rock Candy

The Fullgas!

I’ve been smoking on the Dessert Runtz for a week or so and it’s really nice. The taste is sweet creamy overripe fruits. The potency surprised me, it’s some loud stuff. It’s the common cookie high but it creeps on you.

13 Likes

The plants are enjoying life.

13 Likes

Great looking garden you’ve got going they all look healthy from here.

4 Likes

Thanks @ShiskaberrySavior !

I top dressed the pots with fresh soil. I started to see the roots of the Alien Rock Candy. I’m sure the plants will appreciate a little more root space. I also defoliated the enter of the plants, cleaned the lower branches and lowered the lights a bit. I’m at around 700-800 ppfd, supplemented with second hand vape smoke.

The Berry OG Kush, my sexiest plant.

The Alien Rock Candy, not sure how I feel about this one.

The Fullgas! Lots of smallish buds.

8 Likes

Full tent of bud! Nice! :star_struck:
They look awesome! :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you OTUG. It’s also a race against time, in the end of January I’m going on vacation. So everything has to be done or close by then.

Oups I uploaded the wrong photo for the Alien Rock Candy… Now it’s good!

3 Likes

The closet is really starting to stink. I need to order a new carbon filter.

The Berry OG Kush is the first plant I grow that can’t hold it’s weight, i had to tie the plant under the canopy. Some lower bud sites and leafs started to go limp and dying, that worries me a little bit. I think it needs a lot more water then I’m giving it…

Thr Alien Rock Candy.

The Fullgas!

And a view of the tent.

9 Likes

Some big bullshit happened over Christmas and I’ll have to close down the grow once this harvest is dry. I’ll probably have to move out too. Life is unfair sometimes. But at least I have some weed.

Here are some last photos of the tent. They haven’t been watered for a week. Last time I checked most trichomes were cloudy with no amber, so it should be okay I guess.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear you may have to move, let’s hope the next place is better than the current. Stay positive and yes you do have something for your efforts!

5 Likes

So 2 of the plants are dry. The Alien Rock Candy smells crazy sweet, like really fucking sweet. When I tried to trim it, I stopped because it was just too fluffy… It’ll go in the freezer until I can get some bags to wash it.

But I did collect some bracts and sampled them. Not bad at all!

About to start the Berry OG Kush.

9 Likes

Here’s a nug from the Fullgas! Some really nice smoke.

It was too boring not tending to a plant, no not really i just out of weed again lol. I installed the tent again, but only for a single plant this time.

Around Christmas the landlord called me and said that it stank like “fresh” weed after he changed my smoke detector, he said he was going to tell on me. But I don’t know if he saw the tent or not, like for sure it smells like weed, I have weed around the place. So I got paranoid and closed everything. I’m going to get a new carbon filter just in case.

So here’s another fullgas growing slow in my cold tent. It will have only like 2 months, in may I have to start the guerilla. I’m still not sure if It’ll be a small plant or if I will reverse it. We will see…

5 Likes

Here is my super sophisticated automated irrigation system! Thank you Newton :pray:

But really, originally I wanted to design a small automated irrigation system that would use an Arduino with a moisture sensor, now that you can ask the AI to give you a full script to program the irrigation with all the constraints you want. The only thing holding me back before was the coding, but now that the coding part is figured out all there is to do is to get the equipment and do some testing. Which will most likely happen after the summer, for now gravity will do…

5 Likes

i got away from moisture meters and arduinos quite awhile ago, couple of things you’ll find out is first the moisture meter will be highly dependant on consistent and equal soil/media contact, if it gets bumped, or you move it in any way shape or form that setpoint is gonna change and it doesn’t take much to go from working to flooded and or even returning to the same ranges you were in before, the other thing is most coding doesn’t take into consideration corrosion from keeping that sensor going i had to make stainless steel probes and having coding that would only power the sensor up for a couple secs before taking a reading one cause it needed to equalize first and two you could blow through any generic sensor in a couple days apart from the newer expensive ones.

In the end a simple timer based system and just watching plants needs has been alot more effective for myself.

5 Likes

Thanks @Mr.Sparkle, I wanted to try to use this with rockwool to avoid the media contact issue, but your experience with how fast the sensors die is enough for me to reconsider this project…

It’s already te 2nd week of march. This year I’ll start the plants for the guerilla earlier. 11 already sprouted.

The line up is:

6 reg London Loud
1 fem Shiva Skunk
4 reg White Widow
2 fem NYCD×SB
3 reg Grand Daddy Purp
3 reg Super Lemon Haze
4 reg Kazakh

And the Fullgas freshly topped.

11 Likes

The seedlings are slowly showing up and the thirsty Fullgas is growing nicely.

Finally found the time to run all my collected trim and the fluffy Alien Rock Candy that was only dried.

Now it’s in the freezer to dry. Can’t wait to try it! :call_me_hand:

11 Likes