Environment here changed

Also somewhat new here and still feeling around as i get a bit more active/comfortable on this site.

I dont have the time currently to read as many journals as i’d like, and have yet to start my own… but i’v been thinking about it. I have a several year journal elsewhere…

I’m not here for free seeds, i have traded with a few and have a few trades pending now. I also got in on a buy in seed run…

@Chronickyle hope you stay active around here.

11 Likes

sounds like you have a price for your free seeds.

3 Likes

This has been posted on reddit? That’s about the last place I would want OG posted about. That could explain some of it right there.

9 Likes

I solved the too many beans problem by giving sets to folks I know in person that don’t OG and want/need medicine. Once I did this the first time in April I got hooked on the pay-it-forward nature of the bean give-aways and only keep a few of each strain so I can share again (or) grow myself.

I’m not a CBD person myself, but have several friends that need this and now they have it because folks were kind enough to share with me to share with them. :smiley:

The hoarders make me sad. Those things are alive and should be given a chance to grow.

12 Likes

Who made this thread? I wrote this in my journal asking @TeamOG to delete it. But I did not make this post.

Edit well I asked @moderators to do it but that did nothing.

5 Likes

@Chronickyle
I do hope this doesn’t have anything to do with our lil’ dust up 2 days ago. I apologized then and again I’m sorry for my harsh.

Looking back I think the 2ed instance you referred to may have been when I said that if your RO filter was spitting out PH8 that you might need a new filter membrane… Only thing I could find… I am definitely not dogging you.

If it will help bury the hatchet I am HAPPY to send you some visionary cacti seeds, even if it takes 5 years for them to grow and be eaten before it is buried :wink:.

Please don’t go.

Dirtron

8 Likes

I would say the are concerned about the environment on overgrow as several of them have commented and are trying to see where everyones ‘heads’ are. And how they want to steer things based on some discussion.

8 Likes

yeah that about sums it up

3 Likes

You’re not wrong. I have given seeds to new dibbers who didn’t deserve them. Therefore, I helped feed this problem. I won’t any longer. Sorry to those I helped upset. The seeds giveaways were fun at first. Then the same people kept winning. And doing nothing else. Time to dry it up. Just my .02

12 Likes

TLDR; except the first 20. Gotta go do some work (yea!) today and will catch up tonight.

One solution idea is to have a reputation tracking system of some sort.

That’s how it always was years back. You HAVE TO establish a positive reputation over time… and somehow be able to log it.

But better than that is that everyone here would actually feel like they know you and your character after a period of ones new membership.

Seeds are flying through here so fast atm that I seriously worry about hundreds of fake seeds are getting inside our vaults.

It needs to be discussed and everyone here needs to do some soul searching.

We used to have some seasoned breeders pop in here from time to time. I haven’t seen any but TG and look what happened to him. I’d never come back either.

We need to have the sort of super high reputation on OG that would encourage industry leaders to be a part of our community of growers and feel comfortable stopping in to answer a few questions for their customers.

We’re starting to get a bad rep online and most breeders say that they are done with Forums.

What do we want OG to be known for in the future? peace

18 Likes

this is a big fear of mine, where you think you have a certian genetic structure to build off of but instead you got some random hermie beans.

preach! love this idea

4 Likes

You made valid claims…

I’ve split this part from your (orginaly public) topic because it is important topic for the community. Your personal grow topic was later moved to #private-lounge and I think this still deserves to be discussed in wider public.

I wanted to react to your post and didn’t want to clutter your grow journal which you might want to continue with…

28 Likes

the free seeds thing we have to impose rules for og cannot. We need to make it so it is limited how often we give to the same ones. Spread the seeds to more than one and impose our rules, they cannot be seen as doing it.

Edit- if people abuse it make it so one a week or month for that matter.

2 Likes

The first step of addressing the problem is making it open in the public eye

6 Likes

This is my ultimate fear! I would pay high prices for some of the seeds here, because I trust the breeders. I do not know enough to vet breeders and etc, for a new grower like me this is a safe haven. For knowledge and genetics.

7 Likes

I feel like some people are using og to build karma and then abusing the trust. Like happened with some other proceedings.

you can build a lot of good trust and feedback in a short time giving away seeds here.

11 Likes

Please don’t get me wrong. To give away seeds or not it is still the decision of the donor, not mine.

I’m not the one giving the seeds away. I’m just providing the limited space for those who want to offer or demand seeds. Because I know that requests for seeds won’t magically disappear even if forbidden and it is best to constrain them in particular limited space (the Free seeds topic). When contained in particular thread it is easy to mute them. I also think there should be a privilege not to be harassed because of free seeds in PM.

14 Likes

right. no way to exert controls on those giving them away.

could be some are unaware of the risks but likely most won’t care. And I know for a fact I have received beans that others have grown out that all hermied.

2 Likes

i agree for the most part. If someone has offered them around and you wander in and see them offered without previously liking or commenting though I think people get kind of prickly about this.

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous.

I could offer up -

Dildo Tickle x Toilet Brush
70% Indica with hints of earth and hash. Mild late flower herm tendencies but no big deal.

I’d have a dibber in about 5 seconds.

Note: totally made up bullshit.

33 Likes