Very cool.

3 Likes

I don’t remember what those old beans to the right were I have to ask
he sent me tons and tons of old stuff for me to pop
His friends as well
I have a pretty extensive collection of old seeds from all over. oooold
I wish I had an actual facility to run the numbers tho

2 Likes

have a few of Tony’s packs remember they were gifted by him - he’s been around for 5 years +

Something to think about with auctions.
If the cause is for a sick person, someone may pay way over value to donate to the cause.

10 Likes

I may have spoken Chinese for a moment…LOL

6 Likes

Absolutely, charity auctions can not be used to gauge market value.

5 Likes

$100.00 is a lot for me, I usually split the higher priced beans with my brother. I haven’t found a money tree to plant in the yard yet. I have gone as high as $200 but that’s rare. I don’t have that kind of dough.

1 Like

I look at is as an investment into quality of life haha

IF the seeds are actually worth this 300$, let’s say you have a small micro grow. you will still be making that money back with time from the plants themselves
And now you have the opportunity to find something that can uplift you on a day to day basis and can be kept for 30 years.

you just have to factor it into your specific situation

and I’m not saying cheap seeds can’t be better then expensive either.
someone could make the best pot in the world and decide to sell it for $1 a bean

The only well known breeders I personally would buy are SMF, CSI, archive, people under the stairs and there’s even more homies and lesser known folk but that’s just off the top of my head.
my point being is that I don’t think any of the folks I mention charge more then 120$ a pack

I just like playing devils advocate on this subject because I would like to change the perception on what constitutes expensive and why something is worth what.
There’s a difference between chucking and breeding
and I think amount released and now even marketing come into play more then ever now

1 Like

the reason why I’m considering selling keepers of clones from large 500-1000 plant runs of my beans is mostly so I can control what’s being released haha
I think IP laws are going to be huge in the coming decade and half

there’s a cool program that’s called copyleft genetics it’s a non profit.
and they’re basically trying to set up a system of cannabis genetics that are essentially open sourced.
there’s software that gets copy left protection and basically make it permanently public domain.

as companies in the future will be able to literally sue small breeders into submission with court fees alone and then forcibly take or own genetics that way

2 Likes

? I got a tag but it says deleted

Yah, it was just about how I hope they don’t do this IP mess, and was basing it mostly on my experience with tomatoes and how it’s been handled and how the EU is handling it with Broccoli and Tomatoes but I started researching more and it’s one giant legal battle, and just like with legal cannabis, whomever has the most $ wins.

1 Like

If the govt/phylos/cops asked to see/test my plants I would awkwardly and sexually invite them into my bedroom and watch them run. (My plants are in the bedroom)

1 Like

Absolutely. The last thing I want is IP weed and to have to smoke monsanto’s autocookies for the rest of my life :joy:

Sadly with how bad the hlvd is getting it seems possible that what we’ll be able to grow may one day be limited to cultivars that are resistant to the viroid. Sort of the cavendish banana comes to weed :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

This is what I’ve been grinding away at researching for the past couple days, when breeders S1 their cut and breed from that instead, what is that doing to protect their “intellectual property rights”? There’s only so much I can absorb about mendelian inheritance patterns in breeding, before going loopy.

Does self’ing (S1) an F3 for example, ultimately result in the progeny population being as - phenotypically diverse - as the original mother’s population was?

4 Likes

At the very minimum, even if the S1 came out looking and everything the same as the original it came from, which would be very hard to do, or even better than the original, it will not combine(breed) the same way the original would regardless. No matter how close it gets to the original, it will never be the original cut. It’s false advertisement at best. And if the selfing process leads to herms in the following generations, its malicious.

6 Likes

Ah, I think I see now!

So, what you’re saying is; S1 seeds are likely to be similar to the parents’ expression(s) when grown, but if you use those S1’s to breed, to make a new F1 generation - you unlock all the possible traits from the parental generation?

2 Likes

from what ive seen it depends on the website or breeder, some breeders sell feminized seeds for cheap which i think makes more sense especially if they’re selling to other breeders.

1 Like

do you feel that the regular seeds have better genetics compared to female ??

2 Likes

Lot of discussion and back and forth here.

For expensive packs that are worth it… but in the reasonable range…
Csi, bloom, top dawg

Caleb reversed tk and thats hard to do. So he charges 200 a pack.

1 Like

Double reply here, but also when lems seeds get put up on seed banks they’re also expensive as fuck but he’s put a decade plus breeding his work

2 Likes