Example of high priced seeds

Not quite. If they’re S1s of polyhybrids, they’re essentially F2s but with the parents being identical. If the parents are homozygous (all alleles have the same information) then they’ll breed true and be the same as the parents’ expressions when grown. If they’re heterozygous, they’ll have a variety of expressions that might or might not be similar to the parents, depending on luck of the draw and recessives. If some loci are homozygous and some are heterozygous, it’ll be a variety of expressions but with some traits locked in. That’s in addition to crossover and mutations, since those are rare but uncontrollable aspects of breeding with anything… life finds a way. :wink:

11 Likes

yes i think so, although i dont have enough experience to say for sure but i haven’t really seen regs herm as much as fems

2 Likes

Copy cat genetics, Affinardo stuff etc etc, who realistically would pay their silly inflated prices

1 Like

I think I once bought a seed for $23

1 Like

The problem is there are always people that equate price with quality so some people are willing to pay obscene amounts @okeydokley

4 Likes

holy crap! did it come with a gold nugget?

2 Likes

In my defense Mrs Foreigner bought it for me I didn’t buy it myself.

3 Likes

aww how nice

1 Like

Yeah the other day she showed up with a bale of Promix.

6 Likes

coming in clutch with some fire grow medium

1 Like

The copy cat is all bs. They want you to go buy the seeds from the guys who give “discounts” and only charge 150$ which is still a joke!

3 Likes

at a certain point the quality doesn’t get any better depending on the price

plus isn’t most of their catalog fem seeds?

1 Like

I think most are reversals. Haven’t and won’t grow anything of his/theirs. I’ll go to the breeders who put in the work.

4 Likes

that would make sense as most overpriced seeds/strains are reversals of clones or seeds from a mother plant and yeah i wouldn’t wanna spend my hard earned money on their genetics either, id rather spend something worth my money and with breeders doing something unique rather than creating cash grabs.

3 Likes

Funny thing is, my friend’s facility runs all Copycat in WA. They were featured in High Times I believe.

1 Like

That’s because everyone put in the work, and copy copied them. I just feel the original breeder who actually put in the work deserves credit. I can “breed” my own s1 from any pack if I wanted to .

2 Likes

Seed companies do what they do best nowadays and that’s price gouging…the only way to stop it is not to buy into their hype folks…Do your own creations/breedings…

Homemade Strains Thread

15 Likes

Running Copycat Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato, I payed a lot of money for some nice smelling intersex plants. Sheesh. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I hope you didn’t pay what they are asking on the website. Yikes

1 Like