Example of high priced seeds

Stray has fems too. I snagged the Williams Triangle myself😁

5 Likes

Nah, not worth it at all. However Seed Junky is very aware that there is a certain type of person who will buy something simply because it is expensive and therefore seems “premium”.
There are a lot of those people so they will make bank whether the seeds are “worth” it or not.

4 Likes

Also, Minnntz is a Cookies brand, there are people who will pay a premium for their stuff for no reason other than marketing

5 Likes

paying for seed, and paying even higher for brand names or stupidity over paying for certain strains.
way back if you hear me out, i will tell you a tale that will make you think, boy i will tell you a tail and behold my wink, once said by a Stoney looking fellow, who sat by the bay and wasted his days away,
for he shouted from the hills to the fine streets of earlier years, where things where simple none the less,
for i sit here now to tell you this tale, a story of seed and how it was to be, but first ye hold them dear for these seeds are the life of breathe, a lions harvest and a divine herb shall yet be,
the herb is sticky and sweet, a divine treat, for her buds are how we shall meet.
her fruits so full, and her essence is of only magical treats, we eat these infused treats, and we feel the warmth of a body hug, from our toes to our feet,
we grow more of our favorite sticky treats, exotic smells that only the chosen know,
for these dear seeds we hold so close, so close to our hearts,
it is always life we dream of to start,
but before i lose myself, i will tell the tale of the seed, it is free and they always are, if you wish to work for them you can have them all, if you find the need to pay for seed, then please indeed go ahead, and if you find yourself needing better, then by all means spend some more, for here we have heard that somebody needed yet more, our resinous seed, we will pay more, now we THINK there is still more, when i remember our seed use to be free, our want for expansion and the need for seed, leaving us always wanting more.
the way use to be clear, with a common cause, but the more we need our seed, the more we thing they are worth, but indeed what we do for our seed.
speaking of seed i do have a 21 pack of seed that i am selling for 21 million dollars in gold, there for i win the need because i have the best seed, and i will share some seed to someone in need.

so if you pay lots for your seed, you defiantly should look around and share your seed, and no breeder never needs that much from a seed that use to be free, if you do buy these seeds then your higher than me.

15 Likes

Costumers perceived value=hype
Small batch breeder= rarity
Out of stock=false sense of demand=quality

Cheers

Edit: I have this friend who builds furniture and kitchen stuff - cutting boards etc.
His items wouldn’t sell, and inventory was growing. He asked me why that is, after looking through his inventory I told him to double his prices. Now he can’t build them fast enough lol

In Canada, the gov passed a law where an item has to be offered at the “regular” price for 6 months minimum before being on sale.

Ex: mattresses. You’ve ever seen those $10k mattress, hahaha 6 months later they’re at 1.5k.
Just to give you enough time to dream a little and make your brain belive its WORTH 10k. At 1.5k you seem to win. Same mattress is 500 bucks no deal at some other place LoL

16 Likes

Ya I’ve seen certain strains on various sites go for similar prices. Can’t see it being worth it. No guarantee on seed performance and who knows what will come out of the genetics. I would potentially be willing to pay more for a really crazy clone than a good seed. Also, I can get a pound of perfectly trimmed bag appeal B.C for as low as $450 a pound and shatter at $7 a gram without having to pay to grow it let alone buy the seed. I do look forward to the seed give aways of the crosses you will be making lol

6 Likes

I did see those going for $500 at a bank but that’s too much for me

2 Likes

you want herms ? you gon get herms.

7 Likes

down to 450 already hey… still about 700 here in manitoba. almost making it pointless to grow, only reason to do it is to know how well taken care of the bud is and whats been sprayed or used on it

6 Likes

I once bought a car for $1250. And it had an internal combustion engine.

28 Likes

I know it’s nuts. Outdoor is cool, get some manure now cheap for next year. seed a branch every year and make something specifically for your habitat. Low cost.

2 Likes

Definitely not arguing in favor of individual seeds priced in the hundreds of dollars like what’s happening here, but I don’t think you can use the $450/lb price point to suggest what’s reasonable to others, since this is the internet it naturally ends up being a bit of a global market. In my neck of the woods, $450 might get you two ounces, if you’re lucky or buying in bulk. :stuck_out_tongue: At the dispensary, it would get you an ounce.

7 Likes

100%. Certain flavor of person for whom brand names and conspicuous consumption are very important. Type of person that wears $400 sneakers. Anytime anything is super limited, you know they’re engaging in fuckery. If it was really the best thing on the market they’d pollinate a 20 light room of females. But it’s not about that, never was. Premium pricing strategy and people fall for it every day.

Then there’s the folks who buy them on speculation to resell later, and those planning on doing a pollination immediately and making money off those.

13 Likes

We are talkiing about high prices and breeders - what breeders do you-all use NOW for your “projects” As I mentioned before so, so many breeders - Other than the well kown breeders what are so recent/new breeders that have good/above average genetics ??

Bodhi
CSI:Humboldt
TonyGreen’s Tortured Beans
Strayfox/ Circle of Blessings
Archive
CannaRado
Katsu
Skunk House
Top Dawg
Wyeast Farms
Lucky Dog
Excuse me I’m just waking up so I may remember more, but it’s a safe bet with those.

16 Likes

My most recent grows have been Mephisto autos $(8-9/seed through their site when it’s up which is only on Mondays, their 3 packs are actually 5 packs and 5 packs are actually 7 packs) and Humboldt seed company (not HSO, the Spanish one) photos, which site sponsor chitown has at $80-90 per pack of 10 fems or 20 regs

3 Likes

I am seeing more and more shocking prices at some seed banks. I have seen lots over 500.00 a pack Highest price for seeds I have paid was the 190.00 to D.J. Short for Blueberry F-5. That was too much LOL.

Paying more does not mean better. The value of seeds is different for each person. Everyone’s wants and needs are different. I won’t say that $1000.00 + for a pack of seeds is too much. It damn sure is for me.

For most of us. Any flowered female is worth more than the purchase price of a pack of seeds. If you save a mother, that pack of seeds can continue to add value.

Like everyone is saying. There are lots of winning plants in a 100.00 a pack seeds. I don’t see any reason for me to pay more than 15 to 20 per seed.

9 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:I myself do not buy seeds from a seed bank any longer i try and trade for my seeds i now have 135 strains in my bank last time i bought seeds they were $30.00 for 5 seeds and i received some free seeds also they were Z KETTLE and i received ACAPULCO GOLD FREE and they are great smokes why pay so much for seeds no one smoke is the best of them all every body likes a different strain :mage:

8 Likes

The stuff flying around here for is at least as good as the Dutch seed banks if you don’t need the name or the packaging. But I trust the name on a friend made/ home made seeds that are free more because what would people gain by lying. My bully kush run cost 750 for 2 packs ( i didn’t foot the bill) and wasted like 2 month of veg and 3 weeks of flower till the herms popped. If I had just been smart and picked up some bodhi or tony green I would have been fine and with tony’s gear you can actually ask the guy questions on here.

I owe @tonygreen an apologie I was confusing him with Katsubluebird and Katsubluebirds homophobic slag in katsubluebirds customer agreement policy.

17 Likes

Around here we call them Seed Hermie and Junky Seed. After what I saw on the TK thread, I wouldn’t even buy a regularly priced pack from them.

20 Likes