Example of high priced seeds

I’m getting ready to start, I have the equipment finally (I am also growing veggies) so I think it’s showtime. I was hoping my old seeds would do something, but so far…nada.

I really don’t understand things anymore and feel a bit like rumpelstiltskin. Browsing Reddit is just headache inducing, and I am glad to be “home”.

Check this out (and yes, it’s a stash box Gypsy Nirvana sent me way back in the day!)

14 Likes

If you start poking around here, there are tips and pointers for growing old seeds. A lot of it depends on how they were stored.

4 Likes

That isn’t how fems seeds are made anymore.

3 Likes

Sandwich them inbetween a couple slices of aloe vera, works every time apparently.

Start a grow journal and tag me, I’ll tag some others and before you realize it will be going easy breezy. :+1:

10 Likes

As soon as I get the closet completely cleaned out, will do. I was using it to grow all kinds of fancy lettuces, but have since built a hydroponics rack for the lettuce to free up the closet.

That closet was my original growroom, and it is still set up for all kinds of ventilation and drainage stuff. I still have to install the carbon scrubber and fan in there, too, but I’m down with back problems right now and it’s gotta wait. (I actually goofed when I bought it, I got a 4” instead of a 6” because I apparently can’t read lol.)

11 Likes

Welcome back !

From stock you hold or new packs you might consider?

Either way, we can help.

Hahah, yeah the names have gotten out of hand.
I don’t do autos, tried a few indoors and outdoors…

That sounds really bad.

For your old seeds, I’d sterilize them in peroxide, then pre-crack the shells using your fingers or teeth… spread the seeds on top of moist worm castings, give em a tap so they sink in the medium a bit, lightly spray water on each, put a dome on and leave them be…

9 Likes

If you ask very nicely there may be some seeds floating around the board for you. But VERY nicely :+1:

6 Likes

120? It’s 211 now, so you’re lucky :smiley:
I want to try that mix too, so i hope you’ll start a grow journal :pray:

1 Like

I want to try popping the ones I have first, I’ve held onto them for so long for a reason. Gifted beans are always welcome but I am determined to get my old stuff growing again! :+1:t2::+1:t2:

4 Likes

I don’t know do they have black Friday prices off now :thinking:

You guys are awesome. I’m forever in debt to Overgrow for getting me into cannabis cultivation in the first place. My first “real” grow blew my mind. I’m still wanting to grow my own old stuff, but it would still be nice to have something as a backup in case these old seeds are goners. Plus, I’m ready to rock the casbah and quit smoking garbage lol

2 Likes

I’d offer you something pine tree but not sure which strain would provide that flavour. Any one have some suggestions?

1 Like

Shoot, anything would bring me joy. If it’s loud I will probably love it. Mamba smelled like fruity jet fuel, that’s why I have held onto these seeds for years lol

2 Likes

It would be a gamble to guess northern lights or old school romulian possibly. I can offer something that’s good to grow ogah which is orange goji x amnesia haze or grape pie x snow lotus might have a few c99 x orange goji if I can find them !

12 Likes

the strongest pine smell I’ve grown would be a blackjack clone from dark heart nursery. It was so piney that when my buddy jarred it up, walking into his house smelled like walking into one of those christmas tree warehouses :joy:

9 Likes

Any luck with that letter arriving yet?

4 Likes

Example lol

15 Likes

What the f???
Almost it shows/appears pricey.
Some are very pricey and come in a plastic bag.

3 Likes

Lol I don’t know where to begin with a price especially since they sold out and 1 or 2 is retiring or retired. But I’m always willing to hear offers. Lol

1 Like

If you’re not already married I’d keep those and propose with them!

5 Likes