Example of high priced seeds

This is what i’ve heard about them. Also that they ripped off Mendelbrot and his peoples. He was selling those royal Kush (magnum opus) beans for 1-2k a pack. You can actually buy from Mendelbrots people directly.

9 Likes

That Chemdawg Special Reserve deal. They advertised it is “the ultimate outdoor chem”, and it was anything but lol. I was running a spot off grid that year, but with the few people that came by with some regularity, it became the recurring joke of the season. “premium” beans, vs the santa cruz mountain cross I was also running. The “premium” were a joke, and those SC haze/OGs were free, and putting out 4 foot colas of gassy strawberry goodness lol.

11 Likes

Theres only a handful of breeders i go over $120 a pack for. Would never ever go over $300. Seeds are a roll of the dice. My ceiling is the same way for clones. If I had a business it would be a different story.

7 Likes

@PhilCuisine and @BackyardBoogie420 Thanks for the very interesting information – what do you think of James Loud genetics ? he also
just published on book on breeding ---- ICMAG is a good site also (they re-worked the site a few years ago - it’ better now)
@BarefootAndBlazed I hear you the most I will pay is $100.00 maybe - depends on genetics
@Stokes - seeds no clones for me at present but have seen clones for $25.00 and up

3 Likes

Glad I can help! Dont know much about James Loud other than I tried to listen to his podcast and it was not great information lol. All I can say is charging over $100 a pack for a bunch of Adam Dunn work is insane to me. What cracks me up is all these “weed characters” popping up the last five years were none of the people doing the real work in the old days. I knew more amazing growers than I could count. But none of them made podcasts to pump their own over-inflated egos lol. It was always the dudes they made fun of coming out calling themselves “weed gurus” and all that. But sadly so many people getting into cannabis post legaliztion never saw that dynamic. A friend of mine once called it “propaganja” and thats the most perfect description Ive found lol

10 Likes

The best weed growers pump out fire buds and seeds like it’s no big deal. Too busy growing the kind bud to pump up their egos online. If you have all this time to spend talking about your weed then clearly you’re trying to avoid doing the hard work to actually make it happen

8 Likes

If you don’t mind to develop a bit, i’m very interested by the context of this.
update : (i don’t know shit on mendelbrot, except a line developed fully with the epigenetics of the terroir)

2 Likes

They were certainly not when they were 3-4 bills, my GTR pack was disappointing. Wait until you see a 30-40% sale, then you can get packs for under 150…

3 Likes

Have contacted him about seed pricing ! he answered but not with answer to question. Hey !! check out DudeGrow.com there are some excellent podcast , the also have Rasta Jeff (breeder - Irene Genetics) and many other breeders, ect – good learning, ect

alway great to get some packs at discount prices ! Just got a 3 pack of Bi Frost (InHouse) was very disappointed No germination. strange have never got bad seeds from InHouse after years with them. any simulator experiences - anyone ?

As someone whos been lucky enough to smoke some of that bud, grown from dudes in the general area. I can attest to how truly amazing they were. Usually full term organic outdoor. But Id take that smoke over just about anything. Whatever Mandelbrat was doing, was some real magic. Then I tried some of them in my neck of the woods, and they werent happy campers lol. It was a bummer, but a true testament to how dialed in they got that stuff for their specific climate.

5 Likes

I lost tons of pictures when they did that, pictures that I will never see again or get back…

3 Likes

know what you mean –

I’m always interested in cultivation - spent many years learning and still am - Podcasts ( if you can find the right one) are helpful some times in learning new stuff, ect. some time conversations can be help full.
AND some times interesting folks - aka breeders which talk about their gear Guess I can find 1/2 hr a day to listen to podcasts - just like using grow sites like this to learn and talk to folks @Chara

Prices have gone down but now the description is high priced.

4 Likes

:thinking:
Genetics: *Everything

:joy:

8 Likes

Sounds good to me :rofl:

1 Like

I can try to source kimbo kush fems from original sensible

Well said!

1 Like

So iz that tw any good? ? Im look for some stable tw as well as OGKB and some heavy INDICa like pre98 bubba

1 Like