First grow diary:GG4xDreamcatcher

I’d go ahead and get that isolated if you’re trying to control what gets pollinated. Could happen quick.

2 Likes

Ya I’d like to control it lol, I guess I should be finding out which of the 3 females has better traits to pollinate or something too right? I’ll get it moved as soon as this birthday party is done, I don’t need to be moving a huge pot plant onto my patio with tons of people and children running around, they just might ask questions😂 this timing sucks

2 Likes

Thank you eagle for the advice!

1 Like

No problem, yeah I would pick the one that has the best structure, smell, growth rate, etc. Whatever you are looking for.

1 Like

Ok I snuck the male into my closet so it’s not in the elements outside, and dry so pollen can stay viable hopefully. Threw it under a Giixer blurple.

Plucked off a bunch of leaves so they won’t be in the way of pollen dropping

4 Likes

Yesterday was week 2 marker of flower. Hairs are really starting to pop out! All Is going well for the most part. Had to keep the light dimmed at half power because any higher, the temps get too hot, even at half power I’ve been hovering around 86-91 degrees, depending on time of day. I wasn’t too worried about the heat issue since plants were growing amazing with zero signs of stress, BUT, one lady, I am worried might be herming out on me. Still can’t tell with my inexperienced eyes, just looks like more bumps then hairs on the top bud. Still early to tell for me.

Here’s the 3 plants, one topped, two normal.

Pretty buds looking good

Here’s the bud in question. It just looks different then the other two plants. Not dark green with bright white hairs. There’s fewer hairs and more light green bumps. Hopefully I’m just paranoid

5 Likes

I think your just paraniod. I took a good look with the pic enlarged and cant see any male parts. Usually I see male sacks on the lower flowers if its starting to hermie.
Plants look very healthy. :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

Ugh, you just made that yucky gut feeling flutter far away! Thanks man, I’m just worried. I’ve read people have fine success with higher temps, and read it made herms. At least my higher temps have been consistent without crazy fluctuations. For sure going to modify the cab after this grow.

2 Likes

I agree with @Floyd looks all girl to me. All seems to be doing well! Nice looking girls there!

2 Likes

I was reading in hermies, and learned there’s a TRUE hermie that has the balls that only grow at the internodes. And the stressed hermies only produce the bananas, the part of the inside of the male sac that contains the pollen, so the Banana is what to look for with hermies. I was looking for the actual ball, and I’m guessing what I thought was the ball is just the beginning of new growth, leaves/flowers. I feel much better. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Ok so male has been dropping pollen! I collected some in a glass jar.

I collected maybe a pile about 3/16” squares worth, and I grabbed a Qtip and ran to the ladies! I separated the topped girl, the one that grew biggest fastest, and dipped the tip in pollen and tapped over the lower smaller buds, but still in direct light. I probably was able to tap over 6 buds. BUT!!! So my dumb ass was all excited that I made it this far, got all giddy and took a few pictures, then threw her right back into the cab and locked it up! I forgot to let her be separated for an hour and spritz her down to kill stray pollen!!! And now she’s back by a fan next to the other ladies. It wasn’t much pollen, but with stories I’ve read of pollen going through vents, traveling on clothes, I’m sure I will end up with more seeds then anticipated!!! Well shit. I guess I’ll find out how many buds are pollinated in what, 24 hours?? When the pistils turn red and start receding?? Man I feel retarded!!! Oh well​:man_facepalming:t2::smiley:

4 Likes

When the tips of the hairs turn red does that mean they took the pollen?

4 Likes

Probably, if that’s where you put it.

2 Likes

Well I kinda forgot if that particular bud is one I pollenated😂 I didn’t mark each one but the ones I do remember all the hairs are receding and there’s a few stray buds that got the pollen but for the most part most of the bud sites remain unaffected😃

1 Like

Day 22 of flower. Checked this morning right when the lights cut off to get some good flashy pictures. They are starting to look like buds! The frostiness is valiant and protruding extensively! First time witnessing this is truly a sight to behold!

Light is still at about half power so I’m sure I’m losing ability to get fatter buds, but I can’t turn it up higher as I’m hovering 88-90 degrees as is. Humidity is 60-70 lights on, 90 lights off. I need to get a dehumidifier and try to connect to the intake duct since I don’t have room inside and I read they raise the temps as well.

8 Likes

I usually put painters tape on the branches I pollinate. I also rub the pollen on the female parts with a Qtip rather than the way you did it.

4 Likes

They are looking great :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

It will take many attempts to get the pollen thing down for sure, thanks for the compliment!!! Would defoliating be helpful at this point? Or just let these puff balls of goodness just do their thing? I been using fox farm bloom and worm castings full feed every other watering, nothing too special, was going to add the bone meal(blood? Whichever is the 0-20-0) but I think I’m good, I don’t want to mess this up since they’re growing good

1 Like

I’m just going to say if it aint broke don’t fix it. But they are your plants and you seem to be making the right decisions. :smiley:

2 Likes

Some pictures I really liked of the bud development. Cannabis is absolutely beautiful!

Seeds forming. I hope they still develop being exposed like that

The biggest top cola of the 3 plants. I see couple small yellow banana looking things but they could just be new leaves

11 Likes