First grow diary:GG4xDreamcatcher

I don’t thinks so :thinking: Not Bananas :banana: :banana: :banana:

1 Like

They look awesome bro wow

1 Like

Good stuff you got going on

1 Like

Yes. We have no bananas today :notes: :musical_score: I guess with the high temps in just waiting to see the poop out. But I’ve been wondering, and haven’t really looked into it, but would a plant that’s already been seeded even need to throw nanners? The plant already knows it’s growing seeds for the next generation and has done her job, so maybe even with a form of stress the plant wouldn’t waste the time trying to go herm? I’ll be finding out soon on the last few weeks I’m going to max my light out to raise the lux up from 30k it’s been on. Heat will prob get in high 90s

1 Like

Thanks @Big4blunts2only0 ! I been really blessed with this grow. I grow gardens and have house plants so had a little practice, but I really think I’ve learned the most about growing here on OG then anywhere else. The depth of horticulture here gets extremely scientific and opens your mind up to so much! And honestly growing cannabis is SO much more fun then tomatoes cucumbers and asparagus lol

1 Like

Yeah I dont know, but I would guess no.
90s is pretty hot. Hope you got your humidity under control.

3 Likes

Although I’ve never had it happen personally, I’m fairly certain a plant can still nanner even when seeded. I believe it happened to @lefthandseeds recently in the Lebathon grow.

2 Likes

Today marks week 5 of flower! I’m noticing the buds are getting super sticky, even lifting leaves to inspect buds, fingers get super sticky, with an amazing smell, unable to describe the smell, almost a citrus undertone with that usual strong bud smell, It’s amazing! I haven’t had KB since my 20s so this is something to behold for sure. Hairs are starting to get orange, ones that are not making babies, buds still growing upward but also seem to be fattening up. I’m guessing I got 3 more weeks about. Been using big bloom and worm castings every other watering.

11 Likes

Your doing a great job with those @Dalorean. Looking fantastic. :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

They look awesome!! If you rub the stem. Between the buds, and smell your fingers, how do they smell? Any different from leaves?

Looking awesome!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I love hearing others use the term KB, takes me back! That’s about to change because your definitely growing yourself some kind right there.

1 Like

With the GG4 mother I always go 60+ days. She really packs on weight at the end. The Dreamcatcher girls I grew out were also 60+ and big producers. So I would think 8 weeks would be at least a week or more early. But its up to you when you :axe:

5 Likes

@Floyd thanks for the compliment! And thank you for the flowering times on your mother plants to narrow down the window for me. I have a jewelry mag x60 so I will start checking them out around that time. Wow I can’t believe it’s almost that time!!
@DefNSmokn , the stem doesn’t have that slight citrus smell and is all, diesel/dank smell(I’m guessing that’s what the description is🤪) that real strong terpene bud smell, which might I add is AMAZING! Maybe Floyd could give you better details. Is there a rule of thumb in regards to the stem vs leaf smell?? @Eagles009 ya that’s what we called it growing up in the 90s-early 2000s, in Arizona, kind of in the middle of Cali style mixed with Texas redneck lol

3 Likes

yup same 90’s early 00’s. i was in jersey but we called everything KB that was high grade. i think sugar leaf will give you a better idea of what your final product will be like as opposed to a stem rub. i havent had a plant that ends up with bud that smells like any of the stem rubs. stem rub i just look for strong / weak.

4 Likes

Ok I finally broke down and got an ac unit. Got tired of the high 80s/low 90s temp flux and 60-90% humidity flux. I don’t want to mess these buds up!!! And I want to be able to max this light out, I’m sure I’m only pulling like 100watts dimmed to half way on a 250 watt light. Within minutes the humidity dropped to 56 and temp to 79!! I should have done this earlier.

I covered the trash bag and duct with old baby towels to add insulation. It’s going to be a pain in the ass regulating the temp though since the thermostat is outside the cab and if I turn it off the trash bag collapses and gets sucked into the duct clogging it. So I need to work with it some more.

4 Likes

Im in AZ now, nw area

1 Like

Guessing the Flag area, not much of anything else up that way lol it’s beautiful up there, I always wanted to hike Mt. Humphrey

1 Like

Nah, farther west i suppose, Golden Valley area. Full fledge desert. Lol

Prescott area is where i preferred to end up but the wife doesnt want snow…

1 Like

Looking good man. Can’t wait to see how they turn out. This is your first diary, how many grows have you done. Please excuse me if you posted this earlier I did a quick read.

1 Like

@DefNSmokn oh you’re out there by Hoover dam right? Yikes ya you’re for sure out there in the middle of nowhere! It’s alright it’s better out there then Phoenix or Tucson. Those are the armpit and buttholes of AZ🤣
@LilJonB this is my first ever indoor grow, I don’t count the one I tried when I was still in high school cuz I had to dispose of everything when the plant was a seedling. I have grown outdoor 2 times but both times were small plants and bag seed and one hermed. So this is for sure my first real grow.

4 Likes