First grow indoor grow in some years

The footprint is even smaller, the actual measurement from the inside of the bars (useable floor area) is 22"x46". The pots are 3 gal but I did go with the tallest, narrowest ones I could find.

1 Like

the beginning of flower is such an exciting time! I think I said this before but great canopy :+1::+1::pray:

Hey guys day 14. I’m starting to have concerns about stretch and light bleaching. I only have inches I can move the lights up before the carbon filter is in the way of raising them any higher. Is it possible to run my carbon filter and fan effectively outside the tent so I can utilize that last foot of height? The tops of these buds forming look bleached to me. They didn’t before but these plants have been growing overnight I have to raise the lights every morning when I get in the tent. Any other suggestions? I can dim my lights as well but I’m worried about dinning them too much and not providing enough light. Please offer some opinions!!!
image|375x500

6 Likes

Very nice! really like the canopy.

I was told I could set it out side. The only issue is you can’t pre filter as it pulls the other way.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Hey @Ny_pifftrain, sorry I forgot to reply after seeing this update, hope you figured out a solution.

You can run the fan outside of the tent, but the carbon filter should stay in the tent to remain effective.

I would suggest you put the fan outside the tent, and move the lights around so you can raise them higher, while still being able to accommodate the filter.

Looks great so far :grinning:

2 Likes

You certainly know how to maximize you’re space so I am sure you will come to a solution.

From what I’ve read - I wouldn’t dim the lights as they are meant to run at full brightness . Especially during flower.

For my tent I have the fan and filter on top of the tent and the ducting just dropped into the top right port…
Pullin air Fromm tent and pushing into filter.

Very little space to flow between the fan- ducting -filter. I haven’t notice any Oder and air flow seems to be efficient.

Maybe not as efficient as pulling through the filter .

That’s just me, I also do a lot do things backwards - LOL

I’m not familiar with light bleaching personally. . .or have I seen it.

Your stretch should slow down now or almost be finished come the end of this second week.

Plants look super happy by the look of the leaves. I always love seeing them get to that point where they are pointing up and waiting for a drink lol!

Good luck with your configuration if any - I would consider maybe waiting to see max stretch in 2 Days, maybe super crop and bend the stretchiest ones over or maybe tie them down ?

Edit
From what I can see, looks like you have a fair amount of room. I have personally grown plants wit LEDS that we’re 2-8” away From lights… also that LEDS won’t burn up the plants as they don’t get so hot!
(Open to all corrections)
Best of luck

Great photo update of happy plantsman

2 Likes

Thankyou for the reply’s you guys. I’ve been gone out of town since Friday will be back this Thursday so I premixed food and gave a close friend of mine a quick rundown on ph so he can check and make sure it’s not fluctuated any before he feeds them (plant sitter if you will). But I’ll be looking forward to seeing my girls and giving you guys an update Thursday! I may give one of my gelatos to a friend of mine that lost whole tent to contaminated clones he was gifted. Paid $40 for 2 clones that ended up having pests :pensive: poor fella didn’t know what hit him.

2 Likes

Sounds good. Glad all is well and looking forward to the update :grin:

Sorry to hear that, infested clones are the worst! Too bad he didn’t have a quarantine area set up. Good thing he’s got a friend like you.

1 Like

Day 20, I just got back from camp. My plant sitter did right by the girls and I! They are looking great. I definitely went overboard filling my trellis this round and ended up with a jam packed tent but it was a great learning expirience for next time, and I’ll know to flip sooner because these girls are out of control!!! Did a little defoliation today sparsely around the top and a little more aggressively underneath the canopy. Starting to stack up nice :slight_smile: the super tall gelato is the one that is going to a friends tents whenever he stops by to grab it.

8 Likes

Nice! They look right on track too. That tent is gonna be jam packed with buds once they start filling out.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy. And I agree it’s going to be hectic but I learned tons of really good scrog tips at northernscrogger.com that I will be able to use next run to keep everything a little more uniform. If any of you guys want some insight to another method of scrog check out his website I found it very very helpful!

1 Like

I just can’t stay out of my tent :rofl: decided these girls needed a thinning. Liking what I see so far.

8 Likes

I love hearing stories where plant sitters DON’T screw things up!!! Looks great!!!

2 Likes

Day 23! I started the second part of the fox farm dry fert along with the liquid trio as according to their soil feeding schedule. These three strains have taken the heavy feeding no problem with a FF sledgehammer flush every 4 weeks.

4 Likes

Week 4! The girls are starting to feed much more frequently now that they have filled up these three gallon bags nicely. They just had their second FF sledgehammer flush yesterday and will be fed again tomorrow or the next day depending on how fast they dry up. Some of the branches are getting pretty heavy and laying over a ways I may add a second net soon but all in all things seem to be going well.

7 Likes

Thursday will mark the first day of week five, and these girls are coming along great if I do say so myself. Some of them are starting to show some color and at this point it seems like the gelato will be the last to finish. Here are some bud shots I took yesterday before lights out. I had to add a second nap to support the ladies they are becoming pretty top-heavy! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Some beautiful nugs forming and I’m loving the leaves @Ny_pifftrain :grinning:

I just wish I wasn’t out of likes right now :sob: lol

BlackColdAtlasmoth-max-1mb

2 Likes

No

Photo dump and a little day 38 of flower update. I added 2 usb fans and am super happy with the change in environment. Things are going well and the lady’s are on the last nutrient mixture I’ll give them for their remaining weeks. I hoping a pound dry but I think that Might be a bit on the wishful side. Maaaan do they smell something crazy!

8 Likes

Wish I could smell those frosty flowers. Nice pics! Hope you get that pound you’re aiming for :grinning:

2 Likes

Some bottom to top shots of the lady’s as a result of my boredom today, no work no kids so guess I’ll play in the tent! Nothing exciting to report just maintaining these ladies. I think the sour is going to finish first, then the GG, and the gelato last.

6 Likes