First time questions

Deffinatly over water you live you learn I pulled the pots earlier got rid of water in my bottom trays. Which good roots it looks like and plants are still gradually growing more and more each day. Smaller pots with space restriction so shouldn’t take long to dry soil back out and find the sweet spot of watering.

1 Like

@Meesh yeah I’ve told all about the litfa haven’t quite got all these abrevations figured out felt a bit special when realized what I was googling.

1 Like

To be honest I sort of figured I’d kill the first two I put in here so I’m already past my expectations lol

3 Likes

I expected similar, then I had a small jungle. Then I killed half in the least expected way. Growing pains. I’ve killed more plants by caring for them than neglecting them, lol.

4 Likes

Best plant I ever got was a gift 6 months later no water and then was still going. So far I’ve left them alone for most part other than water and staring lol just a little bit of to much of one of those it seems

2 Likes

Looks like the soil could be improved in the aeration area looks to be dense some Organics stuff can be really dense and hold on to more water lighten it up with perilite , or vermiculite like substance sand could be used in a pinch also I just think the roots are in too wet of an environment to be happy that’s my 2cents

Oh and I’m not seeing N TOX at all so your good there

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle Thank I thought the soil looked a bit compact to so I fluffed the pots along the side later when drained my water tray we will see here over the next week how those minor things play into but I’ll have to look into the pertile and sand thou for next go around thanks to everyone elses thoughts to

1 Like

When ya up pot into a bigger one put more aeration in at that time you could even knock some soil off the roots a bit and mix that into the mix as well

1 Like

How small are these pots?

@Tinytuttle To be honest not sure on size 5in by 5in I’d say and with smaller box I cut holes to drop to bottom drawer for more room so why I’m looking more at bottom feeding bc can crack drawer to add water as needed bc tray completely fills drawer but they got started in half size as that by my neighborly sensei and from my understanding he fills bigger pot with soil around the original pot pulls and transplants right in hole I’ve already got roots goin thru bottom and where my over feed came in bc hadn’t been paying attention to that side of it yet
Also double thanks bc I have been trying to find your tiny turtles but couldn’t remember name till saw it

1 Like

What brand did you use? I’m having similar issue with mine. I will be adding pearlite to it, it holds too much water. I got it real fluffy dry but after a couple watering it sank.

1 Like

I’m using the sensei’s homemade next door I’m not even close to building my own but I’ll see if he can’t send me a list of what all it’s made of I believe he found the recipe on it on here thou

2 Likes

Sounds like maybe a half gallon size probably about the size I’m in currently welcome to the small container community! Give a shot at the solo cup competition When it rolls around again then ,still need to work on the 16oz size myself I think I might be able to pull it off nowadays though!

1 Like

Ya just realized ya have autos there ,so maybe transplanting might set them back a bit if You do. May be hard to do any changes at this point then Autos don’t like their roots bothered IIRCC

1 Like

@tinytuttle there about the same as your square ones ive seen you use so prolly right on size and that solo cup does grab my attention also with being autos I figured ride this cycle out hope for the best and make my tweaks going into next time. I’m thinking maybe organic pods put in these containers to root out to with no transplant next time or just straight to soil we’ll see

1 Like

Sounds good don’t be afraid to ask the the questions lots of knowledgeable peeps here !

1 Like

I transplant all of my autos during veg. Wont slow them. They’ll be fine. I’ve grown bunches of them.

1 Like

Well thanks guys I cut back all the droopy curls and soils a bit dryer and I’d say she’s looking a bit happier and perkier already

5 Likes

Hey buddy how’s it going? plants looking any better yet ? I like to stated just based on observation that your soil could use significantly more aeration in it also noticed environment conditions On the humidity are quite low try to boost that up to the mid to upper 60’s your VPD is way to high which more than likely could be cause if some growth issues and or be disguised as nutrient issues your plant will breath better when your in that sweet spot

Wet towel hanging tray of Wet hydroton Will boost your HUM significantly!

3 Likes

Your first person to send me down the VPD rabbit hole so got some reading to do there tonight. I started another thread when added 3 new seedlings to this box at day 30. So my hummidity has gotten a little better sitting more around 35 now that bottom feeding them.
First time start to... Hopefully finish!.
Think I did that right to get you to other thread. Lol since this post my one is doing good. Got hairs coming in every where. Even got to do a little LST with it. My other one definatly got stunted along the way but still staying alive. Very forgiving plants these spotted limes are. I checked my lux around day 20 and realize right at there canopy it dropped in half. So I raised them up higher and sure enough that day at new height biggest stretch yet. Wanting to build a light for this box at some point in near future. I’ve been sort of messing around with them doing some trimming, LST, trying out some different organic nutes and seeing what they do and don’t like. Going use alot more LIFTA with my new three in there for them and expecting alot better outcome from them. Is to be expected thou learning as I go thou with a unlimited amount of knowledge at the clock of a finger helps. Once I’m off today thou I’ll upload another shot of them. Oh and when I switched to bottom feeding didn’t over water them got a little dry my first day back to work after couple weeks off so had one funky leaf. Can already tell thou the new batch is alot happier than these two where at this point!

3 Likes