Fleur du Mal Seeds

I will give it a try in a minute and let you know

thank you

1 Like

A few months ago, one of my in-laws says he bought some grow equipment and wanted to try his hand at the hobby, so I gave him some FDM C99 seeds…he grew this on his first growing attempt from the first female he found…so if you’re on the fence I’d say go ahead and buy 'em haha. He describes it as much like the C99 he used to get out in Colorado.

First bean, first try, pretty got-dang decent results I’d say. Shit, better than my first go at it. He may have had some consulting help from yours truly, but that’s all him. 600w HPS and hempy buckets.

23 Likes

and I just got out my Hempy Buckets

you can grow huge bud in them if they do not fall over :slight_smile:

nice bud!

Dequilo

6 Likes

Cinderella has always been such an easy to grow strain. Makes even a novice grower look like a boss.

13 Likes

So @ironlungs how’d the African Queen turn out?

AQ is our Durban x Cindy cross, and in its inaugural generation is a cross of the 20-year cut traded around the OG 1.0 and A77 groups of (Mel Frank’s Durban B x '99 C99) x our original '98 release C99. Call it an F2 bx if you want. The overall result is a stable, early finishing, short stature Cindy-looking strain with a strong, clear head, lower myrcene, and an orange spice terp profile that is less sweet than C99. Further gen’s will probably work toward bringing out more of the African qualities, but this is a good base to work from.

-b420

14 Likes

Just ordered these and cant wait to receive em :blush:

2 Likes

me too :slight_smile: they will be here today

2 Likes

That C99 above is a beauty. I’ve never grown it before this last run and it was 2 fems from a friend. I managed to screw them royally and the stayed tiny runts and dot seeded a bit. So, I gotta try again. I’m bummed. heh. It’s from Joey Weed. Man, I have to take a look at your seeds @Baudelaire, that sure sounds like a nice C99. Thanks, peace

4 Likes

He saved a cutting, I can’t wait to try my hand at her. I think I can really make her shine.

4 Likes

We’re having a technical issue updating our stock numbers for C99 on our website. Still plenty in stock at FDMseeds.com and Cannapot.com. Just email us if you want to order the '99, we’ll make sure that is what you get. peace -b420

7 Likes

Man 20201214_152715-400x500 of your Word :boom:

11 Likes

@sin-de-re-la Nice !!! :slight_smile: I bought 3 each of their breeders mix and with 30% off

it was like a no brainier

I am going to be weeding thru them outside this season hopefully there

is Diamonds in there as there should be

and have 5 of the G13 x C99 which should be the bomb

all the best and enjoy your beans

Dequilo

6 Likes

Anyone know what his esb is like…or is it es…what’s the smell, and stature of them.

Makes me wish I didnt mess up my whole C99 pack by keeping the seedlings too humid and damped them off

2 Likes

ESB is a beautiful heirloom mixed sativa bred by Oldtimer, of Oldtimer’s Haze fame. Can get big outside, but manageable indoors. Smells of spicy sandlewood and anise, with a sweetness and orange rind backnotes. Great up daytime high. The kind of bud you want to roll up and smoke on a nice hike, or for a night out with friends for music. peace -b420

12 Likes

@Baudelaire Good evening I bought three of each of your C99 and Durban mixes

thank again

a question how old are the seeds in these mixes? just want to do what is needed to pop them

successfully

all the best and a great evening

Dequilo

1 Like

I haven’t recieved a response neither as I had sent FDM an update with pics on my germ rates. I bought 4 packs of C99 and recieved 4 - 12pks and 2 5pk of freebies.
At the same time i germed C.S.I. Humboldt’s feminized Durban and some Mr.Nice/Shantibaba bred Mango Haze inbred seeds circa 2012 won recently at auction on MrNice’s website. I was also told by Mr Nice staff that the seeds coming into the U.S. are subject to the radiant scans… I do still have alot of faith in the FDM C99 that made it but overall I’m for sure disappointed in the germ rates when you compare them especially to the 8yr old 2012 inbred Mango Haze’s✌

Results:
FDM C99 30 of 48
FDM DTHxC99 3 of 5
FDM DrbXC99 2 of 5

C.S.I. Durban 14 of 14
2012 MHaze 16 of 20

3 Likes

All of our seed lots are tested annually for germination and 5-day seedling survival, using the same simple soil germination instructions which we send with every seed order. Any lot that fails to meet a +90% success rate is pulled from the stock. Truth is, in 20 years, we’ve only had a handful of lots fail to meet the mark, out of literally dozens tested.

Cannabis seed, properly stored in dry, dark, cold temperatures, remains viable for a very long time. We still regularly germinate seed lots from the early 2000s with +80% viability.

All of the seeds sold by FDM in the past 12 months are less than two years old. The C99 is from a seed lot that is less than a year old.

That said, we cannot guarantee that every grower will experience 100% success germinating every one of our seeds. So much is up to the individual grower. @dequilo and @sin-de-re-la, I believe I’ve replied privately to both of you (with respect to the privacy I maintain with all our customers), and in one case sent several dozen from a private seed mix as a make-good gesture. But the fact that you are getting such poor results across every variety you’ve planted, including non-FDM varieties, suggests it’s technique and/or environment issues that need addressing.

peace -b420

9 Likes

I have not even dropped as of yet it is cold here another 90 days :slight_smile:

asking only to know what I am needed to do, sound like nothing but plant them

thank for the insight

all the best and enjoy the day

Dequilo

4 Likes

Cold soil is a common issue in the winter. Even a simple concrete floor or metal shelving can drop soil temps well below ambient air temps, and interfere with germination. Even moderate “room temperature” environments can slow sprouting and invite pathogens to flourish, leading to damp-off and mold attacking the germ plasm in the shell.

We promote and use a simple soil germination technique that is tried and true. There are no secret tricks, but it surprises us how few growers use the method. Here is what we send with every order:

To get the best results, we advise you to germinate the seeds according to our standard procedure, with which we consistently obtain germination rates of ± 95% for all varieties:

• use a room with a stable temperature of 25-30 degrees Celsius or 77-87 degrees Fahrenheit.

• use a light potting soil with a pH-value of ± 7.0.

• the soil should be moist, not too dry or too wet. To test, squeeze a golf-ball sized amount of soil tightly in your palm. If only a very small amount of water trickles between your fingers, it is perfectly moist.

• sow the seeds about 5 mm deep in an opaque container holding not more than 12 oz. or 330 ml of light potting soil by volume. If the environment is dry, you may use a clear humidity dome to retain moisture.

• after sowing press the soil very lightly, this stimulates even sprouting.

• spray the soil lightly with water.

• keep soil moist but not saturated.

• after 2-8 days the seeds will have sprouted and broken the soil. Most seeds will sprout in 3-6 days. Once more than 70% have germinated, remove the humidity dome if used.

• sprinkle the soil regularly with water, wait till the upper layer has dried out, and sprinkle again with water. Do not fertilize until the first true leaves appear.

• after 2-3 weeks the seedlings will be strong enough to transplant to a larger container.

peace -b420

7 Likes