Fleur du Mal Seeds

Fleur du Mal is based stateside, with a European distributor in the UK.

Howard your Sweet Tooth looks terrific. Good to see a fellow preservationist keeping this heirloom going. -b420

12 Likes

I was wondering more about Janis. What is some of the stronger and lighter smells and flavors from this strain? Also, could you tell me more about the high type. I was wondering how the head high and flavor is compared to your ESB?

Thank you

3 Likes

Janis is a balanced indica/sativa hybrid that combines the sweetness and pine notes of Silver Pearl with the berry notes of Blue Widow. Potency comes from both sides, the NL#5 in the Pearl and the White Widow in the BW. The high is balanced as well, strong but not couch-lock, up but with good body.

ESB is a mostly sativa cross of a Nigerian Skunk with original Blueberry. Delicious fruity daytime or concert weed, up but not edgy. It’s a fine sativa-leaning hybrid the likes of which are far and few between these days. Peace -b420

12 Likes

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I appreciate it very much! I was asking because I’m interested in Silver Pearl crosses. It was said the silver Pearl clone that won the cup many years ago had some sweet chocolate notes, and I was wondering if you ever caught anything like that coming off of your hybrid Janis.

While, at your website I noticed ESB. The pedigree looked very interesting. I started to wonder which one was the more longer lasting euphoric/happier high type. It also looks like ESB might be easier to trim also, and that makes me happy…

Thanks again

4 Likes

Chocolate and coffee notes can definitely be found in some of the Janis phenos. You just have to look for them. Take clones and takes notes, you’ll find them.

ESB definitely has the more energetic, up head of the two, being more sativa. It does very good in ScrOG/ net-trained grows, or outside if you can go to end of October. Reminds me of the old “pine bud” skunks we first got out of California in the early 80s. Wiry, almost braided bud structures running up long 2-3 inch diameter buds. Very good mold resistance, again owing to the sativa dominance.

-b420

10 Likes

Great news! Thanks again for your input.

4 Likes

Quick service, got seeds 4 days after ordering. finally found some C99 for next grow!

22 Likes

Just found this a ordered some last night!!! Thank you @Baudelaire

5 Likes

Jeez I need to get up on his Cindy and princess

1 Like

Fresh runs of Cindy/Princess 88 and Durban-Thai Highflyer (DTC99) in the house as well. And a new addition, African Queen (Durban x C99).

Peace -b420

13 Likes

That african queen is beautiful, it must be quite a brain tingler lol. P88 is very enticing as well!

How’s the yield from the p88? It looks big and quite dense…

3 Likes

The Princess 88 is hashier and gassier than C99. Owing to the higher percentage of the father (Master Kush) that Soul originally used in the backcrossing I suspect. I really enjoy the difference from my long-time daily go-to C99. Yields and maturity periods are about the same as with C99. That is, very good. If you are used to OGs, Cindy yields will blow you away. -b420

25 Likes

Wow, I just found this thread. It’s really nice to see you working the strains you are. I’ve always wondered about the Sweet Tooth since it’s an so many strains. I’ve still never smoked C99 or any of the others. I have a few Joey Weed fem a friend made and was about to try one again. A chicken plucked my one month old outdoor C99 out of the ground so I gotta try again. heh… ESB looks great as well. When I get a chance to buy again, I want to keep you in mind. I really like the focus you stay on. Awesome looking yields in the pics I’m seeing, too! Nice job bro. I’m in the thread now. peace

7 Likes

@Baudelaire thank you for the building blocks! Super happy guy about this here! Hope we chat more in the future. To anyone wondering. This right here is the bees knees. :honeybee:

22 Likes

Just half way through flowering African Queen and a Durban x ? (freebie). AQ is in larger pot and is spreading out cola wise and was extremely trichome covered from the start and still thickening up, very original floral scents, can’t put my finger on it, not skunky in anyway. Something in the smell reminds me of Afghan hash even though it’s of African origin, so this may be an excellent choice for hash.

The Durban x ? is in half the size pot and fattened up quicker, piney kind of scents, excellent structure and tight internodal spacing.

They both smell ‘oldschool’ like going down memory lane.

Also found a male from a c99 x ? so collected pollen and brushed a few branches so seeds are also being produced.

Never grown Fleur Du Mal ever before, only read others’ reports online, this is very good genetics and definitely not overhyped. If you want something different from the smelly, silly names of the street weeds I would recommend these.

I’m surprised I can’t find any grow reports of the African Queen anywhere and is another reason I am posting today, I’m not the best at reports but I made an attempt.

I will get back with a final report and better pictures when the time is right, thanks for reading, and @Baudelaire thanks for the work and preservation gone into these.

First 2 are AQ and 3rd is Durban x ?

21 Likes

FDM now at Cannapot

Just a heads up for all our customers and fellow OGers in Europe - Fleur du Mal is now available at Cannapot.com. The Vienna-based seedbank is one of the largest in Europe, and will be carrying the complete FDM line of original and heirloom cannabis strains at the same prices available at our home site FDMSeeds.com.

9 Likes

Cyber Monday 30% Off $100+

Use the code CYBER30 to save 30% on orders over $100 at FDMseeds.com til noon tomorrow. Free shipping as well.

6 Likes

@Baudelaire Nice :slight_smile: I just bought your work off

Strainly

thanks for the code I will buy a couple of more things

all the best

Dequilo

3 Likes

This voucher has expired

sadly no working for me :frowning:

1 Like

Apologies, please try again, it is fixed now. -b420

5 Likes