Fleur du Mal Seeds

I am also interested to know some of the different Cinderella type offerings as I saw via one of the seed banks that sell your seeds that they had two different C99 offerings from you. One was named ”Cinderella 99 Regular Seeds” and the other was named ”Cinderella 99 F4 (2021) regular seeds”. What is the difference between these two C99 offerings?

Thanks

@Baudelaire

2 Likes

On C99 - sounds like the vendor you refer to still has some of the F3 generation around. C99 was very stable at F3. We used the F4 more to select for the pineapple pheno. You’ll find a few more Princess 88 phenos in the F3 generation, but even there it will be something like a 10 -12:1 ratio of 99 and 88 types. We brought out the F4 generation almost exactly a year ago now.

Indiana Bubblegum - The cut of Bubblegum we used was native to the US, dating back to 1991, and not sourced from Dutch genetics, i.e., THSeeds, Serious, Sagarmatha, Sensi or any of the other probably dozens of Dutch seed houses that sold a version of Dutch Bubblegum from the mid-90s on. It could very well be the same cut, or it could be a different cut, than the Dutch breeders used. As far as I know, they have not said how or where they sourced their Bubblegum, only that they all got it and traded and worked with it at about the same time, and in the case of Adam and Tony, worked on it together before going their separate ways.

Clearly, the Dutch breeders added indica to the seedlines of Bubblegum they ended up releasing, probably NL#5, the belle of the ball for Dutch breeders in the mid-90s. The main visible differences between the cut and the Dutch seedlines that I’ve observed are broader, darker green leaflets, stockier growth habit, larger seed calyxes, all the classic traits of indicas. The Indiana BG '91 cut shares many of the overall characteristics of the better Dutch releases (early versions of THS and Serious IMO), just less “afghanied” - lighter green leaves, narrower leaflets, touch more stretch, more fruity sweetness, less acrid notes, and - importantly but too little commented on - much better mold and pest resistance than its indica-heavy grandchildren.

The “Bazooka Joe” is already out in our bx2 generation. We are simply selecting and refining a bx3 release, date TBD at this moment. The bx2 is excellent, tremendous vigor, beautiful form, very uniform, chunky sticky icky and very bubblegummy. Often in breeding, it’s more important to not lose a strain’s best traits while seeking some improved trait, that is where we find ourselves with the Indiana Bubblegum at the moment.

peace -b420

25 Likes

Thanks @Baudelaire I bought the Princess 88, Bubblegum, Sweet Tooth, Janis and Durban Thai Highflier from them already and was thinking about those two different C99 offerings. The other one also says F4 sibling cross though that’s why I asked. I probably end up getting both, lol. Again thanks for the quick and comprehensive response, appreciated! Cheers

1 Like

Sounds like a duplicate listing then. Best to ask I guess. The F4 was released late September 2021.

5 Likes

Ok, will do, thanks

Two FDMs getting ready for flower soon, Cinderella 99 on the back right and Cindy Mix on the front right:

C99:

Cindy Mix:

20 Likes

Sure not a lot of difference between the 2 . Looking good whats the mix plants story?

2 Likes

Well, the C99 is obviously really inbred at this point, so that makes it a good starting point for F1 crosses. The original release from Brothers Grimm was a BX3, as I understand it, and then the FDM release is up to F4 now. Baudelaire sells mix packs of his stabilized heirlooms crossed up to other things for $1/seed if you get two of them, so I have all of them, because duh at that price. $100 for 100 seeds that are an absolute carnival funhouse of old school genetics yes please. I already grew out two ladies from the OG mix, which he thought were probably True OG x Janis (Silver Pearl x Blue Widow). Those came out very different phenos, I got a looser, bright lemon-limey one with a little basement funk, and a skunkier OGish one that was denser but less loud. This Cindy Mix one could be a couple different crosses:

"Description
With the Cinderella mix you’ll get a random selection comprising these and other Cinderella crosses:

ESB x C99
Durban Thai – Highflyer x C99
(Durban Thai-Highflyer x C99) x (ESB x Durban)
Princess 88 x C99
Sweet Tooth #4 x C99
(ESB x Durban) x C99
(Durban x C99) x Thaitannic
(Durban Thai-Highflyer x C99) x Thaitannic
C99 x Bubblegum"

11 Likes

Thank you so much for clearing up those muddy waters that one was driving me nuts.Much respect for your work @Baudelaire ,You laid that one out perfectly.

5 Likes

So, I guess this could be the P88 x C99, that would look really similar. Maybe they’ll differentiate more as they get older, I’ll see!

3 Likes

Yes siree Bob!

I grew out a 1 pack of Cindy Mix, and was more than satisfied.

Only had 1 weak sister out of 25 seeds (and apx 13 males,)

I heartily recommend this tremendous value.

12 Likes

Already got my order! Amazingly quick service especially compared to most seed cos. Got a sample of The Ortega mix too. @Baudelaire are these the same type of crosses as with the c99 mix? Thanks! Looking forward to adding Sweet Tooth to my next run.

17 Likes

We’ll be sending out the Ortega Mix as a “freebie” to those who order from our premium strain catalog with priority shipping and request it.

As with all the mixes, the exact makeup of crosses will change over time. But right now, the Ortega mix is about 50/50 straight Ortega x Ortega “Banana” male, and our Banana Sherbet (African Sherbet x Ortega “Banana” male) cross.

We’ve got high hopes for Banana Sherbet, the Ortega male we used just stinks of rotten banana, and the African Orange (Equilibrium Genetics, 2019) mother has the terp profile of an orange Creamsicle.

21 Likes

Any plans to sell the Ortega Mix with the banana?

2 Likes

We’ll add the Ortega Mix to our catalog once we complete our winterization and germination testing.

14 Likes

Two strapping males…mort.

One female. She becomes thirsty.

7 Likes

Be prepared to water that lady a lot, C99 has been one of the thirstiest, hungriest strains I’ve grown so far. Those giant fan leaves are looking real happy though!

4 Likes

Just happened to see this saying the same while browsing seeds on GLG:

3 Likes

Starting to see differences in the Cinderella vs Cindy Mix:

C99

Cinderella Mix:

15 Likes

Hi. So, “Ortega” is the variety that is supposed to be a strong, indica kush? @Dirt_Wizard sent me your way.

6 Likes