Fleur du Mal Seeds

Cinderella 99 around 34 days. What a pretty girl, already has a skunk fading with a lot of fruit showing up. Great job @Baudelaire!

19 Likes

Looking good @ryasco! Filling nicely.

-b420

1 Like

I love it! What a nice plant!

2 Likes

It is beast, well a feminine beast. :grin:

2 Likes

Well i think you would agree that, is EVEN BETTER!!!

2 Likes

Alright, I just got my Fleur du Mal Seeds last night. I ordered 25-pack Durban mix and 25-pack C99 mix.

Started 12 of the C99 25-pack mix last night soon as I got 'em.

So first off, I want to say a huge thank-you to Charles. I’m new to this website and strainly, and new to paypal and just a few online things in general, but Charles was very patient with me. From the day I messaged him saying, “I want these” to the day I finally got it organized to pay him was like a week or so. And I had a bunch of questions on how to send payments and whatever and he helped me out, so I appreciate that.

Okay, then there’s the price. 50 seeds for $50 (+$15 shipping) is just like an absolute godsend. Thank you so much for providing these. I think these are really great seeds and I’m expecting high germination rates (I will post very detailed grow journals), as well as vigorous growth and some nice keepers. Honestly, this is what middle of the road cannabis seeds should cost post-prohibition. But the deal is insane when you consider the fact that these are some very desirable, well worked and well cared for (and personally appreciated) genetics, and the fact that we’re still living in a world where seeds require stealth shipping+have risk of confiscation.

Anyway. Onto how the seeds looked. First the Durban mix! Holy moly are they looking nice. all 25 arrived in perfect pristine condition and they’re all very dark with many thin black stripes and speckles. Small seeds, I’m fairly sure because of shared Durban gentics. But sincere question: I have also read that unstable hybrids may produce seeds of different sizes and I wondered: is there any truth to this claim, and is there something like that going on here, to make the seeds affordable? Like, do you sort the seeds by quality, and sell the larger ones as singles/packs and mix the smaller ones of similar lineage together? Just a total guess, but I wondered. (I mean no disrespect. It would be something I would do if I were a breeder with many seeds: I would hand select the finest seeds for my customers to improve germination results so I could ensure my reputation is consistent, but then with all those smaller not-so-primo seeds, I would bundle together and offer at a good deal to new growers. And so I was thinking like, “Oh hey, is that what’s goin’ on here?”

But I’m fine if it is. Because I know what matters is not the size of the seed. Well, I mean that can matter as an indicator of maturity to avoid under or over-ripened of seeds, but my point is that the genetic material is there. You have given me 50 tickets to a sold out concert. Not every seat is stellar, but most are awesome and I get to choose exactly which one I want. And with clones, it lets me see the show over and over again from any of the best seats in the house. (Best moms/keepers from the seeds.)

Anyway, I’m tremendously grateful. This is such a great thing. I wish more breeders would make affordable quasi-bulk orders like this. I am going to sit down and see if I can make it work, but these seeds are so affordable, I’m starting to consider building another veg room and ordering as many as I can get from you and have a proper hunt for some good moms, like popping 150+ seeds.

10 Likes

FWIW seeds from different strains will vary in size, usually sativa strains are smaller and indica larger. given the parent strains I doubt you will need 150 to find a good one

7 Likes

@Herbie germinated like 18 seeds from Mr. B and they all produced super buds! YOu are gonna be very happy. GUARANTEED! @Zinko!

3 Likes

She is a thick one! Cinderella 99 at 7 weeks.

25 Likes

@Zinko, I think a lot of Overgrow members including myself owe a big thanks to Charles AKA Mr B. _@Baudelaire _ Please keep up the great work good Sir :wink:

:+1::clap::clap::clap::sunglasses:

7 Likes

good looking sativa for 7 weeks!

2 Likes

In the Durban mix there are three crosses. That would most likely be why your seeds are different sizes.

California Orange x Durban
(Durban Thai-High Flyer x C99) x Durban
(Durban Thai-High Flyer x C99) x (ESB x Durban)

3 Likes

@Zinko thank you for the good wishes, and best of luck with your coming adventure with the mixes. I think it was Breeder Steve who used to call his mix the “Adventure Mix”, because that is exactly what awaits the grower.

As for seed size, shape, color etc. I understand why seed buyers are focused on the look and size of their seeds - at the time of purchase, it’s really all the information they have about their purchase, other than the breeder’s information - which too often is more marketing BS than anything else.

But as a breeder and grower, I can tell you that size, shape and color cannot tell you definitively whether the seed will germinate and grow into a strong, healthy young plant. And that is all a seed ever needs to do. The rest is genetics and grower skill.

@Muleskinner and @Pjhunt78 are right. Different strains have different sized seeds, to begin with. Sativas and sativa-dominant hybrids tend to have smaller seeds than indicas and indica-dom hybrids. But not always. In particular with the Cindy and Durban mixes, the Durban-Thai Highflyer crosses have small seeds, I believe due to the Thai influences, as the tropical sativas tend to have the smallest calyxes (i.e. seed pods) in order to survive in their humid environments.

Color, and mottling, is generally related to seed maturation before harvest. So, darker is generally better for ensuring the seeds will be viable. However, seeds mature (become viable for germination) long before they turn dark brown, so it’s more of an indicator than an absolute. Any plant that was pollinated on a certain day will contain seeds at harvest that range from dark to light and everything in between.

The real test of seed viability is, well, testing. Every FDM line that is offered is germination tested before being offered, and once a year thereafter. When germination falls below 90%, the lot is pulled from sale. (None ever have, and I am still testing lots from 2002.)

Seeds are natural products, and a percentage of every seed lot are duds - non-viable seeds that are not fertile or mature. We select each seed by hand that goes into a lot released for sale. Then, before it is packaged, each seed is given a good squeeze between the thumb and forefinger. If it crushes, it is rejected. With these procedures, we are able to more or less ensure that the viability of the seeds that reach you.

Ultimately the proof of how good your seeds are is in the growing. So get growing man!

-b420

15 Likes

Here is some more Fleur Du Mal Cinderella 99 at roughly 56 days.

21 Likes

Amazing plant man, what´s the height?

2 Likes

I haven’t measured but at least 4 ft.

1 Like

We are getting closer to the drop i believe… Sweet Tooth by FDM is coming… Right @Baudelaire!?

Just this morning I found a quote by the poet @Baudelaire in an old piece of literature. Awesome!

This marvelous experience often occurs as if it were the effect of a superior and invisible power acting on the person from without… This delightful and singular state…gives no advance warning. It is as unexpected as a ghost, an intermittent haunting from which we must draw, if we are wise, the certainty of a better existence. This acuteness of thought, this enthusiasm of the senses and the spirit must have appeared to man through the ages as the first blessing.

Les Paradis Artificiels
Charles Baudelaire

Seemed fitting to repost here. Cheers

5 Likes

@Baudelaire is an old motha hubba!

5 Likes

Ooohh your brains are showing!

1 Like