Fleur du Mal Seeds

He experimented with drugs such as hashish and opium. He fell in love with Jeanne Duval, who inspired the “Black Venus” section of Les Fleurs du mal. By 1844, he had spent nearly half of his inheritance. His family won a court order that appointed a lawyer to manage Baudelaire’s fortune and pay him a small “allowance” for the rest of his life.

2 Likes

That c99 vintage has got my attention! Great packaging too.

1 Like

I think he spent some time in Belgium too @ryasco :joy:

1 Like

Truly admirable in his profligacy…

Sweet Tooth revival project is coming along nicely. After consulting with Steve of SOL on strategies to improve the line, I’m splitting the line into to sibling lines, back-crossed to its original parents, Blueberry and Sweet Pink Grapefruit. Once those lines are established, they will be crossed into the original ST#4 and to each other. With any luck, we’ll have a Blueberry-leaning line and a SPG-leaning line, and an improved original ST#4 line that is re-invigorated and true to the the original SOL release that so many loved.

Look for a drop early spring '18.

-b440

16 Likes

Sounds exciting and thanks for keeping us informed. :grin:

1 Like

You know i am waiting bro! WOOHOO! Sounds terrific man!

Hmmm very interesting! I can say that one of the best strains have ever grown was sweet tooth. Actually it is the plant that is my avatar picture. I will definitely have to get some of these when they come out.

2 Likes

You need to get in line buddy! LOL

I’m sure there will be plenty for all…

2 Likes

Cant wait to grow both the swt and the spg lines…
Ds

1 Like

how can i get some Original 1998-vintage C99 bx beans please help ?

1 Like

Hit the top of the thread for the email link. Cheers

I’m very excited about these lines as well. The Blueberry mom is a beauty, an f2 selection from DJ Short’s original Blueberry release in 1996. DJ has spent years trying to recreate it after at least one of the parents was lost. The Sweet Pink Grapefruit is from the same British Colombia cut Steve used to create Sweet Tooth and later brought to Switzerland by him.

@Viva_Mexico - since you seem to have a lot of experience with Sweet Tooth, what phenotypes did you prefer? What characteristics did you like most about the strain?

-b420

6 Likes

I was able to get clones in Houston back than and the grower there had moms of Sweet Tooth. I received around 200 cuts from the same Mom to start the green house. I was only able to get the 1 cut, so, unfortunately I didn’t have the opportunity to compare it to other phenos, only other strains. Characteristics; if I could only say one word hybrid vigor would be it. :grin: Think suitcase,bus, border, 18 hours on a bus, didn’t die. Pretty fucking tough just starting out.

Ok, so,

I had 43 strains plus the corresponding phenos of the strains. I treat phenos like different strains. so, if I had 43 strains with 3 phenos each, I had approx 120 phenostrains plus the sweet tooth. I found the s.t to be easy to grow, clone and flower. I can assure everyone that on a large scale, something like ease of rooting is very important. I did kind of like a pyramid type program for selecting plants by round, meaning I was going to have like 3 rounds of selecting to determine my “winning strains” to stay in rotation. Besides obvious factors, cloning and ease of cloning is one of the first obstacles in passing to the next round. Out of the losers I only remember L.A confidential from DNA seeds as one of the first on not making round two. (Actually, the whole $1500Euros on seeds I spent in their shop in Ams went in the garbage.) So, besides being easy to grow and clone, I found out that my greenhouse was in a fog zone during a certain time of the year. Fog, plus flowering mj can equal a fucking nightmare if you are not on the ball. I had no issues with p.m or bud rot with the s.t. If I remember correctly 120g per plant was around average. The main cola always would put a smile on anyone’s face. I unfortunately don’t remember the specific smell of the flowers, only the hash. (I buried a lifetime supply actually, but, it was not completely dry and started to grow mold) The hash I can only describe as that mj hash smell I remember from when I was young.

In conclusion, out of all the phenostrains I had, the sweet tooth was not the strongest, or biggest yielder, but It was the best all around plant from everything.

7 Likes

A pretty little lower bud all jeweled up.

18 Likes

Happy to announce the launch of the Fleur du Mal Seeds website: FDMSeeds.com.

This will be the place to go for info and ordering of FDM strains going forward. Orders will still be processed discreetly and shipped with stealth, with the same payment options as in the past. It will also be the place to sign up for alerts and announcements about new drops and sales.

Of course, feel free to continue to use this thread for questions, reviews, and concerns.

Thanks everyone! -b420

12 Likes

Nice site! Once i free up some room i will be hitting you up.

2 Likes

Best wishes, nice to know we can order right thru there… Cheers!

1 Like

I’ll be getting some C99 and Generals Daughter next time I order seeds. I dig the site, simple, fast, and elegant.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who ordered the Durban Thai Highflyer X C99?

4 Likes

You’re not the only one that has thought about it. :grin: It is a bit scary for us who are used to Indica’s.

3 Likes