Foreigner Goes Legal

Should be fine in a cool dark spot . Long term a freezer is a guarantee it’s going to stay fresh.

2 Likes

I forget if you’re in Canada or not, but I just went to Super Store and got 12 1L wide mouth mason jars for $10.99, same price at Canadian Tire.
Looked on Amazon last night, same jars $41 and change…lol

1 Like

Storage in anything over 60F will increase THC degradation to CBN more quickly, but if you like couch lock, that should not be a problem.

I switched to gamma seals for curing and so far i’m loving opening 1x lid and giving it a shake versus popping 11x jars

3 Likes

I recently found out about gamma lids and I have them on my to buy list. I am going to make an order for 10+ when I do. Makes it easy to get cheap 5 gal buckets or 2 gals to store tons of weed. I used buckets last time with the regular lids which work but are annoying if you have to constantly open them because they almost have to be pried open.

2 Likes

I am in Canada and it’s a little foible if mine but I really dislike the standard mason jars. I’ve got a bunch of 2L pop tops with the lever and that’s my preferred method.

Sounds good to me! I press my hash to do this on purpose.

I think these looks really cool but when I cure I don’t open the jars until they are ready to use. I make sure the humidity is around 60% and seal until I’m ready to use.

Thanks for the input guys!

4 Likes

I god 214g dried from my 2x UK Cheese… so 1x lid and a popcorn shake makes me not regret my efforts success! My gelato last year was such a chose to cure and i won’t got through that again.

Also, you are right with flip-tops being so much more convienient!

2 Likes

My electric bills sitting around $300/month, $220 of that’s just the grow room :grimacing: bout $50 on nutes so about $700-800/grow :sweat_smile: closer to 800 if I’m buying seeds.

2 Likes

It really does sound like a huge time saver. Do you plan to store it in the bucket or is it just a curing/burping device?

1 Like

I’m going to have to do my math again once I’ve got the recent harvest into jars.

I’m shutting down for a bit but I’ve been going for 16 months so I want a final tally of cost including amortization of my gear.

I think I’m going to be happy but I’d like to see the numbers :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Bucket for curing, then mason jars for storage :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m an amateur trying to do it big :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So it’s auto time.

I’ve made some mistakes and didn’t have an adequate fertilizer schedule and so they look like shit:

I think they are back on track but it was ugly there for awhile.

I also had to make some selections and purple kush isn’t going to make the cut. It has already started to flower and if I kept it would just end up as a little nug on a stick:
@Grease_Monkey

I was going to uppot today but don’t think I’ll get there so more likely tomorrow.

I hope they turn the corner. I haven’t been treating them very well.

All the best

5 Likes

Lmao that purple kush is pathetic. I think im going to feed the rest to the birds

3 Likes

It’s kind of adorable. Not even slightly practical or productive but it puts a smile on my face. I bet it would yield a gram for 3 months effort.

3 Likes

Lol stick her in a window sill and see what you get.

I grew a plant as a kid, biking 10 km 1 way into the woods and ended up with a solid 1.5 grams for my effort

5 Likes

So the autos have made their final move outside into 1 gallon pots. They have trays underneath them so I can overwater and have a little reservoir in the heat of summer.

As I mentioned before they have been mistreated. They still look like shit but look a little better in sunlight.

My hopes are low but my jars are full so I’m not overly concerned. I just like to win that’s all.

My balcony gets full sun all day so I can’t give them a hardening off period.

Trial by fire!

If they survive the next two weeks all should be good.

Cheers

9 Likes

I too have used this product for several years now in combination with dry organic fertilizers & I love it. It’s easy to use & it just gets better the more it’s dialed in.

3 Likes

I was thinking I never roll joints so when Mrs Foreigner asked me to roll her a joint I said sure.

I was all proud of my handiwork because I never roll joints and she ruined it by telling me I roll her joints all the time.

There was a point in my life when I rolled 10 of these a day and now I never do.

All the best

4 Likes

So it’s shaping up to be a weird day.

I put my autos outside yesterday and everything looked fine but I woke up to this:

It’s been ripped right off the stem. The wound was still wet.

I’m less upset and more confused. What could have done this? I live in an apt so there’s no squirrels or voles or shrews or anything.

It must have either been the wind or a bird.

My vote is on the bird. But crazy stuff. Who would’ve guessed - it’s not dead - it’s just gone.

The good news is that the other ones look much better than they have been but their sister is dead.

I’m scratching my head :thinking:

All the best

4 Likes