Fort Bragg Funky, Skunky 80s Baby

Pretty plants! Very happy to see some of these grown out. I’ve long suspected that there will be some magic in this generation. I remember the grower telling me that 1 of the plants made his eyes water when he got near to it. Fingers crossed for some eye watering skunky goodness!

4 Likes

@upstate , yes , so far from what little I’ve seen there is definitely magic here for sure check this out, I’ve been eyeing this one let’s call it “bright boy” for now :slight_smile: I think is male (I think it’s still a little early to know for sure, 1-2 more days) and if he’s male and it’s starting to look like it , :slight_smile: I’m excited about him and his color he’s this brilliant kinda lime green, I just got this feeling he’s going to be killer!

New group photo :slight_smile: , I kinda moved em around a little bit , bright boy is bottom right

oh and they are just starting to show sex :slight_smile: well maybe not lime but not dark green and good node spacing and lateral branching

7 Likes

Is keep track of that dark plant…just because its different. It may be more Indica leaning. I think it’s going to be a smeller.:smirk:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, there’s a couple of them for sure it’s got this like "double serration that looks like a saw blade and if I remember correctly it’s a purple stem not red full on purple like grimmice from McDonald’s :slight_smile: lol but yeah bright boy is just my favorite so far lol @Upstate

2 Likes

This one is another one I’m watching it’s got the double serration and I also seen a triple serration and it’s got the same leaf tip structure as bright boy , I believe it’s BLeaf leaning and it’s green stem, the one @upstate referenced is purp stem idk it seems like a good mix, still to early to tell though :slight_smile: I’m really digging these plants I’ve been kinda babying them but they take it and ask for more everytime, it’s like they are screaming “Feed me Seymour, feed me” Lol

Oh yeah , @Upstate , is there any correlation between flowering time and sexual maturity/ time it takes to preflower? Just wondering , the dark one is female and bright boy is male , a female to his left but the one to the left of we can call her blue girl :slight_smile: sex is still unknown

10 Likes

Fort Bragg is a really nice town to hang out in. What’s the story on these seeds and genetics?

3 Likes

Allegedly , it’s hieme cheeba got them / came from him / created them I’m not really sure on that part but hieme cheeba 1981 fort Bragg roadkill skunk , I got these from @Kushking902 I believe as overflow , thanks again, btw :slight_smile: oh and he got them from @Upstate and @misterbee , can’t leave yall out , :slight_smile: thanks, for real :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, very cool. I also got some of these via the co-op. Thanks again @Kushking902.

I didn’t put it together that these were the same seeds. It will be interesting to see how these turn out for you.

4 Likes

That dark plant , blue girl , looks like it’s going to have that Christmas tree structure, :slight_smile: that’s nice , I almost started topping them and I was like well, let’s see what the natural structure is on these first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dog Eater Dan out of Albion might have some insight into FB RKS. Man wore pants made of road kill. Lived up the Albion River on a “houseboat”. Interesting world.

1 Like

Yeah I figured with a nickname like “Dirty Jim” something funky was going on :slight_smile: lol

1 Like

Wow :flushed:, it’s cold outside y’all ! Dang lol -5°F wind chill -28°F my moustache gets icicles in it , lol

1 Like

So this is what I did, :slight_smile: lol there’s nothing more dangerous than a desperate white boy, Broke Boy Tech, savy . hey it works, raised temp, should last at least 6hrs and I’ll refill it in the morning so we’ll get through it :slight_smile: oh, it’s a metal bucket full of hot coals, I put a small metal pan and some glass bottles as heat sinks

Time span: I smoked half a cigarette/so about 2 mins and I’m going to check on it in bout 20mins to just make sure lol

6 Likes

That thermometer has seen a few years.

1 Like

:slight_smile: lol yeah, a couple lol

1 Like

Update: so I took the little pan off the top, it started to snuff it out and I kinda sloped the coals so it could “breathe” better. Sucker is cookin now

1 Like

Oh, and a little science, it’s also a Co2 boost but you also got to be careful if it’s an enclosed space it also produces carbon monoxide but it also oxidizes into Co2 it just takes time … Well scratch that it takes UV , cool

I wish I had a little wood stove like marshall Dillion’s got

1 Like

@Heritagefarms some more mutations and they are both males I got one with the viper thing and bright boy has some mutated 13s

I’ve had some issues so they have been stressing but it’s my fault, chicken compost is waaay hot lol and pots I just got didn’t have enough holes in the bottom which created the perfect habitat for fungus gnats smh but I think I finally got it worked out :slight_smile: lol
Before

After

9 Likes

It’s been awhile since I posted on the thread so it’s update time, it’s been one thing after another I’ve had bag soil issues, cheap soil and expensive soil , both had a pH of 5 and some down to 3.5 and just for icing on the cake fungus gnats lol so they have had new soil 3 times so I had enough and cull 3 females and put them in my beds (I haven’t used a pot of in 6 years btw)
Once they hit my notill beds they greened up and started growing again smh lol and I’ve got some others doing same thing I’ll get the pH right they will green up and about 3 days to a week later the pH will drop and they will yellow at the top I will hit the with some potash and do it all over again I believe I’ve got it narrowed down to a compaction issue that in turn leads to fungus gnats, I think so I’m open to suggestions I’ve got the RKS happy in my beds but my others I’m going to repot them one more time I added about 15-20% sand to the mix of about 30% course perilite 40% pine bark fines/humus and 5% ewc 5% bokosi 10% expensive bag soil (which is a coco/ peat / perilite/ewc mix ) sohum
I’ll know in a week or two if I got it worked out I’m waiting on my pots to dry then I’m hitting them with a Neem oil soil drench for the gnats, it’s aggravating learning new bag soil but it’s gotta be done, I moved here from Mississippi and the store doesn’t carry the bag soil I’m used to (timberline and hapi gro) and the soil I’m learning is evergreen smh hopefully I got it figured lol I got spoiled in the in ground beds man those things are on autopilot :slight_smile: I forgot how unforgiving the pots are well one things for sure they have been stress tested lol

7 Likes

I’ve noticed your having a hell of a time with those dirt gnats.I’ve noticed a couple things and one thing I don’t see is any yellow sticky traps anywhere.Those little yellow traps are good at picking stragglers off and letting you know the traffic and the life stages of the fly’s so you can see and help pinpoint every going in your garden.A good product I’ve been using that wipes them out in about 30 days total it will halve numbers in 2 weeks and nuke them in two more use and an IPM.This is a concentrated form it’s ready in an instant liquid form one drop will treat 100 gallons.I put Two drops in a 5 gallon bucket of Water and let it sit for weeks and use as needed.I water in between feeds never with any teas with it and I haven’t seen a gnat in I can’t remember .If you use that neem oil with that feed and ph issue you got going on in that soil bed that neem is going to eat the living shit out of them that stuff likes to burn if your not careful yet alone stressed out plants trying to recover bad juujuu.I’ve moved away from Neem oil itself even though there’s hydrophobic neem in Safers end all it’s in a more stable form the Microbelift kills the gnats for anything else Safers end all.That stuff is the bane of aphids knocks that problem out too and anything else that’s wants to pull squatters rights on your plants.Hope this helps

7 Likes