Fort Bragg Funky, Skunky 80s Baby

I use this on my indoor not so much for my outdoor they don’t seem to bother my girls outside I have plenty of wee beasties outside to eat them so I have no need for it in my outdoor and I heard this stuff isn’t good for bees so I keep it away from my outside stuff

1 Like

Is that a type of BT?

Yes in concentrate liquid form.it is BTI it’s instant you don’t have to wait for the dunks to soak just hit it and quit it

3 Likes

Beautiful plants ya mosquito bits works well also bti and available most stores. I’d definitely say you have a green thumb but you sleeves seemed to be multicolored not just green lmao

2 Likes

Yeah well that maybe, but I’m honest enough to admit I’m not perfect and I’m humble enough to learn from my OG fam all that extra shit is exactly that , and it is funny lol :slight_smile: more like tie dyed sleeves lol ps it’s hard from a text to tell if someone is being a D or just being a funny wise guy :slight_smile: so like funny how ? Like funny haha or funny funny? Fkn wise guy lol

1 Like

Just funny ha ha. I was admiring your plants noticed your name and saw pics made me chuckle sovi thought ID share it and maybe someone else might smile.

1 Like

But also learn from my pain most/all of the time if you buy cheap bag soil you’ll get a Free Gift! Fungus Gnats ! With every purchase , to the point of I think from now on I’m going to Neem oil it before I ever plant in it , smh lol I’m also going to get some of that BTI also, I’m just broke at the moment so I made a Neem/ peppermint/ lemongrass oil Castile soap cocktail oh and to top it all off I got some kinda of mole/gopher thingy lol that’s how come the cocktail came about, I was iny grow room and I was looking at them and I noticed the one @upstate told me to keep an eye on “blue girl” was leaning like away from the light , I was like “hum? Interesting!?” So I went to straighten her back up and as I firmed the ground my hand fell into a void a whole damn cavern! Smh lol fckn Murphy’s law lol anyways so I was stressing like what in the hell am I going to do about this ? I was like lightbulb! So I mixed up 3gals 2 parts Neem 1 parts peppermint/lemon grass , I put that shit on everything :slight_smile: lol @420noob

1 Like

Sticky traps work…and so does sand. Use sand for mulch and goodbye fugus gnats. Half inch layer.
I

Making sure I’m reading that right. Getting tired of the aphids.

3 Likes

I was thinking that since I kept the pots really dry they would just go away I failed to realize that my walk way stayed damp and compacted so it was breeding them/ keeping the life cycle going smh lol so I will be putting some BT as a drench real soon which is an amazing idea :slight_smile: it won’t mess with the bees as a soil drench, awesome idea it would also work for root aphids , thanks @CapnCannabis for broadening my view of BT I would have never thought of a soil drench with it! Really good use of it thanks bro for real :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Upstate this was the only thing that killed all of them in my indoor grow.Took me 3 months to get them all but I haven’t seen one since little assholes.I took a cutting of Candy land the aphids love that one holy shit from a buddy and I was an idiot and I had so much going on I didn’t quarantine and let’s just say an ounce of prevention prevents a pound of cure.Watch the overspray drip try and shake off as much as possible it will burn your leaf tips while it sits there too long.If you have a bad infestation your going to have to spray like 2 times a day for like 3 days to get all the eggs shake them off good then cut back to what it says on the bottle.when your good to go do a monthly IPM spray just to seal the deal and keep they away they hate this stuff

3 Likes

I use bt on mushroom grows even totally harmless to them. @drgreensleeves lmao been there done that I’m surprised how much abuse these plants can take. I’ve had the dirt void had an auto completely fall over it did all right though. Anyways I started filling pots day before then soak down so dirt settles. It is a bit of a pain especially since give it 24 hrs to dry before transplant.

2 Likes

As upstate said just use sand, works everytime. I think it probably suffocated them.

2 Likes

I think so too. I think their tunnels collapse in on them.

1 Like

Man fungus gnats used to drive me crazy. Haven’t had them in years. Be sure to always let your soil dry real real good before watering. Excess water and humidity is ideal habitat for them. I think they def come in the bought soil though. I don’t remember them causing any real damage, more of an annoyance with them buzzing around. Hell throw some ladybugs in there to feast on the bastards lol.

1 Like

A bad infestation of fungus gnats during flowering can do awful damage from the pics I’ve seen but it had to be major infestation

1 Like

Yes but I’m still veggn because of the issues but once they fill out some I’ll flip them if you look at the new growth on them they recovered , see my grow room is indoor but it has an open floor my beds and center walk way is in the ground and when it’s been cold outside the base ground/walkway stays damp for like 5 months so they moved in with the bag soil for the pots I have 3+ breeding projects going so the gnats have been using my walk way for breeding grounds and feeding on my pots smh lol but I should have the cycle slowed down now I hit everything with a Neem peppermint and lemon grass cocktail lol and next week when I get paid I’ll get that BT just to finish them off

1 Like

See ps there’s some more pots back behind the romulan bx1 and white runtz x ssh on the left oh and there’s a blue dream back there too lol

4 Likes

Just an idea I’ve played with when I used fabric pots if you take one of these laundry bags thier fine nylon mesh Gnats can’t fit through them.If you cut the bottom off you can flip your fabric pot inside out and sew the laundry bag with a sewing machine or by hand to the fabric pot you now have a drawstring cover top for your fabric pot the little shit heads can’t get through top or bottom or sides it’s bullet proof now .pull the drawstring up right around the stalk you can reuse till that pot falls apart.Grassroots makes good reusable fabric pots.I just went back to old habits and went back to dollar store 20 gallon totes.

5 Likes

Nice you do have a nice breeding ground there.lmao can see how they could get out of control with all that ground area collecting moisture. Nice set up your couple projects seem to have nice sections to themselves. @CapnCannabis love the drawstring idea.

2 Likes

Update 2 doses of bT with a a double shot of LITFA and BAM! Everythings jumping lol and I’m running late this morning so I gotta go :slight_smile: lol

4 Likes