FoxFarm Ocean Forest Organic Soil

I had those mushrooms popping up this past year in some pots that had Happy Frog mixed in. Was not sure where they came from until I went to fill another pot and found the same mushrooms growing IN my leftover bag of HF.
If you can find it, you may want to give Mother Earth Ground Swell a try in place of the FFOF. I have had good luck after switching.

1 Like

What leads you to believe it is? Iā€™ve been curious about it for a while.

I get the 1.5cubic feet bag for roughly $20 after taxes where im at. Same bags are round $40 at grow shops. Kinda nuts.

1 Like

Itā€™s crazy and you still have to add nutes to the ocean forest
Thatā€™s why I stopped buying it can get 2 big bags of soil for $20

1 Like

Right On!!!

Ooh free myco!

3 Likes

I have been reusing mine. Donā€™t have a problem using old soil. Iā€™ll throw some micros in there some worm casting a little Bonemeal I donā€™t even take the roots out. I donā€™t have a problem reusing my soil. I got new bags in there now. I also have Coco I just havenā€™t made my mind up yet

3 Likes

Lately Iā€™ve been doing 50/50 old mixed with new since I have so much

1 Like

Well I started with happy frog and have had nice healthy grows, This time I did buy happy frog and noticed deep after opening the bag 2 liter the soil felt dry and not Impressed,

So I ordered the Ocean Forest and noticed right off the top this soil was moister and felt like a wa state 200 foot pine tree winter moss we use to camoflauge as hunters ā€¦ nice cold moist soilā€¦ with groovy mushroomā€¦

2 Likes

Happy Fog is the best for what I do. The soil holds water longer. It has a few stems in it. Other than that it is what it is. @anon98660487 said black gold I have used it. He uses it. I run boiling water in it. Sometimes here where I live they donā€™t take care of dirt. Like Home Depot just let it sit in the rain. Not good for it. Peace

1 Like

Iā€™ve only had good results with Happy Frog and that includes running plants with it with minimal feeding. Itā€™s the Ocean Forest thatā€™s hit or miss for me. One bag will be fantastic with zero issues and then the next will be plagued with at least ph issues. I had enough problems with one bag I decided I was done with it but I still had a big bag left to use up first. Everything has gone swimmingly with the ā€œlast bagā€ so far.

1 Like

I agree with ocean forest. I want get any more. @Slick1 itā€™s not the same as it was ten years ago. Add water only with younger plants.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true ocean forest
Use to be pretty good soil every time I used to always had little flys in the tent

1 Like

I always thought it was because of the seashells. Sometimes he would get a bag that would stink bad. It seems like mother earth was the same way.

Iā€™ve only used their happy frog and only once. Full of fungus gnats. I use roots now. Itā€™s pricey on Amazon but itā€™s some good ass dirt.

1 Like

If they let that dirt stay to wet or outside it happens.

1 Like

@EugeneDebs420 , if you like your dirt and donā€™t mind paying , buy some canna terra professional PLUS ( bag must say plus ) , the peat in it is chunks of fluffy white peat , very nice stuff , expensive but worth it , most others use black peat , cheap and nasty lol , buy a bag just to see : )

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually thinking of switching to coco and salts after I reset. Paying $30/bag of soil on Amazon is getting old. Wish there was a hydro store nearby but all weā€™ve got is lowes and finding anything in an outdoor garden center thatā€™s not full of gnats just doesnā€™t happen.

1 Like

You would like Mapito : ) buy once : )

The roots original is good shit though and if I could find it at a normal retail price Iā€™d definitely stick with it.

1 Like