Free Durban seeds (now closed), thanks to all for participating

I’m pretty sure the only postal workers that know our seeds are getting crushed are the 420 friendly postal workers. It is up to us to figure out a way. I like the way Heaven’s stairway used to send. Amazon carries the cardboard part, the Coin Flip protector. They always made it, plus, when you staple it together, there is a ramp on all 4 sides to gently raise the postal machine rollers. I’m just trying to figure out how/where to little ring HS put in there. I received a mailing like that and the person that mailed it used a hose washer to protect the seeds in the Flip. they were quite tiny seeds, though. Two of the seeds I gave away are large enough the hose washer wouldn’t be adequate protection, so, the search continues…

Just how is that safer? It’s basically a chatroom. Chatrooms don’t feel safe at all.

I am a bit surprised the cannabis industry hasn’t designed something for just that purpose, like a small saucer shaped container that is only 3/16" (about 5mm) total thickness, or a rectangular container, same thickness with wedge sides.

2 Likes

I was thinking something like that light weight aluminum washers maybe doubled up, thickness to be determined by how big the seeds are and taped with the seeds in the middle then placed in a coin protector cases !

1 Like

Mine go through regular letter-mail sorting/rollers without much (if any) loss. Try that method next-time C-50.

…my durban crosses arrived in-tact, for the record.
Thanks c-50 :+1:

7 Likes

Sorry the paranoia was kicking in pretty bad earlier.

1 Like

Your container method is VERY sturdy, brother @Scissor-Hanz. I started to send one that way, but the post office here pushes the letter envelope through this thickness gauge slot to determine if it will fit the rollers without damaging their precious machine. The containers you use won’t go through the slot, so it got turned down. You can send anything you want in a padded mailer because it doesn’t go through the postal machine, it gets hand sorted instead. The drawback to using a padded mailer is it is $3.50 to send even an empty padded mailer. I can live with that if necessary, but to send internationally, anything but a letter envelope needs a customs form filled out, which I prefer not to do.

Letter envelopes don’t need a customs form, so I am trying to find a container that will fit through the machine in a letter envelope. The USPS, not only gets more expensive each year, it gets more restrictive. The next one I try, I’ll mail to myself from another city and see how it goes.

Edit: added from here down.

No need to apologize, I understand paranoia!! I am pretty paranoid myself. I frequently just have to say “Fuck it” and do it anyway.

This is one of those times I wished I was still working. I was (am) a precision machinist and I’d just knock out a couple of hundred or so in a hard, not brittle, plastic, like nylon. Nylon is very tough and nearly indestructible, but I am not returning to work just for that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dang man!
$0.85cents here for up to 30 grams.

3 Likes

That’s what, about $0.71 cents USD? That is what it cost me to send in the continental US only.:disappointed:

1 Like

Got my beans today! The plastic flip top containers worked well, but 3 seeds seem to have not made the trip (1 seems salvageable). 3 cracked out of 50 is still a damn fine result. Thanks a million @Cobra50! In the future I will try to shoot you some Herijuana IBL seeds that we’re planning on making.

3 Likes

In Canada, you can just use two 0.85cent stamps to mail to USA. 3 stamps will get ya anywhere :grin:… Unless its going to Mexico or central/south America. Then you need a priest to bless it and a witch doctor to wave a fishbone over it first.

6 Likes

USPS International stamps are 1.15 USD per oz. with no customs forms.

4 Likes

You are unbelievably awesome, man!!!

4 Likes

Just hopped on this post and read the last few posts… so I thought maybe just maybe there might be something there for me! Sorted through all the bills and junk mailed and all of a sudden a big smile came across my face! Thanks again @Cobra50 for considering me in this give away!

Much appreciated!

7 Likes

now I have all of them sorted into individual labelled baggies, rolled up and in a pill bottle with desiccant awaiting more room so I can pop them :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks @Cobra50 for the shout out for possible seeds of tranquil elephantiser in a wee while…

And seriously bro don’t send me anymore as i have roughly half a dozen viable purple seeds and that’s fine with me…

Better Daze ahead bro ,

Gaz

3 Likes

any of you guys on the left coast? wondering if i should hold my horses… :horse: :mailbox_with_mail:

edit: b/c remember WA, OR, CA all legal now :wink: :v:

:evergreen_tree: from Mexico to Alaska’s legal now, right? :herb: :scroll:

2 Likes

Just got mine! Holy shit dude you are too kind. There’s so many seeds! I won’t have space to run any of these for a while but I am so stoked to try the purple x Durban. And I got some autos! Ooh it feels like Christmas!

5 Likes

Man I wasn’t expecting 2 of the Durban strains! Wow thanks @Cobra50. And @Fewding it does feel like Christmas, get the cookies and milk!

P.s nice packaging man easy access…

4 Likes

you guys all must be closer to the atlantic than the pacific

:ocean: :point_right:

:confused:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

LOL! I’m smack dab in the middle!

Yours will be there tomorrow @cannabissequoia! I FEEL GOOD JUJU coming your way!

6 Likes

lol same, smack dab in the middle just north of Texas

5 Likes