Ganja's Snake Farm

The Day-Glow Monkeys are gonna love me at band rehearsal tonight.

They think I import this stuff from Cali. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

21 Likes

Probably better than a lot of stuff that makes it outta Cali.

4 Likes

Grow Update

It’s been a couple weeks since an update. Last weekend was booked solid. I let my AK47s get dry while I was out of town and they suffered some leaf loss. They made it through OK and I started harvest by chopping and trimming 2 of them out last night. I will take 2 more tonight and the last 2 tomorrow.

My band was booked to play Yesterday (Saturday) and tomorrow (Memorial Day) but both gigs were cancelled due to all the rain we’re having. Tropical Storm Alberto is bringing us lots of rain starting this eve through tomorrow. The rained out gigs are actually a blessing since I was able to report to trim jail for 4 hours last night. I have about 8 more hours of trim jail this eve and tomorrow.

I seem to have a lot more stretch from the 9#HxSF clones than I did from the mothers from seed. Not sure why. They were vegged shorter and have fewer branches and I have fed them lighter than the mothers. Girl #3 clone has only been fed 1/2 strength and I even skipped feeding her 2 weeks ago and gave her straight water. She still started showing the same crispy leafes her mama did. I don’t think it was lockout from salts before, but maybe this is just a pH sensitive plant? This is the last cut to grow out so I’m not gonna study much.

My plants from the Kalgrae beans are doing well. They are starting to get some personality now. G3 smell like GoJo hand cleaner. G2 has a unique sweet smell I haven’t quite identified yet. Agent Bird Dog, my blind step-daughter has been out of town for a week. I depend on her to help identify the different smells in my weed. Being blind she has over-developed olfactory receptors. That girl could smell a gnat fart in a hurricane.

Here’s my next generation just began training on the veg table.

I will finally be getting a smoke report and grow debriefing up in the next day or so for the LED_Seeds test grow. Watch that thread for results.

Have a great weekend.

14 Likes

That’s hilarious… And also super fucking cool!

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Lot of good reading to catch up on.

I gotta get more organized. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for stopping by, Lab! Slummin’ are ya? :sunglasses:

I seem to be getting more stretch starting 12/12 than I am used to. Still learning the LED lights for flowering. I go from low intensity T8 floro tubes in veg to full spectrum LED starting flower. MY lights are 12-band spectrum with uva/uvb/IR and I have always kept both Veg and Flower spectrum on (Full spectrum). Would it lessen my stretching if I acclimated the plants by running just the Veg spectrum for the frirst couple of weeks of 12/12? Or if I started them with only the Flower spectrum? Input welcomed.

Here’s some grow pics just taken tonight. Check out the stretch on ole #7.

Here is the next generation.

Last but not least, the LAST AK47 chopped. This is the first time I haven’t had some of it growing in a few years.

Lots of exciting new flavors to try now. The 9#Hammer x Starfighter buds have really come into their own after a few weeks in the jars. This stuff rocks!

Bong time at the Snake Farm!

12 Likes

A few flowering update pictures. My veg table is crowding out waiting for these to come out of the tent. I will get 4 clones put into the tent in the next few days. A couuple of the 9#HxSF plants are almost ready. They’re mostly cloudy at 51 days flower. When they are chopped in about a week I will get the remaining 4 veggies in the tent and report to trim jail.

14 Likes

I was suspicious a few weeks ago but after harvesting this plant last night and reviewing last grows photos, I realize I got the #2 and #3 plants cuttings mixed up somewhere.

Girl #3 - The problem child. Even feeding at half strength and skipping feedings, it still presented the same crispy leaf issues as last round. I think it had even more male flowers pop out this time. Found a few fully mature seeds. It is NOT lockout from salts build up. My water is always pH’d to 6.3-6.7 (mostly 6.5) sometimes a bit off but not far. This problem starts showing first on branches nearer to the center of the light. The other plants start to show the same issue at about 7 weeks of flower. Always the branches that are more directly under the center of the light. Only #3 has the problem so bad that it is concerning, but that cut has been eliminated. LED light overdose? I feed CalMag each feeding at 1tsp/gal. Should I use more?

The next round was re-potted into 5gal fiber pots last night and put into the flower tent. I will have all plants on the other side harvested by the time these are stretching out and they will have more elbow room then.

9 Likes

Last nights chop. A very easy trim with only 2 hours trim jail. More like a time out.

13 Likes

I have two girls going, a critical kush, and a liberty haze. The critical likes 2.5 ml of cal/mag per gal of water. The liberty haze needs 7ml per gal or she gets crispy leaves and rust spots. I grow in coco and use ro water so I don’t know if this will be of any use though. :confused:

2 Likes

Thanks Seymour, I’m definitely going to up the dosage of CalMag. The two big girls left in my tent now are showing all the signs of calcium deficiency. They were both fed the recommended 5ml/gal.

Here’s last nights chop. The lanky Pine-Sol girl.

Next weeks harvest.

The next flower round growing fast.

The next generation of cutting just hit the veg table.

7 Likes

I thought I would have some harvest pics this weekend but these girls haven’t give up yet. They haven’t been fed in 3 weeks and keep making flower. G2 has started fox-tailing and gonna have some nappy dreadlocks, mon!

Trichs are about half clear on both plants still.

12 Likes

Full jars huh?

Why am I not surprised :evergreen_tree:

Lots of nice frosty plants!

4 Likes

The G3 looks slightly better but both look tasty, I hope some of these work outside

4 Likes

I got both, G2 and G3 harvested this week. I didn’t think they were ever going to finish up. G3 had just started showing some amber when chopped at 72 days 12/12. G2 was mostly cloudy but still showed no amber at day 75 and was still fox-tailing out new growth but had to come down.

They got very thirsty and limp when I was out of town last week. They lost some leaves but made through to the end just fine except for a couple of small spots of bud-rot on G2 that I found when trimming. I cut out all of the bad or even questionable areas and I hope the rest of the smoke is good. No signs of mold or critters, just dead grey flower matter.

Both smell like Gojo hand cleaner with G3 having a strong smell and G2 much milder.

Not the most graceful ending to a grow but the trimmed buds are looking and smelling really nice. That is the goal and I got a few zips of some different flavor in the house. Can’t wait for the smoke test.

Thank you @Kalgrae :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Nice looking finish @ganjajuana. Bud structure looks solid. Maybe “cookies” looking? Fat round traditional calyxes with some diesel traits tossed in. Weird huh?! Plant structure not so much the same as the #1 I had to abandon, which made golf ball sized buds and also smelled like raw meat. Wifey took it to the end, and I haven’t been able to report it yet. She likes it though. Looking forward to your opinion on them. Hope they put laughter in your soul.

Cheers
:scorpion:

5 Likes

What a nice declaration! “Put laughter in your soul and wings on your feet!” Jah!! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Thanks Kalgrae. I have laughter in my soul this morning from the brownie I had for breakfast. They make everything funny and I feel like I’m walking on a boat.

The G3 smell triggers childhood memories of my Pawpaw’s workshop. He always had the large can of Gojo hand cleaner on hand. A comfort smell, if you will. I can’t wait to see how it cures out.

5 Likes

@ganjajuana damn bro you are good! Keep up the awesome work. . .:+1::beers::unicorn::poop:

3 Likes

Thanks Hoodini. Welcome!

I’m just getting to the home stretch with this round flowering. The girls on the veg table are ready to go. I’m trying to slow their roll, but they’re hungry and ready to go.

13 Likes