šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡ŗ Gathering European Overgrowers

I didnt even realise there was a uk thread , i thought it was just this one lol.
I dont really do politics mate , they are all corrupt and nothongs done for the good of the people anyway so i jist leave them to it and look after myself and my family. Not worth the stress.

8 Likes

I also avoid politics, just was pulling your leg ejem|nullxnull, UK fellows will always be welcome wherever they go ā€¦ beer3|nullxnull

11 Likes

Some wise guy said sth like

You can fight in peace with words which is called politics or you can let others make politics in your name without words which is called war.

3 Likes

Check it out :pray:

4 Likes

I hate capitals :see_no_evil:, in the net they mean shoutingā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Europe Starts to drop pistils :green_heart:

Ultra Early Love (own NLD inbred)

14 Likes

Hi guys, great to see this European community forming!

I need a piece of advice and perhaps some of you may be able to help.

Iā€™ve been growing in my country (South-eastern Europe) for several years, in rented spots at thatā€¦ Iā€™m tired of being in the black market and Iā€™m looking to relocate somewhere else and get something more legit going.

I have this dream of being an apprentice of some of the legends - Ace, Karma, Mandala etc. :slight_smile: Or just work in some other seedbank or maybe growing and supplying for a private club in Barcelona.

I havenā€™t done any breeding yet, but Iā€™ve done large seed runs and really enjoy pheno hunting, I am also interested in preservation of rare varieties and trading clones with others.

Can somebody give me some advice - how can I go about all that, how to get contacts in the industry and which countries would be most suitable? Iā€™m mostly considering Spain and Portugal so far but I can see that laws are changing in other places as well.

Thanks in advance.

And Iā€™ve also started another 100+ seeds so if I find something interesting, I will be happy to share some clones, although Iā€™m not sure how to arrange it. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Spain is not as ā€œopenā€ as is sometimes said. Busts every month in Catalonia and elsewhere. You can get fined smoking on the street.
No one around me, except family, knows I do this.
Iā€™m still waiting for the change. :fire:

15 Likes

So you still feel like in a black market? I thought at least the fines/sentences were much lower in Catalonia.

1 Like

Welcome aboard @lush !

Neither Spain nor Portugal are places where itā€™s easy to become a legal recreative producer. Weā€™re not at this stage in europe right now. Thereā€™s reasons why everyone flew to Thailand :slight_smile

6 Likes

Are you sure about this? Legally means being a dealerā€¦

1 Like

THC is illegal in Spain, medical or recreative.

2 Likes

You can have up to 100 grams of weed for your personal consume ā€¦ :expressionless:

2 Likes

What about unrooted cuts in post
Like envelope tek @George ?
How risky is that ?

3 Likes

Iā€™m afraid itā€™s illegal as itā€™s seen as an activity to promote drugs ā€¦ :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

You would need a safe address then

2 Likes

Tbh I donā€™t insist on being 100% legal, I think Iā€™ll miss the thrill :smiley: At least be in a place where the laws are a bit more enlightened and people nicer (Iā€™m not a huge fan of my fellow Balkans).

I need to look into Thailand more, do you know a forum or some other resource to read about the industry there?

1 Like

Actually Portugal does have GACP/GMP licensed grow operations running. Found this list of companies @lush maybe you want to take a look and see if any have jobs posted on indeed or linkedin. For example, hereā€™s some jobs at Tilray Portugal. I would guess that most of it is CBD for export through the EU.

3 Likes

Not the best idea to go to other countries to be ā€œcriminalā€ outside from central Europe

Thailand is not foreigner friendly ( in case of misbehaving) and highly corrupt, maybe not the best idea as long you donā€™t have some local one with enough cash to buy you out ASAP.

With out being respectless but cheap labour is enough available in Portugal finding there in the Industry would be hard, and they are enough companys who use Portuguese bad labour law to exploit foreign workersā€¦ An buddy was there after high-school ( full time, no insurance, no social security registration 800ā‚¬ minus 300 for an bed in an 4 bed room)

5 Likes

Yeah, Portugal is attracting a lot of weed producers. Iā€™ve found a better paper listing the one involved:

For what I understood it was all medical though. The production was targeting the EU market. But it seems to change. The legislation change in DE, plus Portugal being also in the process of legalizing recreational:

Seems like cookies is stepping a feet there as in UK also. And some portugese companies are starting to get in the US market. So youā€™re right, things are changing there.

About the licensing in Portugal:

https://www.cannavigia.com/blog-posts/cannabis-country-report-portugal-how-to-get-a-license

@lush I donā€™t have that much resources. Thereā€™s some things on youtube to get an idea. And google raises results :slight_smile:

9 Likes