Giesel, Tahoe, Irene, Rez ECSD, GMO, seedlings, and more! leetdood's grow struggles, vol 2

I love my guardian but if we are going to keep running autopots it’s not exactly convenient to be moved from spot to spot and then we have to use our old bluelab pens which still work but im always afraid to drop them in the water so eventually I’m gonna get one of these which is essentially the bluelab guardian mobile version lol
Bluelab METCOM Combo Meter with Portable Carry Case and Complete Probe Care Kit-Measure pH, Temperature, Conductivity Digital TDS Tester in Water for Daily Use in Hydroponic Systems https://a.co/d/gu6HgLh

4 Likes

It’s awesome stuff just a bit pricey, but I do very much like that it has the Bennie’s and myco and trichoderma all in one product

5 Likes

That’s what Mike has . Things epic! If there’s anything he has I want it’s that his pulse meter and his aeromixer. Those items would certainly up my game. I have a separate blue lab Ec and a Hanna ph (my blue lab died this winter) but I rarely touch them . Since my ph wand died I haven’t used the guardian either. Flying blind lol

Ahh ok, I know there is a beneficial microbe one too, maybe orca? Idk but ever since I side by sided with beneficials and without I’ve been sold. It truly helps keep things in check, that and my calcium and rhizotonic I could not live without now. Truly. They are all worth their weight in gold imho

5 Likes

Ahh so it does have Bennie’s. I’m gonna have to go look at their formula see if it’s similar to microbial mass. I just love that shit, wish it was available outside of Canada. You guys would love it too I assure you :wink: and it’s only needed once every 14 days and super concentrated if you buy the pro so it’s actually relatively cheap when u see how long it lasts.

4 Likes

Edit: it Looks like both have bacillus megaterium and bacillus licheniformis

But microbial mass pro has bacillus velezensis as well

4 Likes

Interesting :thinking:

2 Likes

They also make the orca if I recall right. Yeah let’s not talk about the pulse sensor ive been wanting one for a while and went with the venty instead of it and regret my decisions. I did get a much cheaper ($60) inkbird co2 meter for the 4x8 tho as ive been curious what my co2 sits at when im not down there and when I am and what the difference is between 1 to 2 people in the tent

3 Likes

All in time bro, I’ve wanted one for a year at least , still don’t so don’t feel bad. These damn 4/5/600$ products make it so tough ! :weary:

3 Likes

Having some issues also over here using ph drops but am also half blind and no tds meter it broke. Got my vpd in check but the girls just aint happy and curled down. Gonna let them dry a couple days and give a light feeding with some run off

if anyone notices anything and has an idea dont be afraid to chime in im all ears.

6 Likes

Definitely overfed / overwatered @204medismoke

2 Likes

funny thing is i am actually not giving them much but i just think they have weak root system so far and they cant even handle the amount i gave them. hopefully 2 weeks of minimal watering has them spreading out some more roots.

3 Likes

That happens. I am noticing improvement with the switch back to pHed water. Likely my light intensity (lack of it) and plant size/spacing leads to feed build up.

I have received my duct fan for my 40x40" small tent. This will be used as overflow, pre flower veg, and for seed runs. Right now it is not set up for running so i need to clean it out and get it in tip top shape. Still working on upgrading my light in there from the 4 household bulbs, but progress is being made.

I also received two bottles of captain Jack’s dead bug which I plan to use today to spray the plants. I often fall behind but I am going to try and use this spare time to catch up and get things going better than ever.

I checked on the clones and have sprayed them with sulfur and purecrop1 as they were showing signs of pests. I cracked the vents a little and will be checking on them. I will be taking some more and updating when I can.

2 Likes

Right now my priority in general has been cleaning, eliminating the thrips, and keeping my plants alive to sort out all the backups i need.

6 Likes

Sprayed all my plants with double dose captain Jack’s dead bug. Lots of them need to be cloned or pruned back. Will do some tomorrow.

4 Likes

Took 2 clones each of zoap, gas basket, strawberry Gary, El chapo, as24, and anb. Normally take 3 each but I’m running low on plugs. Gonna transplant said plants to plastic 1 gallon pots.

7 Likes

Said plants are now transplanted. I plan to put them in full 3 gallons for flower.

7 Likes

have you ran those ones before or will this be your first time flowering them ? hows that el chapo grow

2 Likes

First time. The El chapo og a guy found a pic on Instagram that looks amazing. I’ll find it later but I found this for now

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsteN7zABB2/?igsh=dG54azJ4aHhhODc4

2 Likes

I also have these I need to run

El chapo og s1s
Oreoz x El chapo og
Pure Michigan x El chapo og
Corey x El chapo og
Gorilla nut #9 x El chapo og

I sent topshelf apple fritter x El chapo og

3 Likes