Giving Back To The Community

Thanks @nube you are very kind.

Sci :robot:

15 Likes

when @nube sends seeds, he sends a shitload! I like it! :+1:

11 Likes

It shows a lot of his soul, what he does, IMHO a clean one.

Not because i got lots of seeds but because it takes a special kind of person to share selflessly.

Again, thanks @nube!

Sci :robot:

12 Likes

really considering crossing the Agent K with cobraā€™s Purple x Durban or (Durban Thai-high Flyer x C99) x Durbanā€¦ or Cali-O x Durbanā€¦ for mass seeding to return the love shownā€¦ oh the possibilitiesā€¦

8 Likes

You know youā€™ve hit the genetic jackpot when you see this in your mailbox. Much love and respect to @99PerCent and @Muleskinner! Thank you my brothers. You guys are tops on my list of earthlings!
:cowboy_hat_face:

27 Likes

Adding this to my list of wants. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

this was an epic thread very interesting and good to hear there are many like minded ppl here. i would like to offer an idea up to @nube or whoever if this idea ever took off for you. in the spirit of your original post it would perhaps be not a bad idea to say anyone who can should put their stuff in the phylos database to keep as many genetics in the public domain and away from greedy bastards as possible. i was on the fence and skeptical about this public domain thing for a while but after being educated slightly on the matter it seems our best weaopn against ppl hoarding and even worse patenting genetics, i am a broke bitch but i would suggest that anyone with means to put things in the phyos database could do so in exchange for seeds instead of say trading. again if the person has money but doesnā€™t make seeds yet feels strongly about keeping genetics open source and availalable for us all in the future. i have no idea the cost of entering a plant, but if you all have banded together it be cool to see you incorporate some means to get all the genetics you have into the public domain.

5 Likes

idk if your opinion has changed here but i follow the open cannabis project and have recently communicated with the attorney who represents them because initially i thought his job to be a conflict of interest with the OCP. he seemed like a genuine and nice guy, however iā€™d be lying if i said my concerns were quelled especially since i see him post patents he recently won in court related to cannabis genetics. while your points i agree with but i fear they are idealistic. capitalism has a way of getting itā€™s way, and i think it wonā€™t matter in the long run what the stability is. lawyers are lawyers and they twist rules, regulations and laws to suit them, this is why laws are written so loosely, they want them up for interpretation of attorneys to bicker over. that attorney i forget his name but he is on the OCP instagram page if you look down a bit, but he did at elast set me straight on the public domain part, and i have to agree putting stuff into the public domain needs to happen. i thought i even heard a phylos rep or another breeder say bodhi had submitted stuff to the phylos database. anyway, i wish it was as you said, but (money+lawyers=anything can happen) so to be safe i would enter everything i found into that database if i had the money to do so.
**fyi, when i said you and bodhi were being idealistic a bit i simply mean that i agree it should be the way you said, but we all know what shysty stuff politicians and lawyers have done once they see green rush $$. the state i live in want a 2 million escrow to even apply for a license and they are handpicked non anonymously from a panel of 10 ppl or so. if that isnā€™t ripe for corruption idk what is. big $$ getā€™s laws passed that suit the big $$. so i would avoid using present understanding to assume the plants safety in the future.
peace my brotha, i will one day be paying it forward you can bank on that

7 Likes

i have a feeling phylos propagates all (quality) genetics through tissue culture and is building the worlds largest genetics collection which they will sell to major corporations for breeding / research / engineering etc purposes ā€¦ they could be funded by scotts or monsanto for all i know ā€¦ call me paranoid

13 Likes

@nube I agree with your views and will support you in this endeavor. I also am very grateful for the people here on OG.

6 Likes

paranoid :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Hey, my fellow ogā€™sā€¦is this ds over withā€¦:slightly_frowning_face:, never tried ds but itā€™s seems like itā€™s the bees kneesā€¦lol

3 Likes

'Been over for about a year and a half now. :smile: Stick around this place & youā€™ll run into 'ole Dank.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Ya Iā€™m beginning to get to know this place and itā€™s gone from ok check it last to my new 1st check home. Nice refreshing change.

13 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: PHYLOS grumblings

just a rant.

my 2 cents, full legal is coming to the US pretty soon. hemp is a big one. I personally think hemp will be the bigger profit for big AG. it will just take longer to get there. on the forefront is recreational. thats the big money maker for the first few years. they will screw it up and end up diluting the gene pool. look at tobacco. it all tastes the same unless they add flavors. this stuff we have right now is so diverse itā€™s amazing. we need to hang on to these strains and share them with each other so that when things get diluted in the general market place, there we are. small mom and pop farm stands selling the best weed around. and yes, it will be twice as expensive as the walmart brand (iā€™m sure there will be one), but its going to F you up! and taste amazing!

the seed preservation projects we are doing really need to continue. we need to spread these genitics to as many people as we can. and just because itā€™s legal doesnt mean everything is good. we need to put ourselves in a position that can outlast the rush, and prove we can breed better cannabis than big AG and Pharma.

23 Likes

when you say full legal do you mean federally legal and highly regulated like canada or fully legal as in it has the same status as a watermelon regarding growing and perosnal use etc?

6 Likes

tobacco.

accā€™d to Kevin Jodrey(forgive me :grin:), tobacco companies blend 5 years worth of harvests continuously, to keep the ā€œterroirā€ & seasonal variation from being noticeable by their customers. :wink:

:thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

but thatā€™s what we love about weed! all the variations!

5 Likes

i was talking about federally legal and regulated.

5 Likes