Goji OG seedrun

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sun Seeds Soil

I have 4 pushing up dirt this morning. :star_struck: I’m looking forward to this grow. They’ll be outside this summer. Maybe I’ll put one in the ground to grow as a tree. peace

10 Likes

If we could plant 5,000 Gogi OG seeds on the White House Lawn, would that get their attention?

11 Likes

I have that many setting here after making up 300 pack.

:green_heart: :seedling:

16 Likes

How is the effect of Goji OG, more indica or sativa?

4 Likes

Google says the original Goji OG is sativa dominant

3 Likes

For me the Goji hits strong like a kush but on the more playful, fun, energetic side of strong. I would agree that it’s sativa sides do come through well, in its effect, but as a hybrid, it’s a bit of both. It’s not racy in the head for me at all, but its effects are more cerebral than body. Not a couch-lock inducing strain for me.

22 Likes

That’s a good way of describing it! I’ve found Goji very nice for outdoor activities - brings interesting thought-lines, a bit day dreamy, and doesn’t seem to get too sleepy. A bit meditative, and can bring a really nice calming feeling.

19 Likes

With the Nepalese genetics (variation himalayensis), they probably get huge.

1 Like

Thank you much.

2 Likes

I don’t think it has Nepalese in it - just an OG cut called Nepali OG

6 Likes

It has Nepalese, at least the internet seems to think so. https://www.leafly.com/strains/goji-og

One of the very many cases of leafly being wrong. It’s well established that the cut is not of Nepalese origins.
Heard something about it being from the Napa Valley but I’m not 100% on that

7 Likes

Sucks that accurate information is so sparse.

3 Likes

Bodhi’s description mentions the Nepali being a cut from the Grass Valley area that’s similar to Tahoe OG. He also speculated on one of the very few podcasts I’ve ever listened to that the “Nepali” designation could actually be a reference to the Nepali coast in Hawaii, not Nepal.

14 Likes

How about a couple dried bud shots

peg)

49 Likes

That’s a gorgeous female :heart_eyes: those buds look awesome. Nice thick buds and it looks like you poured sugar on em haha

2 Likes

I was hesitant of putting this here, but since @catapult suggested, glad to.

Im currently growing 8 female gojis og f2 from this run (seven are in week 5 or 6 post flip) and one is currently in week 2 of flower.

of the seven, 5 hermied badly (or at least what i counsider badly and found around 5 or 6 nanners in each plant) in week 4 of flower. I know Gojis are sensitive, and I do believe that i was to blame - i tend to feed high in N even in flower and apparently they were not fond of it and also, there were a some small light leaks near the Gojis. I believe a combination of this and its predisposition caused it.

I did not want to cull them even though they are clearly making seeds, they are also very pretty and have a nuanced terpene profile, i just want to see what could have been. So I separated them and gave them their own space (even though im pretty sure their original tent got its fair share of pollen and ill see seeds in both tents - not sure to what degree tho).

so hers the visual breakdown, smell on the bunch ranges from earthy, sweet, slightly fruity, and two are what I identify as fuelish/alcohol:

These are the isolated that hermied (btw, they seemd to stop producing nanners). they do have some seeds that look mature already, which pisses me off but

And this is the one that clswed, but barely put any nanners out (i think i only found one if any, cant remember well, i may have missed some)

33 Likes

that actually not that bad in my book. i would exclude that from further breeding considerations but for me personally if that cut is awesome id still run it again. i dont mind a few seeds, especially if there are only like 20-30 in the whole pound

10 Likes

My goji og f1 cut is stable as F in spite of many abuses. There is stability in the line too.

This comment was only intended to encourage. I also saw hermie in an f2 from seed. (Not from the og seed run)

13 Likes