Gorilla Glue Auto. First time growing an Auto

My first time growing a Auto. It’s a bonus seed from Herbies. I will be giving details to as I go. I would really appreciate any help, especially from anyone that has grown this particular strain.

I was a little worried the seed wouldn’t germinate. But 3 whole days in she showed me love. And I shall return the love all the way through harvest.

10 Likes

Is it GG4? If so there are some special traits that it can be recognized by in flower. I did not think anyone had developed stable seeds for sale yet as it has been clone only, but there are a whole lot of cuts going around. I’ll tag along and see how she comes out. The cuts are 68 + days from pistils to finish
Here’s a few start to finish 14 weeks not autos, from clones.

![image|375x500]

6 Likes

I’m using Fox Farm Ocean Forest, for this grow. As far as my seedling I used 2 3rds of seed starter soil nutrient free with 1 3rd FFOF. I would have liked to use coco coir but my order didn’t show up yet. Should be alright I did a trial run with some bag seeds and it did really well.
Anyone think an 11.5 Lt pot should be large enough for an Auto? I don’t want it to stretch that much incase I get stuck using my space bucket.

6 Likes

They look great man.

2 Likes

That pots around 3 gallons, definitely big enough for most autos. Good luck, GG auto should make something nice for ya!

1 Like

Try not to stress it, give it around 3-gallons of media, use 20/4 lighting, you should do alright…

1 Like

oh yeah a 3 gallon will be huge for your space bucket, but depends on a lot of other factors, think the max size i tried in a space bucket was like 1 - 1.5 liters

2 Likes

That car is fkn sweeett. Perhaps a couple more pics of it…

1 Like

@Instg8ter this is the pack that came from Hurbies

@ReikoX
@Mr.Sparkle
Maybe I will try to find a 2 gal somewhere. I’ll probably just just the space bucket till my tent comes next week. I will definitely keep you all posted. I’m also starting 3 Bubble Gum seeds. I’m trying to figure out what led light I want to buy. Anyone ever heard anything bad about any of these?

1 Like

My tent is 36x20x62. Any thoughts?

None of those personally as those are most likely junk, but if going that route and Amazon, look up either a mars hydro sp150, ts1000 and or a spider farmer sf1000

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing . I love the car man.

1 Like

@Mr.Sparkle yeah your right I’ve been up all night and just came across the spider farmer. Wish I was I made more money. But I guess I would get more out of a smaller one then a 1000 watt led board.

1 Like

If you’re up to building your own, heres a thread on how to make top quality LEDs cheaply:

If not I think a good rule of thumb is to look for modern lights that appear more white as opposed to the purple (blurple) spectrum of older generation lights

3 Likes

Lol i just caught that, fat thumbs flipping through the albums. That’s the last project I did with a little online forum assistance. 462 dual demon quads under the hood with Ram Air.

well those ones above aren’t 1000w boards, they are lying to you with just deceptive naming, not far off of either spriderfarmer and marshydro with there “1000” units, but also when you consider efficiency in a light that’s actually rated at say 400w but only puts out say the same as a more efficient 240w rated light…

But people get pulled into the numbers without realizing the actual measurements that matter more behind them.

3 Likes

as example that sunraise light right here in its description, they say 1000w cause they use quote “15w” chips but even with their math 15x96 =1440w, but they say it replaces 500-600w of hps which is pure bull, actual rated watts is 165 and thats probably what its comparable due to the older chips architecture and build style thats been around for some time

LED: 96pcs - 15W LEDs
Real Power:165±3%W
Replace :500W-600W HPS

using the Missyee 2 pack again

[600W 2-Pack]
Actual Power 105W * 2
HPS Light Replaced 400W * 2
LED Chip Power 600W * 2

again BS rated is 105w times 2 units so 210w total the other numbers are just to confuse you, really a more accurate comparison is light output whether par, lux, or lumens, watts just tell you whats coming from the wall.

and that TMlapy “1000w” unit

Model Number: E1000
Actual Power: 178W±5%

so when you actually look at say the marshydro or spiderfarmer stuff which with the units i suggested being quite a bit more efficient than those above, probably makes a bit more sense.

But your 20"x36" tent is kinda an odd ball size and inorder to light it effectively the options are less.

Honestly get either the Marshydro sp-150, or two of there ts600 units, or two of HLG’s HLG 65 V2 units, any of those three options are what you should be looking at and the those prices are reasonable, id be looking at that first one though just cause its easier to hang one unit than two.

or like @beacher suggested if you have a bit of diy skills and a little electrical knowledge you can build your own light with bridgelux strips pretty easily and would probably end up being around $120-130usd just cause of a “trump tax” aka 25% on electronic parts made in china or elsewhere, but with that you would be getting a pretty decent light, im a little biased though as its what i run and i enjoy them.

But yeah that’s what i suggest and others here will probably tell you similar.

Just trying to set you up right and on proper footing to be successful

4 Likes

Belive this would work and is cheap

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62123272895/Kingbrite-2019-hot-sale-Samsung-lm301h.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.8.39ee1f9cBclyQz&src=saf&fullFirstScreen=true&xp=x6jU8uicWn3TieeEiDDxO4n0P_VMEZ27veAc1EDwzjwnjUGg_nNo_pGfpDU3TyARN19RFH2oQ2rL8tcxXfqM_T6WogAnwZDHgesNbgng0wY&bm=cps&cps_sk=ddggoegk&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.alibaba.com%2Fproduct--detail%2FKingbrite--2019--hot--sale--Samsung--lm301h_62123272895.html%3Fspm%3Da2700.icbuShop.41413.8.39ee1f9cBclyQz&redirect=1

1 Like

@Mr.Sparkle
Thanks man. I’m going to drop the money on spider or mars. I know I’m going to use the light forever. You think this would 3over kill in a 3x2x5 tent?

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle
You think this would be better?

2 Likes