Grandaddy Purple - Ken's GDP - Legit or BS?

Grape Ape was always my favorite of the purps during that time followed by the GDP, then urkel, lavender, etc.

3 Likes

Mine too!! I was buying all of those strains since they first hit the medical market around 2005…then I started growing some of them around the same time

2 Likes

I hear you, but it was so different that i have a hard time believing it.
So i must do more personal research (smoke testing).

1 Like

It’s always been a debate since nobody really thinks big bud is really in the GDP makeup…maybe Kens GDP is different :man_shrugging: Kens GDP and Grape Ape supposedly/most likely have the same parents just a different phenotype. And maybe that’s the GDP got everyone going crazy for the Grandaddy Purple

My next couple of runs is going to be straight GDP.

Authentic Genetics GDP side by side with these King Klone - KENS GDP

Anyone willing to sell me a pack of AG - GDP?? If you have a pack let me know I only have one pack of those Authentic Genetics GDP’s

8 Likes

Although this might just be more misinformation. Many years ago, I recall hearing Ken and Bret were acquaintances or even friends. Both of them working on GDP at the same time, the line and their relationship eventually split ways. Resulting in the differences between the two lines we see today. (Similar to Dj shorts Flo and Blueberry. Same genetics, different pheno selections)

@WeTokeChronic I remember seeing an F2 of AG GDP on Strainly.
Kens rerelease of GDP might also be worth a look. Although he’s been a bit MIA @KropDuster did a reproduction of those.
If you can make a trip to LA, you can make and order with Kyle Kushmans dispensary for their GDP cut.

2 Likes

no, he’s just had a lot more background information on GDP origins than anyone else with photos to back it up.

filled in a lot of my missing puzzle pieces.

2 Likes

Yeah in the bay area nobody ever said that it was a big bud hybrid.
That’s only on euro seedbanks and online. I don’t see any resemblance to big bud either.

Yea people would be like “wtf is big bud I thought you just meant the size of the buds, I’m hella stoned” lol

I was thinking Grape Ape could be a pheno of
Urkle x Big bud :man_shrugging: I guess I could see the resemblance in that more with the long skinny branches but “big buds” lol

it gets confusing when people try to hide what it really was…

3 Likes

I’m not MIA…

3 Likes

My bad man. I didn’t actually check. I saw your strainly closed a while back and noticed you weren’t on here much during that time.

1 Like

You are correct and I don’t post much here. I tried posting a couple times and they got deleted. Seems I can’t talk about what I am up to but I can talk about others.

1 Like

CkNugz HQ (past,present,future) - #84 by CkNugz Free your budshots! (Part 3) - #177 by CkNugz