Grape Punch from the man, the legend, BOG ver.2

Any aloe users here, we use it alot and find more info all the time on its efficacy.
I start seeds in a piece of aloe, super happy with success. Just wondering since I didn’t find info at site.

7 Likes

I gotta try starting seeds in aloe-

Sounds interesting…

4 Likes

I’ve heard of ppl cloning with aloe… also willow shoots iirc…

3 Likes

So 20 hours in paper towel and we have signs of life. No much but a couple have popped open. Come on Grape Punch

24 Likes

Hell yeah :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Stankonia here’s the link to a thread i did on it, explains everything in detail cuz

This method will work on 1 seed or 100 seeds. just change from a big tray to a small cup! lol
Although, as you’ll see when going trough the thread, i do 100 or more almost every time…

11 Likes

I’m making up some super soil so I needed worm castings anyway but I ordered extra just to have on hand for stubborn seeds after seeing your success.

4 Likes

That was a pretty interesting read bro

2 Likes

last bag of castings was SO WET and smelled heavy of worm crap. Last few bags the medium was very fluffy and drier as it seemed composted more.

Anyone else have fresh worm turds instead of composted when purchasing as of late?

I have had amazing results with it Astrodude. Soaking them in the goo and another way cutting a piece of leaf longer than the container your using so, the insides don’t just run out. Poke a hole big enough to just get a bean threw and let the seed germ in its own little aloe whom if you will. It drinks that chit up like crazy. I’ve noticed its a longer larger sized root development and in my case it was ready to transfer to soil in 3 to 4 days. I have to add use caution not let to the aloe cutting dry up on the ends its like surgery getting the germ out if it does harden up and close. I’m going to try standing the aloe cutting up next time and try it that way but my logic tells me the fluid will run out with gravity flow. Time will tell that chits pretty thick

3 Likes

So 3 of the grape punch cracked yesterday and went into coco, the last 2 popped this morning l will drop them in coco tonight.

12 Likes

I’d say stand it up and leave the end you cut in tact, and down, so there’s no leakage. Seems like what I was thinking in my head while thinking about the aloe germ method.

2 Likes

Yay! Much better results. So you think it was your heat pad setup?

2 Likes

Its possible, we will see if these seeds stall like the last ones. Most of the first ones cracked and than didnt do anything so if I get some seedlings this time I would say it’s likely. Could have been driving the temps and humidity too high. Hoping to see some seeds popping out of coco in next day or so.

7 Likes

Yeah!

I think those radicals hanging out there is a great sign. 3 of my sour strawberry seeds ended up being mush inside too. Another one germed and the last one cracked but no tail ever showed. I lost that one in the dirt, and I gave up and repotted a new seedling in there.This was in the same setup as 3 other sets of seeds that all germed quickly. Now I have a werewolf seedling that has a new tiny seedling next to it. I’m really hoping it’s that sour strawberry. :crossed_fingers:

Regardless, nice work on these grapes bud!

They’re off to a great start already.

3 Likes

Well just home from work and those last 2 have been dropped into coco. Nothing breaking the surface yet but they were put in early. I expect them to take a bit longer to work their way out. All in all things are looking up. These 2 may just surface first.

32 Likes

Not to jump off topic from Doug Dawson’s project at hand but I was watching a guy on YouTube who is cinched up with the mendo dope boys who goes by Minnesota Nice. He’s got some interesting knowledge using aloe vera. He mentions that there is a substance right next to the inner leaf that’s a super positive for taking clones. Scrape the inside of the leaf with the clone steam. My thoughts was just take a cigar tube case. tape it up with electric tape and block the light. Stick the whole leaf thorns and all in a blender. Fill the cigar tube with the blended substance then place the seed totally submerged in the fluid screw the lid back on and place in a dark cool place to germ standing up. Keeping the tube right side up allowing the germinated root to grow the length of the tube with gravity drawing it down. I tried the same technique on some mango fruit seeds last week and it showed a positive response big time (in a larger container of course) vs standard germination practices.

6 Likes

That’s interesting for sure… please let us know how it goes when you do it to cannabis seeds, I might even give some variation of that a try, to see for myself. lol I got plenty of room to experiment and plenty of seeds too…

5 Likes

I have experimented with cannabis seeds just using the the whole leaf cut into a 4 inch piece(I use the big leaves they sell in the produce section at walmart)Cut a piece of cardboard to keep the ends from closing and holding back the goo. Poke a little hole just big enough to drop a seed threw. I then took a match stick pushing it down into the clear goo to totally submerge it. I didn’t even put it in the dark just left it on a bench in my greenhouse. The frekn seed drinks that chit right up. Just a stoner with stoney thoughts . I even blend up beet’s with aloe sometimes and bubble it and feed to the plants. I cant take credit for it learned off some scientist chick watching one of Pats shows with Green Bicycles but its working just fine instead of molasses for the sugars. Something I learned from Minnesota Nice thats having a positive on all my plants not just cannabis is popcorn seed sprouted blended after it germs a tail about a inch long and bubbled. Its got some powerful hormone to induce plant growth in it. I don’t know all the science or the names behind it all like they do but, I do know its cheep and easy to make lol

6 Likes

Grape Punch starting to work their way out of the coco. Much better start.

27 Likes