Grape Punch from the man, the legend, BOG ver.2

I don’t know man. Same method I have always done. I have never seen this before. All cracked open but didn’t grow, only one grew but broke itself in 3 pieces. The only thing I did different is I usually soak them for 24hrs. This time since one cracked I threw them in paper towel after like 9 hours. Meh, no sense in worrying about it. I am going to drop some more and see what happens, the next batch should go better.

11 Likes

Yeah I’ve never seen it either. Such indecisiveness…u want to live or not seeds?

2 Likes

Crazy thing is all the BOG seeds I bought so far are big & fat and healthy looking compared to other companies’

3 Likes

Yeah, this is my first BOG experience but in the end, it’s going to be all good. BOG, BOG, BOG :slight_smile:

12 Likes

@DougDawson - im late to the show so i’ll be in the back row. happy to be along for the ride!

4 Likes

Hey there OG, so those following along have seed the mess that has happened so far. The Grape Punch are a total write off but there is good news. I am hitting the reset button and we are going to go again. I still have 9 more seeds in that Grape Punch pack so 5 are heading for germination. The only gear I used that was different was an Inkbird heat mat controller they sent me to test, I am going to take that out and put back my original. I have a sneaking suspicion it got too hot and humid in there. They are not swamp plants after all. So I tell you what, sit back, grab some snacks and let’s start this party over again.

20 Likes

Ding Ding, round 2. 5 more Grape Punch took the plunge into the RO. Fingers crossed.

22 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Me too. I’d really like to get my hands on some of that BOG creeper. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I know you’ll have better luck this time.

5 Likes

Yea @DougDawson second times the charm!

2 Likes

Yeah this will do it…I can feel it in my soul

2 Likes

Ok OG, the seeds soaked for 24hours in RO. Fresh plates, new roll of paper towel, original heat mat and controller put back in place, humidity dome removed, let’s see how this goes.

21 Likes

ditto for the grape punch! grow grow grow

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

These are gonna get huge! I can feel it. :seedling::herb::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Watching with great interest!!! Sending positive energy!!!

5 Likes

Hope you have success @DougDawson-

You might want to try @JohnnyPotseed pure worm castings germination method…

It worked for me :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. I am not ready to alter my methods just yet @vaportrail . The first seed I ever lost was in my PPP run but this nightmare where all 5 bellied up was just a huge kick the the metaphorical nads. I may look at other methods if problems persist but for now I got to have faith in what has always worked for me. I made a few alterations, here is hoping all goes well this time.

9 Likes

Wow-

I’ve lost countless seeds over the years…

Carry on @DougDawson

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve gotten freebie seeds before that out of ten seeds not one would pop, and the next pack 100% with the same methods, definitely the seeds fault not yours

Positive vibes coming your way bud

3 Likes

Thnx for the promo there, @vaportrail :grinning: … Now Mr.@DougDawson , I know there are a lot of ways to germinate. What works for someone might or might not work for the next guy. I don’t ‘push’ any one method. As long as it works, I say go for it to anyone’s preferred way! Good luck cuz, you know I’m sending nothing but the most positive grow vibes!

8 Likes

Can I hear the ewc mwthod?.. out of sheer curiosity?

Just use ewc instead of soil and keep damp?

2 Likes