Grape Punch from the man, the legend, BOG ver.2

Yeah, I have never seen a tap root broken into 3 pieces before. Even if stunted I will likely cull it, don’t need the hassle. Can always drop another seed.

4 Likes

So did not see much growth as of this morning oddly and that one is defiantly done. Here is hoping we got some tails happening when I get home.

7 Likes

Can’t wait to find out

2 Likes

Ok all you BOG fans, here is your Grape Punch update. So after a day at work I came home and sure enough that one seed tore itself to pieces, lol. Never seen anything quite like it. I have left the remnants of it in the paper towel just for a lark but I am pretty sure it’s over for that one. That said the other 4 seeds are showing good signs of life. Looks like we are off to the races.

28 Likes

You can’t tape it up??? Should be ok!!! Hawhaw

7 Likes

LOL, Doug breaks out the grafting tape and magnifier tup

4 Likes

3 Likes

Hey there OG. So the Grape Punch is not going well for some reason. I got some good tails forming on the Sour Bubble but these Grape Punch do not seem to be doing much of anything. They are in the same propagator with all the same things done to them. They cracked quick but now just don’t seem to be progressing? PullHair

16 Likes

Could just be slow going maybe?

3 Likes

Yeah, the first one came out and broke itself into 3 pieces. These others are just not doing anything for over a day. Got me scratching my head. Especially when looking at the Sour Bubble which cracked slower but is taking off now. Same propagator, water etc. Just odd.

4 Likes

They don’t look like mush in there yet. Maybe try to peel a shell off. I did that recently and stuck it back in the towel and it grew into a seedling…so far. It’s a cherry brandy auto tho.

4 Likes

I will give that a shot tomorrow if no more progress.

5 Likes

Have you ever tried using gibberilic acid?

3 Likes

No and have also never had seeds stall like that. I still got faith, giving them a shot of LITFA and will see tomorrow

9 Likes

Well that’s that. Came home today and still no growth. One broke itself apart when the tail didn’t emerg and it grew out in a bow shape. The other 4 didn’t sprout tails, I cracked the seeds open and found all but one had turned to mush. The last embryo is in paper towel but I don’t have much hope for it.

18 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I have 9 more seeds, we shall step up to the plate again and give this another shot. The run is not over, just those seeds unless that one embryo decided to grow but either way more seeds will be germing.

13 Likes

Yeah this was basically what happened to me on that entire Sour Bubble pack I tried to pop the other month :confused:

Hopefully the rest of the pack do better :crossed_fingers:

12 Likes

Bummer dude. Fingers crossed for you for the rest of the pack :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

this is why popping seeds is so stressfull to me… it seems the more i care about the strain the harder it becomes and lower germ survival rate, good luck on the next 9!

7 Likes

That is a little strange…I wonder if mine will be the same. I bought em together so it’s possibly same batch

2 Likes