Grass Monkey & Sour Bubble in the House!

Family and especially in laws, can be heartless and greedy. Everything is temporary bro, better things are down the road. Onward, through the fog! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Federal and local laws getting deleted scumbags lol…

Oh yeah OFC, but i still regret having to get rid of the plants, super sad about that. Nothing to do.

Stay tuned tho! The mad man will start growing with a vengeance, pretty soon! Couple of months tops.

2 Likes

i’m sure you could find a way to f’nagle(that’s my yiddish) a spot over at lu -eees… his plant looked pretty fn’t lonely behind that wall… 'give 'er some friends to bla-bla-bla with in the alley… :wink:

(1/2 serious, as usual, confusing the matter)

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

found another Grass Monkey. :smile:

https://www.grassmonkeycc.com/about

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Conserving clones in stasis :hourglass_flowing_sand:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Conserving clones in stasis :hourglass_flowing_sand:

i feel like i have smell-o-vision right now…if i had a teleporter i’d do a lot of things but right now i’d bounce down to CR & burn one. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Anytime brother, you can do it!

LOL

2 Likes

Here they are thriving, flipped them two days ago but only to identify sex on each plant. I wish i could do something in order to be able to finish them, but two whole months…

Sour Bubble in the back and Grass Monkey in the front.

They look so vigorous and healthy.

HppHrvst :robot:

10 Likes

:thinking: …almost… …TOO vigorous… :thinking: :spy: it’s that LIFTA, DAMNIT!

3 Likes

…in that case, tell the man this sour lifesaver run better be like … hmm … :thinking: “god’s pussy” already spoken for… hmm. well, damn good. because the :evergreen_tree: needs it to be. :wink:

1 Like

If i transplant them now, will they benefit from it or suffer shock?

I wanna put them in 3 gallon pots, but only the females… Thanks.

2 Likes

how much longer until flower? if more than 2 weeks then do it, imo.
i have to say “Yes”. (both probably). i’ve had a hell of a time doing a smooth transplant with fabric pots. there are other brands that incorporate velcro side seams but i ended up scissoring off my last 2gal fabric pot. gonna try and repair it with heavy snap-fasteners(like for clothing).

(i can’t see if those pots have zippers or whatever :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hey there people!

I will be making a cross of the Sour Bubble with the Grass Monkey, will be called Bubbly Chimp! HAHAHAHA…

The arranged marriage, a SB stud male, almost twice as tall as the rest of the batch and the best female of the Grass Monkey!

After the seeds come out, i will be working the seeds to select the best two phenos of the cross and try to stabilize them in whichever way the breeders do it… Just learning for now! For now.

HppHrvst

4 Likes

Curious with out ever having grown out said “Best Female” Grass Monkey how you have determined it is the best? What is it the best at, or of?

4 Likes

HAHAHAHA!

You’re right. I selected the best looking and most vigorous female. I stand corrected.

HAHAHAHA

I understand. When I flower them I will have info and then be able to select the “best” flowered female.

Thanks for the hint.

HppHrvst

3 Likes

It’s just that I saw you mention the words, “like the breeders do it” but this certainly sounds more like a pollen chuck.

If you want a little tip, breeders start by stabilizing their parents first and get to know their plants. Make the F2.F3,F4, and learn how to get out of a plant what you want it to do.

Otherwise you’re just creating the next poly whatever. Or do a chuck and call it what it is.

Grass Monkey was a 6 year project. It is the way it is because lots of time was spent narrowing down the traits important to me.

You want to know why the 9LB hammer cross is a failure? Because the pollen chucker that made it is a pollen chucker and took plant A and B and made C.

Create a tool box then build or be a chucker.

Huge difference being a breeder which is a dying art form.

BREEDBYEXAMPLE

13 Likes

I do not believe in any way that i have the skills and experience necessary to establish a seed bank, let alone create strains. I am playing around, and you know it.

The word breeder came out, and it wasn’t my intention… LOL

I am only making the seeds that maybe one day will be grown out to choose traits and isolate special things about them. But first i gotta learn how to recognize those things and also, i need space. Choosing from 20 females and 20 males will prolly be mediocre, we’ll need at least 100 or so.

For the time being, i am only playing around and grow after grow i will learn. One day i expect to surprise myself.

As always Master Jedi PJ, thanks for your time and advice man!

Greatly appreciated.

HppHrvst :robot:

6 Likes

Surely after 6 years Grass Monkey is somewhat stable and the same with Sour Bubble after 20? years so it should be a great place to start an F1 then start selective breeding.

EDITED BEFORE POSTING TO KEEP IT CIVIL.

Making seeds should be encouraged not frowned upon and like growing there are many ways to get it done.

5 Likes