Greandal’s menagerie…

I zoomed in on that last pic. She’s going to be one sticky girl. lol

3 Likes

Can hardly handle her now. lol and the smell is quite powerful. Eye watering up close.

4 Likes

Going to be hard to wait on the cure for this one.

3 Likes

I bet. I was the same way about that OG x GG#4 that I grew out. That was the stinkiest, stickiest, tightest buds I ever grew. My veins were itching before they were cured. It was worth the wait though. That’s a fact. lol

4 Likes

Definitely the biggest, most solid sativa buds I’ve seen in person. I’ve had a couple Thai with large calyxes but nothing like this. This a robust beast.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the one :slight_smile: looking really good bro, starting to look recognisable to me now lol. I could never quite put my finger on the smell, not mango fresh like a Thai often is, but darker and more pungent and woodsy. It’s got a more earthy/herbal/burnt coffee bean taste than do the Thai plants I’ve grown also. They frost up late so It should start to get there nicely now. It should end up super sticky by the looks :+1::pray:

3 Likes

That looks good! You are in for a treat! Not long now!.
I can’t believe the resemblance to OST. Looks just like it. Pink stem and all.

2 Likes

OST? I don’t think I know it. Yeah there is likely so much mixing in SEA strains that regionalising is probably a stretch imho. It’s been traded and used there for hundreds of years so crossover is inevitable I guess. SEA landrace is probably about as accurate as we can get. these have been in oz for at least 30 years so I just see them as heirlooms, but too good to lose either way lol.

2 Likes

That plant is too cool. Love the way it takes the whole room. You can just tell it’s going to be really good too!

3 Likes

OST is @Upstate ’s cross of a special Oaxaca “Old Silver sides” x a Thai I forget the name of, thus Old Silver Thai

Similar but different.

10 Likes

I grew this poorly too! LMAO

Much different bud structure, leaf structure etc.

That’s 3 plants in there.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Yeah I have a feeling I’m gonna dig it. :wink:

1 Like

Ahh nice, yeah I can definitely see the similarities in that! Soz did you say you pollinated this one with one of the run of males you have had previously? From stored pollen?

1 Like

I tried yes. Still not certain it took. I have one male still alive hanging out in cold storage, maybe I’ll try a branch outside.

It’s remarkably fine grained pollen which goes with the really long stigmas.

2 Likes

They can have the purple stems and flowers also… I caught a bunch of bees raiding one of the males.

Fingers crossed you get some more beans and pass it around brother, you are going to end up with a decent amount in the end too :pray:

5 Likes

Haha stupid bee doesn’t know what he’s getting into!

3 Likes

Must be getting close to cooked now hey?

1 Like

It’s getting there. Will have pics tomorrow.

2 Likes

Here’s an outdoor version of it bro, not as much colour but same structure…

8 Likes

Boy that looks good! I sure wish I had grown mine better. Only way to learn though.

Sorry I have no pictures yet, in the hospital with my wife who’s just had spinal surgery.

6 Likes