Greasy's Journal

Awwww, thanks guys! Appreciate it!

Pulled another line from your original posting: “But now that it’s been dried awhile, it’s much better. I don’t believe in the whole indica/sativa thing, but I’d classify this a chill, listen to music, watch a movie, gorge yourself with pie, type of high.” I’m pro any strain that will make me want to gorge myself with pie! Sounds like some good stuff!

14 Likes

Those look great man props @Greasy :sunglasses: :fire: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Making good use of space in that tent! Just looked up the T1000 picture on CSI’s website and it looks really nice (Urkle x TK?). Crossed with blueberry sounds very interesting as well.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s Urkle x TK. Sounds like a winner to me! I think @iamyou_youareme has the cut that was pheno hunted by CSI’s partner Tigard Farms, and the cut used in CSI’s S1’s, so it should be really special! Would make sense for Archive to have found that one since Tigard is out of Portland.

8 Likes

I went and checked his site because I haven’t in bit and looks like he’s made a bunch more crosses with the T-1000 as well. I think the lineage is actually TK x Urkle, which make sense to me as it seems more Urkle-ish than TK (just going from looks and smells, not sure I’ve ever smoked real Urkle). Shoot me a DM if those Blueberry x T1000 interest you, I’ll be happy to share.

Yeah it’s kind of tricky tracing back where this one came from, but TigardFarms (RedBeard) found it in a pack of Old Family Purple from CSI Humboldt. I guess they’re kinda partnered up. Archive stocks mostly their own stuff, but they do have a few other breeders clones, thug pug, cannarado, SkunkHouse Genetics, which I’m thankful for because most of Archive’s stuff is cookie/hype based genetics.

9 Likes

Tent has been flowering for 61 days, just shy of 9 weeks. This group is really taking it’s time. I think they’ll need at least until Halloween to be at peak ripeness. 11 weeks or so. Probably should do some more staking as everyone is really starting to lean

Sun Ra has turned into a real beauty. She has a sharp bright citrus smell with a backend fruity funk. Her lowers are insanely frosty!

Sherbert x Wedding Cake has really tight, dense nugs, that reek of grapefruit. She is starting to purple as well.

Good Old Days. Something has been munching on her lower leaves, and my hunch is that it’s been black soldier flys. They have been coming out of my compost, and have caught a few in my sticky traps. She really got squeezed in the corner, but she is chugging along nonetheless. She has the sharpest smell in the tent of this really vivid lime concentrate. If they were going to make a lime car freshener scent, it would be this smell. Also turning purple for me.

Loompa’s Headband X Triangle Kush. The darkhorse of the tent. She started off so weak due to some stem issues from overwatering, but boy has she come back with a vengeance. She has that classic lemon cleaner, pinesol scent that I can’t get enough of! Her nugs are super tight and rock hard, the kind that will make that ping sound when dropped into a trim tray. Seems very similar to the last pheno I grew which makes me very excited!

27 Likes

That, my friend, is an understatement. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Gorgeous flowers! I respect your willpower. I’d be at least taking some sample cuts! Go ahead, I won’t tell anybody.

12 Likes

Thank you! I’m excited to make some F2’s with this strain!

Thank you! I think I have really strong willpower right now on letting them finish, because I had to take my outdoor fairly early. There will definitely be samples between now and harvest time!

9 Likes

This Loompa’s Headband x TK is out of control. I’m 2/2 on these seeds producing gorgeous specimens. I’ve got 4 seeds left, and think that I’ll have to try my hand at a fem f2 project for these as I want to keep this strain in seed form around. 68 days flowering. Soooo close

With flash. Ridiculous

28 Likes

Looking back at my post yesterday on the Headband x TK I felt a little braggy. Really I was just expressing my excitement about the plant. Wanted to clarify that as I felt the post had a different tone than most of my journal. Still stoked though!

15 Likes

My Sun Ra project is coming along. They are 29 days old today. I currently have 5 confirmed females, 1 confirmed male, and 3 unknown. My male unfortunately is the least vigorous plant in the bunch, and is going to be culled. No point in making seeds with a weak plant.

I’m planning on culling the weakest plants next week, and up potting my four favorite females, and putting them in my main tent. I’ll then switch the light cycle in my little tent to 12/12 to see if I can force the remaining 3 plants to show sex. I have my eye on one unsexed as hopefully being my potential male, otherwise I may have to consider turning this into a fem project to make sure all plants involved are worth breeding with.

The back two rows are my sex tested plants, with middle right being my weakling male. I’m really hoping front middle is a dude! The other two in that row I would probably flower out, and see how they do, but simultaneously choose a female to reverse. I wish I had more space to do some truly selective breeding, but I’m making the best of the space and time that I have.

19 Likes

Na. If you were bragging it would be “look what I’ve done even with sub par genetics”. Not

That’s just commenting on good genetics. :slight_smile:
Just my opinion though. lol

9 Likes

Harvested the tent today at 70 days flowering. Found a tiny spot of boytris on my Sherbert x Wedding Cake plant a few days ago, where the buds were growing into each other. I’ve been unable to keep my humidity down in my tent this run, growing in 5 gallon pots. On one hand, my plants didn’t fade out like they normally do in 3 gallons, but on the other hand, my lights off humidity sits around 75%, so I decided to chop. The Sun Ra probably could have gone a little longer, but I think the other plants were perfectly ripe!

Sun Ra

Good Old Days

Sherbert x Wedding Cake

And last but not least, my favorite, her floppyness, the Loompa’s Headband x Triangle Kush

26 Likes

Beautiful! Congratulations on your harvest!

8 Likes

Looks like a killer harvest! The HBxTK looks good, very nuggy. What kind of smells are you getting from Good Old Days and Sun Ra? Sucks about the spot of mold, but at least it’s not too bad. Dealing with the humidity spike after the lights go off is a pain… I just recently configured all my fans to exhaust out of the space so I don’t have to deal with pumping the humid air back into the grow space and have to dehumidify that. Good luck with the drying and trimming.

8 Likes

Nice harvest! Lookin forward to hearin your thoughts on good ole days.

5 Likes

Thank you @MoBilly!

I am very pleased, thank you! The Sun Ra is very bright citrus smelling. The Good Old Day’s is the loudest plant in tent with this artificial lime smell. Never had that flavor before, so I’m interested to see if it will keep in the cure.

That sounds pretty ideal! I haven’t really invested in dehumidifying the room the tent is in, so I’m really at the mercy of the weather. This time of year our humidity can drastically drop when the Santa Ana winds pick up, so my final product can dry out pretty quickly if I’m not on top of it. In terms of trimming, you guys aren’t going to believe this, but my girlfriend actually loves trimming, and I haven’t trimmed a plant of my own in at least a year now. The idea of me helping upsets her, as she’ll have less to do. I feel like Tom Sawyer having convinced her to paint a fence for fun. I’m one lucky guy!

Thank you! I’m hoping it’s like the Bubba clone I grew out, as I loved that smoke! Will do a smoke report once cured!

10 Likes

Didn’t he always have a smile on his face? There’s the reason. lol

7 Likes

Looking killer mate, indoors and out. Your grows keep going from strength to strength :muscle:t4:

What’s your theory here? You feel the extra gallons of moist soil pushes the humidity up? Makes sense to me.

Any waves lately bra? Off season here has been off it’s tits, no crowds and consistent swells yew :call_me_hand:t4:

11 Likes