Greasy's Journal

Those are some of the prettiest bud I’ve ever seen.

14 Likes

Not going to see that at the dispensary! lol

9 Likes

Great write up!

Sounds like you got some of the Wookie dominate terpenes. From my limited experience with the Wookie, I remember smelling grapefruit citrusy smells in my Purple Wookie v2. The Wookie packs are all next on my list of Bodhi packs to explore, so thanks again for providing great info. It’s also gonna be cool to see how your other Sun Ra’s turn out, maybe they’ll be a little more SFV OG dominate.

I’m assuming you’ve smoked pure SFV OG, do you think any of the OG qualities remained in the smoke?

10 Likes

I agree. I got tropical and grapefruit smells from the Space Monkey F1 and we all know those smells don’t come from GG4. At some point i need to explore more of the F2.

Excellent report @Greasy :green_heart:

8 Likes

Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

I think I definitely got a Wookie phenotype based on this report that @syzygy found on Breed Bay, especially terp wise! The good for recreation part is what made me think that, along with the grapefruit terps others have noted.
bd0fd01c4d7bf73d7a0c30157481f30d4cc4946e_2_375x500

I have smoked pure SFV OG, and I really don’t see any obvious similarities. For me, I usually notice three things when it comes to OG’s, incredibly dense buds, a high profile that starts with a rush of cerebral activity which then settles into a calming stone, and most often harshness in the smoke, of which I found none of those qualities in this phenotype of Sun Ra. My personal experience with SFV OG is that it is a really chill OG, that initially has the onset of cerebral qualities, that settles into a nice lazy stone, whereas this Sun Ra is get up and go weed, where I feel more comfortable doing an activity, rather than being settled. I do think the indoor pheno that I have curing is so far very different than the outdoor, so we’ll see what she is like when fully cured!

11 Likes

Movin up on the list… thanks for the great review @Greasy!

5 Likes

Sun Ra for a Win :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :fire: :100: :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Thanks guys!

Based on all this feedback to the write up, it sounds like there might be a little interest in a few of these F2’s if everything works out :rofl: I had to temporarily take down my 2x2, so the group got kicked outside. I ended up culling two weaker males, and one female, which leaves us with a final grouping of five females, and one male for this little seed project. I’m hoping to get them back in a tent in a week or two, but so far they’ve been doing OK outdoors. Not seeing much stretch yet, probably due to cold night time temps, but for the purpose of looking for phenos and making seed I think that’s OK!

19 Likes

Sun Ra : day time, get shit done, daddy/mommy/parentx weed

Get your F2’s, now at Greasy’s!

10 Likes

Flower day 24 for the BBMxVBB…

She’s a beaut @Greasy ! Perfect node spacing from top to bottom.

20 Likes

Looking stellar @BeagleZ !!! I can’t take any credit here other than the fact I reproduced them. All the quality comes from AK Bean Brains! Keep up the good work!

11 Likes

Beauty for sure!!! Props :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :fire: :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Hey @Greasy! Here’s some shots of the Vintage BB x BB Muffin. It’s day 44. Smells of Blueberry Muffins…reeks of blueberries. :smile: :v:

!

Here’s one of the Mel Frank GDP. I got a runt but the smells are great and I kept a cut to rerun it bigger

22 Likes

Wow @blkmetal great work! I’m so happy you found that Blueberry scent in those f2s! I think four people have now reported finding that scent. AK Bean Brains really did great work on this strain!

Sorry about the GDP runt. Almost seems to be a bit of a mutant with those three bladed leaves. Hopefully she gives you some nice grapey smoke! Thank you for the update, it’s a great feeling seeing people grow these seeds out!

16 Likes

I’ve still got the Sun Ra’s outside, and they are doing pretty well! The cooler weather has definitely slowed their transition, as they’ve been outside for 14 days on a 12/12 light cycle, but are really just starting to show pistils now. I’m torn on whether or not I’m going to finish my favorite four females inside or not. If i leave them outside they’ll get a full pollination, making way more seeds, as they’ll be right next to the male, but then it will be more challenging to know which plant I favor, and which seeds I want to grow. If I keep them inside and selectively pollinate them, I’ll have a lot less seed, but will be able to sample unseeded tops. Decisions decisions.

The group. I’ve labeled them now 1-6

#1 The most vigorous, and stinkyest female:

#2 The second stinkyest plant. Feedback from @syzygy who has run a number of these packs is that the stinky ones are the winners.

#3 Really nice structure, but not much smell coming from this one yet

#4 Has some stink going on, but less than the other two smelly ones. I thought this one was going to really stretch for me, but so far it hasn’t happened

#5 Was a little bit behind through veg than the others, and doesn’t have any smell at all.

#6, the Male. I think I got a pretty good male here. What do you guys think? He’s very stinky, and potentially is more OG leaning than any of the other plants. Has thinner stems and leaves than the other plants

24 Likes

Sure are lovely plants! Going to have to try this one. Nice work!

3 Likes

Looking great I’m gearing up to do my first pollination in a few week saved 2 lucky charms f2 males that I’m going to make some F3s had 3 males but it wanted to flower early heard that’s not desirable in a selection so I culled it going to hit a few old soul clones too for fun :grin: how long do you leave your males with the girls before you give the Chop them?

6 Likes

Thank you!

I’ve only flowered out a male with my females one time, and I let it hang until it was fully done dropping. That plant ended up being fully seeded, where when harvested it was nothing but shuck, and got like 1k seeds on it. After that, I decided it wasn’t really necessary for my purposes to have that many seeds, so in my other few projects, I’ve basically cut off the flowering branches off the male before the pods open and into a cup of water, and then collected the pollen away from the plants, to selectively pollinate bud sites, which pollinating a couple branches will give me like 100 seeds when the pollen is fresh. When I’ve try to keep the pollen for a few weeks to a month I’ve seen much worse results, but still probably 20 seeds a plant. I’m only a few steps ahead of you in pollinations! Upside of leaving the male around the females for a couple weeks would you be your seed project would be a big success!

8 Likes

A lot of it depends also on how many pistils the females are showing.

I typically only let them pollinate when my females just begin flowering and there’s not so much hairs yet. That gets me small handful of seeds per small plant that got 12/12 light from seed, but also some bud. I aim for about 10-30% of the buds to be seeds.

I look at the female that just started throwing pistils and imagine what a medium to large cola would look like, and then imagine how many of that I want to be seeds, then let the male pollinate when it’s that size for a couple of days, then chop it.

7 Likes

Goji OG F2 (Nepali OG x Snow Lotus) - @syzygy Bodhi reproduction
Nice Structure Pheno
Grown: Outdoor

Bud Shots:

Smell and taste:
Light berry scent. Sweet and mildly fruity with a hint of pine. All very subtle smells that translate into a faint berry, lingering candy like sweetness. Not a lot of flavor, but still very pleasurable to smoke, and incredibly smooth.

Potency and effects:
Pretty mellow strain, not particularly potent. Great for smoking joints. The high washes over both body and mind, bringing on a wave of euphoria that boosts my mood, and provides a relaxing sinking sensation in the shoulders and body. Really calming, centering, inducing a sense of well-being high that I feel is pretty remarkable. Weed that makes me feel more alive and content in my well being.

Overall:
This was a really easy growing, low maintenance plant that grew some well in my local environment given it’s looser bud structure. Just looking at this weed, I wouldn’t buy it, or choose to smoke it compared to other stuff I’ve grown. It’s a little lacking in the flavor department, nice and sweet, and pleasurable, but not loud. But it’s effects are wonderful, and this plant in particular has been my favorite high of all my outdoor plants this season. I found some real gold here in terms of some great, any time of day/night weed that just makes me upbeat, and content, while being able to focus on an activity or sink into the high depending on the situation. If I were only going to grow one kind of weed, it would be something like this.

@syzygy I will put the three different pheno smoke reports together and post in your journal when completed. Thank you again for sharing these seeds!

26 Likes