Greasy's Journal

That sounds amazing, gonna keep my eye out for some seeds.
Thank you for your report!

3 Likes

Awesome review. Thanks for the detailed and quality documentation, impressive pictures as well as your thoughts throughout this grow! Glad you were also to find some of the uplifting effects in the line because to me that was the most impressive aspect of the Goji. Flavor and odor could be improved from the phenos I sampled for sure. Not all of the F2s that I tested had the buzzing positive effects so itā€™s nice to hear you were able to find it in there!

9 Likes

Goji OG F2 (Nepali OG x Snow Lotus) - @syzygy Bodhi reproduction
Stretchy Pheno
Grown: Outdoor

Bud Shots:

Smell and taste:
Has a very floral scent with a bit of sweetness to it, but tastes surprisingly different. Itā€™s earthy, like dirt up front, with a sweet pine finish, and has significantly more flavor than the nice structured pheno. Earthy isnā€™t really my favorite kind of flavor in weed, but I find that it comes with highs that I generally enjoy, like Bubba, so itā€™s growing on me.

Potency and effects:
This pheno is much more potent than the nice structured pheno. It wonā€™t knock you out, but I wouldnā€™t call it mellow. This is the only truly sativa dominant pheno of the three, and I find it to be very uplifting and calming. It has a light body high to it, with a mental state that focuses easily, where I am still quite sharp for having smoked, but can become a little confusing if I overindulge. I sometimes smoke this pheno at lunch on a workday and can get a clean come down without any prolonged fuzziness. I like it better than the outdoor Sun Ra, as it doesnā€™t make me feel manic when smoked in larger quantities. It creates a very unique feeling in my head, where it almost feels like itā€™s expanding ever so slightly like a balloon, kind of cool!

Overall:
Another easy grower. Had about 3x stretch which made me glad that it was outside. Very good potency, paired with interesting earthy/piney flavor with a sativa dominant upbeat and clear high. My only real knock on it, is that it doesnā€™t have that euphoric, mood boosting quality to nearly the same degree as the nice structure pheno, but I donā€™t know if itā€™s fair to judge it for not being a different pheno. The high on this pheno is actually very similar to the Goji I purchased from the dispensary, which also had earthy flavor. I think itā€™s great anytime weed that can enhance my state of mind without taking anything away from my mental capabilities. Glad to have this strain in my stash.

27 Likes

Sounds similar in effect to my Rogue Bush mother.
Itā€™s really nice to have something like this in winter.

Contemplating this, it makes sense to have sativa leaners in winter, upliftment to compensate for the lack of sun, and indica leaners in summer, when you want to slow down anyway in the heat.

Thank you for growing, ingesting and writing. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Beautiful Stellar Flower @Greasy props way to grow :100: :fire: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I moved Sun Raā€™s 1-4 inside earlier this week. They handled the transition back indoors pretty well. Seem to have a little bit of shock at first, and got a weird lime shade of green, which seems to be disappearing after giving them a top dress of craft blend and worm castings. Also have been searching for any signs of sexual instability with the changes, and so far all good. Spending the day with 5 and 6 in my living room as we have a passing storm. #6 the male was showing a real lean so decided to let them come inside. They are now on their 23rd day of flower.

Male Sun Ra looks like itā€™s about ready to start dropping pollen so should be ready to get to some seed making!

Iā€™ve also been working on developing my cloning skills. Itā€™s been more challenging than I thought, but Iā€™ve been soliciting feedback from my fellow growers here on OG, and have been seeing some improvements, and will continue to keep troubleshooting to get my rooting ratio up.

I was able to root 1/4 of my Sun Raā€™s. Lesson learned on the importance of better labeling here, as Iā€™m unclear which Sun Ra I was able to root. Thatā€™ll be a fun little mystery. Other clones in here have come from the generosity of @iamyou_youareme . Back row from left to right is Sun Ra, Double Dosidos, Blueberry, T1000, and Rainbow Beltā€™s 2.0. Theyā€™ll be getting up potted and moved into my former drying tent, and new 2x2. My little place is turning into tent city!

Looks like Iā€™ll have a Grape Pie clone also to add to this mix. Thinking with all the tips Iā€™ve gotten on here Iā€™ll be seeing more of this!

21 Likes

Looking good mate.

I like to keep the vents on my clone dome closed and just open it once or twice a day(30 seconds max) for some air exchange. They need the humidity to open the leaves up and not look droopy. The less you touch them the better, a good mist every 48hrs keeps the hunidity up but try not to wet it too much, this speeds up rooting too I find. I also recommend cutting the tips off the main leaves, that helps leaf rot not to start. Good luck bro

7 Likes

Onward through the fog! We lost quite a character on here. Reinforces life is precious. It was a pleasure to watch his grows and learn about his life.

16 Likes

Update on the BlueberryMuffinXVintageBlueberry

Pics from day 40 of flowerā€¦

The smells are outrageous! Can not wait to sample this one!!

24 Likes

Great job @BeagleZ! Love seeing the frost build up on there, and that the smell is pungent berry! Saw in your log that she grew a little slowly for you. I had the same experience with my F2. Really nice quality in smoke, but it was the lowest yield in my summer outdoor. Canā€™t wait to see them finish! Mine was done really fast in 8 weeks. Curious to see how long yours will go.

10 Likes

Thank you kindly :pray:
Im pretty sure the slow growth was self inflicted in my case but going to have top notch buds none the less.
I think she may go a bit longer, sheā€™s getting almost 200 lower ppfd than the BR and SG so they will most prob come down first and let the 2 shorties finish a week or 2 longer.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been making some candy for the holidays, and think itā€™s coming out quite well.

I have some 25 mg salted caramel squares made with Goji OG butter.

Also have some 10 mg peppermint hard candies

My family had a candy making business in older generations, and I really enjoy being able to continue the tradition of making holiday candies, but with my own MJ added spin. Making candy isnā€™t actually all that hard.

Here is the caramel recipe, where I used infused butter:

If you make this recipe, do not pour onto tin foil like it says, but use parchment paper, will be much easier to peel off when cooled.

And here is the hard candy recipe, where I triple the amount of flavoring:
https://www.cannadish.net/how-to-make-cannabis-hard-candy-with-thc-or-cbd/

23 Likes

Those look pretty killer. My favorite edible that Iā€™ve made myself have also been salted caramels. The cooked herb taste seemed to blend the best with all the browned sugar. With plenty of salt on top, it was quite the combo!

Thatā€™s cool your family has a history of candy making. I found it a little tricky, trying not to burn the sugar and get it to the right temp. Like everything, it helps if you have the right equipment, a candy thermometer was essential in my case, because I have no idea wtf Iā€™m doing.

What other candies have you tried to infuse with THC? Iā€™ve never tried to do gummies, and was thinking about giving that a shot at some point.

11 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m just an amateur, but my grandfather made assorted boxes of candies every year for Christmas with like 20 different kinds of candy in them. They were badass. I hope to continue learning how to make different varieties. A candy thermometer for both of these recipes is absolutely necessary, as the ranges for good or bad candy are in pretty small margins of temperature. It took me a few recipes to find one that I didnā€™t burn or have trouble with consistency, so caramel probably isnā€™t the best first time candy making recipe as it can be a little tricky. I admittedly tried three other recipes out before settling on this one. I find that recipes that include heavy cream turn out better, but are more challenging to make than those that require just evaporated milk as the source of cream.

Iā€™ve done gummies, peanut butter cups, and infused chocolate as well. I think I prefer hard candies to gummies as you get higher faster sucking on them, and I donā€™t love gelatin. The peanut butter cups are awesome. I infused the chocolate and peanut butter both with canna coconut oil, and they can get pretty strong. They just donā€™t travel well so I canā€™t send them out to people. Itā€™s fun trying new recipes, but also requires patience as most likely the first time or two it wonā€™t go that well.

10 Likes

thatā€™s awesome! My grandfather was a candy maker, and also learned from family tradition. He was very serious about it- he used to regularly win awards for his fudge and peanut brittle, which were old recipes from Ireland. He had these giant slabs of marble that he used to pour the candy onto to cool, shape, and set the fudge and hard candy.

Unfortunately he wouldnā€™t teach us any of his recipes, I guess when he was a kid his brother was burned badly and that made him very protective / cautious.

9 Likes

Incredible jobā€¦ Interested to see what other edibles you end up experimenting with!

7 Likes

My outdoor Sun Ra female is growing some beautiful pink pistils. Think this is the first time Iā€™ve grown a plant with pink pistils!

25 Likes

Nice! You think itā€™s maybe from the cooler weather weā€™ve been getting down here lately? Itā€™s been cold as fuck in my neighborhood lately, getting down into the high-30ā€™s at night.

7 Likes

What OG is in the sun ra?

looks very similar to the harborside oakland Deadhead OG I used to grow outdoor in SF.

That was SFV OG x Chem 4

17 Likes

Pretty sure itā€™s the SFV. Very interesting youā€™re seeing similarities between it and the SFV x Chem 4 that you grew.

11 Likes