Great Lake Genetics

If we find a mouse in our house today, it might be the first mouse. But maybe there’s been mice all along and this is just the first mouse we’ve seen.

6 Likes

Not picking sides on this issue, but If you read the description about the azad Kashmir, GLG states:

“There are 20 random mix pack sets. So there is pack 1 of 2 and pack 2 of 2. They are labeled. I did this because there was 3 plants that made late season anthers.

Pack 1 of 2 has 15 seeds with an extra. All were stable through a 14 week flower period.

Pack 2 of 2 has 5 seeds with an extra. These showed late season anthers from 80 - 90 days in flower.”

Pack 2 did herm 80-90 days into flowering.

12 Likes

Well that’s interesting :thinking:
The 100 pack listing doesn’t say anything at all, just 100 seeds enjoy… I don’t see the original listing still on there but if that’s what it said…yeah.

So this means those 5 seeds in the separate pack aren’t hermie seeds themselves, they’re legit, but the plants they came out of hermied at 80-90 days during seed development… which most of us it seems haven’t heard of happening. Interesting :thinking:

3 Likes

Tejas has it right, I read the same thing…

G

2 Likes

What I was thinking happened ,is that 15 seeds were taken off of plants that never showed any hermy Tendencies at all. 5 more seeds we’re taking off of plants that showed hermie Tendencies late in flower.

I understand your frustration. Have you talked with the breeder to see if they will work something out? I haven’t even received my seeds yet, so I don’t know for sure I got the same thing , but I assume I did.

2 Likes

I don’t think they were seeds of the self pollination. I think these were seeds from the same males that pollinated the other plants, only they came off of females that later Hermied in flower.

Sorry about that. I didn’t see what you had said. I agree with you. I also agree with @DiggySoze that there could be a chance of any plant grown from this batch of seeds turning into a hermaphrodite if growing indoors. I don’t know if this would be a common occurrence Outdoors or not, but it’s certainly possible. Lolab valley Kashmir has males that later produce female flowers and self pollinate. Apparently this only occurs in the male line. This is what makes a worked landrace so special. You don’t have the Heartbreak of watching a whole entire room full of females pollinated by some male pollen Sac you didn’t see. There are many plants tossed out, or otherwise unfavorable and not used, for every gem pulled out and used in future Generation. It’s a lot of work, and a little bit of heartbreak too.

Not sure. It should have many of the same qualities Kashmir has, but from a different region. Genetics from this neck of the woods haven’t been seen very often, if at all.

2 Likes

Hope you all don’t mind if we continue the conversation in this thread. It seems more relevant to GLG business practices than to any particular genetic line.

4 Likes

I have had some major issues with GLG. One in particular that stands out was a couple of months ago when I ordered some Pine Tar Gush from @Tonygreen Tony’s Tortured Beans. The URL on their site literally said “/pine-tar-gush-each-pack-will-include-2-ten-packs-of-ptk-x-gb/” and when I received my package there was only one package of ten seeds, and when I pointed it out they told me it was a mistake and that they would noftify their web guy, and he changed the URL on their site. Not very good business practice if you ask me. They should have sent me another pack of PTG seeds in my opinion, since that is why I ordered it, thinking it was a great deal. Bait and switch. Don’t get me wrong, Pine Tar Gush always appealed to me, but when I saw that URL it’s what caused me to finally pull the trigger, and I am glad I have the seeds, I just wish I had ten more :monkey_face:

18 Likes

I ran into that but ordered it while the promo was active. I forget. It was around this time last year, I think. Maybe closer to x-mas. Didn’t receive the promo.

I didn’t get too worked up about it since I’ve ordered plenty from GLG and they generally come through better than the other options.

Not that it’s right. I’ve had purchases from other vendors where I’ve pulled the trigger for the same reasons … and the vendor fails on the promo (e.g. “will supplies last”). I usually just put them further down my list of options.

7 Likes

Yea. Thats kinda fucked man. They still usually have the best freebies nad the best selection of bodhi beans though. I have had some fire come out of those bad dawg packs. But, some new guy runs the site as of the last year or 2 now and he has came across a bit short with me a couple of times over email. Its hard to judge someones attitude through text though. I inquired about a 3 week old order with no update. Still said on hold. The guy replied with a screenshot of the disclaimer on the site saying not to inquire about orders over email. Fuck that man. 3 weeks with no update when i sent my payment with tracking and i know you got it 3 weeks ago. Whatever though. They have to know about the 2018 farm bill that makes selling seeds legal so why cant i ask about my damn order. Silly as all hell. Oh well though. I like their freebies and im a pretty patient guy. JBC is way quicker though and has better payment options and much better costumer service in my opinion.

9 Likes

This is similar to the problems I have had with them. Still bummed I didn’t get my bodhi freebie on the last order I placed with buy 2 get 1 promo. I don’t think they have an excuse on that one either, because it wasn’t a limited time promo. Bodhi seeds are always buy 2 get 1 free.

I don’t have much money, so paying $140 and only getting 2 packs instead of 3 really made that into a rough deal for me.

I used to get great service from them before I had to make a new account after they switched to their new website. I had made several large orders with the previous account, and this was my first order on the new account. It really makes it seem like they only give good service to high volume clients, and don’t mind screwing people over on a small order.

8 Likes

What freebie did you want @zephyr?

3 Likes

Just found my email invoice, looks like it would have been the black triangle freebie love gift (aka grade 2 seeds, slightly pale).

3 Likes

Might be able to work something out if you want some BT beans.

5 Likes

Thanks tommy, I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Really appreciate the offer.
I think I might be getting some black triangle f2’s in a pending trade with a breedbay member, but it’s been a while since I last heard from them. If that doesn’t pan out, I’ll drop you a line and we can work out a trade.

2 Likes

That was a mistake for sure. When they first dropped they were bogo. They sold out so fast and guys wanted more. In the mean time I sent a bunch back to verdant green and got lost so I had only a few left after I resent to keep my word. They were so popular I wanted to get more people a chance to get them so I sent single packs at 75. The listing was pulled back from.zombieland for pics and description and looks like the promo reactivated. Sorry to hear that. If I had them available I would shoot ya some now but after all that I have just enough to do a decent selection for f3s. If you hit me up when those come out I got you brotha!

13 Likes

I’m working on the karma g collaboration atm, then gb bx6 fems then ptg. see above post. Real sorry about that!

8 Likes

That’s understandable,and GLG should have updated their site, I don’t hold you accountable for that in the least. You are very generous, and I would love some F3s when you get them :monkey_face: but as I said I don’t hold any ill will for you, or for GLG for that matter, I was just reporting various issues with GLG, and this was not the only one. I still order from them, since they are in my state, and they also have the best prices usually, but with the firm understanding that something may go terribly wrong with my order, such as switching up the promised freebies, or wording their ads oddly (“buy one get one” sometimes means you get a pack of the breeders packs and sometimes it means bad dawg genetics, you are never really sure which one it is until checkout, or when you get your pkg) and even once mailing me someone else’s package by mistake, and then asking me to mail it back, etc… I think that perhaps they may be sampling the Bad Dawg Genetics a bit too much :clown_face: :seedling: :evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

I would of called my bank and did a reverse payment on half the money for the pack. Not cool. Or returned it.
Why should you literally pay for some one not doing their job.

3 Likes