Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

Maybe and hopefully :rofl: but to be fair my last order from the USA the postage was MORE than the mega crop cost.

3 Likes

hi, the postage includes VAT also, its already customs cleared inventory for UK and EU customs zone. Shipping for that same size from USA would be over $70, and you also have to wait 1-2 weeks, deal with customs (potentially have to pay extra VAT, although we mark the packages low cost to avoid this), etc… So its about 20% cheaper and you should receive in about 1-2 days.

So overall its quite a good improvement in experience compared to ordering and getting shipped overseas. Also we matched the UK price with USA price so we aren’t jacking up the price for Europe .

Also, if that is too expensive, we have the 2500g size which makes quite a good deal of nutrients for only 24 pounds and shipping is much cheaper.

3 Likes

I grow perpetual so the larger size is required. I’ll speak to a friend that I gave a kilo tester to see if we could split a bag between us. It works out around £9.90 per kilo all in. It’s more like a 10% saving than 20% compared to what I paid last year so it’s still saving a little. For me paying the £100 cash isn’t the problem.
You could massively reduce the postage costs. I’ve just tried a comparison site and this is the prices it came up with for a 10kg delivery.
Parcels2go

Uk post office (Royal Mail)

Yodel

They save us uk customers around £20 on the postal amounts bringing it down to less than £80 all in. But this is only if you have stock within the UK.

3 Likes

the shipping cost is shipping + VAT + warehouse cost, and the shipping is 12kg weight with packaging and box. It costs quite a bit of money to setup the new presence in EU so the price is a bit more expensive.

As far as our end, we do not not make any more money from EU sales. Also, make sure to use coupon code.
Right now you can use MEGACROP for 5% discount, and if you have an IG account you can get 10-50%+ discount.

Also, we are planning to setup a special coupon for this site as well!

7 Likes

New grower, and been using Megacrop and love it. Have their full line now so just learning how to dial it all in.

Anyway I use Autopots and is it normal to keep lowering my PH twice a day in my res? It increases from 5.8 to 6 within 24hrs. Just curious if this is normal. ty

4 Likes

Yes, that’s normal it has a tendency to creep up. Northern_Loki has a thread here that goes into it very scientifically:

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll read up on that when I have time.

4 Likes

HI, we have a new coupon code anyone can use here, as promised to help make it less expensive! 10% discount, which is more than the 5% MegaCrop one

Forum10

5 Likes

Thanks @GreenleafNutrients. I will be ordering some next week. How long will the code be valid?? I know I seem a bit of a pain in my posts but like everyone I’m always looking for the cheapest option or best deal I can get. It’s just human nature lol

4 Likes

hopefully we hope to have this permanent, have a permanent type of discount for our online forum supporters. So for now it will be open coupon until we do some drastic overhaul or something.

We are looking to lower our prices in the future, once we can scale up a bit and have more volume sales we can lower prices to help gain market share!

8 Likes

Weird question, but how much mega crop do you guys make/sell in an average month? Is it like pounds, or tons??

I’d love a factory tour lol

4 Likes

ballpark estimate 2 tons per month

(compared to Veg+Bloom or General Hydroponics/Advanced Nutrients thats a drop in the bucket)

9 Likes

Whoa! That’s alotta mega crop… really cool!

3 Likes

Thanks for everything GN! You have a loyal fan in oleskool!

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

We are definitely growing like crazy since we released Mega Crop, about 19 months ago. But still a drop in the bucket compared to the big dogs. As our volume goes up, the price will lower and lower to become closer to the actual cost of the fertilizer. Our goal is aggressive market share increase currently.

That involves

1. Setting up eCommerce warehouse shipping from Canada/UK/Europe for quick local shipping. (completed this month!)
  2. Getting active store presence in physical hydro-shops. This is a lot harder, since we have no official distributor with the big names, so right now is basically stores have to contact us to be interested and we will set them up with wholesale prices. We are probably in less than 5 stores worldwide currently, since this has a long way to go.

So stage 2) is now our focus moving forward. We will setup some “bounty finders fee” program for the community soon, so people can talk to their local hydro-shop, setup some orders and they get credit for doing so

8 Likes

Good stuff. I hit up the local store today, one of the bigger ones in Ontario and gave them the lowdown on your product.

Have you thought about hitting some of the conventions? Big one coming in June in Toronto.

5 Likes

Ya, I’ve yet to see mega crop in a grow store…they should know about it. Do you advertise in any trade publications like maximum yield,or whatever else is cool these days?

Growing expos are always good to meet larger store owners, and sending reps around with samples, although expensive, can be pretty effective too.

There are shops in BC and Ontario/QC that are selling absolute TONS of nutrients, even getting a few of them would probably be huge. The Canadian industry might be bigger than you’d expect…

Anyways I’m sure you guys have all this figured out lol

4 Likes

Yeah, Canada potentially could be one of the biggest Cannabis growing markets worldwide, especially once they start exporting!

No trade shows, magazines or anything currently. Those routes all do increase exposure, but are fairly expensive and we don’t want to increase prices just based on inflated advertising budgets, so we are trying to work something closer to the ground to keep prices low!

11 Likes

Anybody find they have to add extra calcium or magnesium with the V.2?

4 Likes

I add extra mag (1/4 tsp epsom per gallon). I’d add extra cal as well if I had a form that didn’t add nitrogen, my plants would probably appreciate it.

6 Likes