Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

I just cracked a few A/R seeds today, I run Jacks, anything I should watch out for?

Warning!!! I had thrown left over Megacrop in my favorite Black Bacarra Rose bush back in the summer. At first it responded beautifully as if it loved it then it got wonky, started acting strange. I only threw it in there maybe once or twice. 4 months later the plant seemed to have recovered and starts growing and looking beautiful until it starts blooming again. The Megacrop killed the plant and now only the graft remains. Donā€™t try this product on any of your ornamental plants! Lesson learned. My favorite 10 year old rose bushā€¦ death by Megacrop. RIP to my gorgeous black roses.

3 Likes

interesting, how do you think Mega Crop did damage to your plants? just curious

1 Like

Not plants, just one rose bush. Iā€™ve had that particular rose bush for 10 years. Never had any disease or problems with it. After it initially looked a bit boosted, about 2 weeks later it sorta went dormant (Iā€™m in Southern California, rose bushes donā€™t go dormant here). for about 2 months then resumed growing like gang busters. Roses are grafted. It simply killed the rose bush and only the original graft plant remains. I canā€™t tell you why it didnā€™t like it, but it didnā€™t. I really donā€™t believe it is just a coincidence since I have many rose bushes and that was the only one I changed anything on.

You tell me?? Either way. Iā€™m still gonna use your product on my cannabis, cuz it works great, but iā€™m never using the leftovers in the rest of my garden again. Damn! It was my favorite rose bush.

1 Like

Thats too bad. If anything that caused the death, would probably be an overdose of NPK that it wasnā€™t able to handle properly
RIP Sweet Rose bush :sob:

4 Likes

It either made the grafted plant overperform and take over the bush or killed the bush first and the graft took over. Lesson learned.

1 Like

Hey GL!

I often see people mentioning old and new formulations etc.

Whatā€™s the low down - is the current formulation here to stay for a while or is it worth waiting a little before purchasing?

When you say ā€œleft overā€ - what does that mean? Had it been circulated through a hydro system and this was what was in the rez when you dumped it? Or is this extra you mixed up but never used? Or did you just toss out some powdered mega crop you didnt ever use?

1 Like

Iā€™ve used MegaCrop on my yard plants many times without issues. I donā€™t have any roses though.

:48:

1 Like

I mixed too much at once.

1 Like

Hi @GreenleafNutrients, Happy New Year!

How is Canadian distribution looking for 2019?

2 Likes

hi, Canada is up and live now! We have like 500 stock of inventory at a few different locations within Canada, for quick delivery! (UK/EU coming Feb/March this year)

Also, we are running a new promo for the MEGA CROP 2.0 formula. The new formula was officially released December 15 2018, so we want everyone who wants to try it (again?) able to do so for FREE + shipping

See flyer below for details!

11 Likes

I am still completely ignorant as far as nute ratios, etc, but that all sounds good to me :slight_smile: Ive been having to add cal-mag, so the extra you added might eliminate that need.

I have recently been having PH issues and just started looking into ā€œbufferingā€ in general. I still have no clue, but do you folks have any built-in buffering in the new mix? If so, what is the target PH?

If not, then do you have any suggestions as far as specific products, and amounts, that can be added in order to buffer Mega Crop so it tends to stay in the 5.5-6.0 range in a hydro setup?

2 Likes

Some folks with some of the new LED lighting apparently have higher Mag/Cal demands, which was more than expected when we released the original MEGA CROP in 2017. (especially with certain hungry strains coupled with media).

So, we just made it so you are much less likely going to have to add in any separate products for CalMag. Also, similarly, we boosted PK so it functions better in flower/bloom without needing to add in special PK boosters.

We really are trying to improve it and make it the best Cannabis specific formula available, and will continue to make any adjustments in the future if needed. Try again the 750g size free + shipping!

Also, we lowered the price on 12 of 13 main core products, so especially for smaller growers, you donā€™t have to feel obligated to buy 22lbs to get the good pricing! So you can buy the size you need for a reduced cost now (just standard everyday rate, no coupons needed).

7 Likes

Yay, ordering now! Looking forward to giving this a bash

1 Like

Thanks for the new formula discount deal. You have my order.
:smiley:

1 Like

Will you have two different feeding / elemental calculators available for the different formulations? Thanks.

1 Like

I ordered another sample to try out the new formulation, thanks. Hopefully this new formulation will solve the issues I was having :smile:

Kind of wish I hadnā€™t bought the twenty pound size originally, though. It was WAY more than I needed, I just wanted that price point, and now I have so much left over :wink:

2 Likes

i put it in my broadcast spreader and hit the lawn with the last of it a few months agoā€¦watered it in and the yard looks well fedā€¦wont ever switch away from what works againā€¦have you seen my flowersā€¦thats the green grass on my side of the fenceā€¦no need to ever hop the fence againā€¦it dont get any greener than where I am at.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll give the new stuff a try since itā€™s free. I am frustrated with the difficulty getting it to dissolve, the smeg floating on top, and the pH issues. I like the results and simplicity of MegaCrop.

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like