Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

Hey Nitt, I wanted to save folks some time & I compiled tables and simple formulas for some brands of nutrients (G.H., A.N. & other stuff) I used. The OG site only accepts pdf uploads (no Excel) so I left my project incomplete.You’ll have to make yer own spreadsheet using the tables. I find it invaluable for tweaking nutes to the plants needs.

Nutrient PPM Calculator.pdf (52.4 KB)

3 Likes

We have an Elemental PPM calculator on our website here:

https://greenleafnutrients.com/feeding-calculator/#1503551740849-5add0c8a-5261

1 Like

Hey @Yooper,

Oh, ok. So you took the manufacturers label information, entered it all into an online nutrient profile calculator, got the elemental ppm values, and just entered them into a spreadsheet table? Is that right? You the spreadsheet doesn’t do any calcs or anything it’s just like a table for reference (of added products)?

Either way, take a look at this thread:

The poster, @Renfro has put a great deal of effort and work into making an excell based calculator. It’s incredibly feature rich…it’s actual very impressive. Improvements are being made. He’s put out over a dozen verions/updates and any help is appreciated, the more eyes the better :wink:
Great read as well.

You can download the excell file and play around with it.

Thanks.

Edit: I don’t like how the link above was added with ‘preview’ of the content/material at the link. It takes up too much space too. How can I change that, anyone? Thank you.

4 Likes

That is an excellent ‘service’ or bit of info to provide to people. It’s great.
I, personally, just also want something to “have”, where I can enter data/label info/etc and get the elemental nutrient profile(s) in columns side by side to be able to compare things. Also, this would allow people to make “tweaks” to particular regimens or products “on paper” to create an overall nutrient profile they’d like to target by manipulating input levels, and seeing what the actual elemental result will be.
I hope I didn’t make that less coherent by long windedness. Lol.

Oh, PS: Check out the little calculator project @Renfro is working on (pretty much done) over at the link I posted, if you like. :slight_smile:
Thanks.

3 Likes

@GreenleafNutrients

Is MegaZyme fully water soluble? It says if you’re using the base (megacrop) you don’t need to add it. Is it in V1? Is it in V2?
I’m interested in it but if it’s water soluble, or just “flowable” or something like that (not that that’s necessarily bad).

Thanks.

1 Like

yes, it is water soluble and MegaCrop does have enzymes

3 Likes

It says do not freeze (in all caps, bold) on the megazyme pdf. Should I wait until spring to order if I want to? Haha. Serious question though (in canada). (I’m pretty sure they stop shipping stuff like hygrozyme after a certain month to here, probably sept or oct. lol).

2 Likes

Um, I’m pretty sure the shipping trucks are at least somewhat heated, as long as you didn’t leave it outside I don’t think it would freeze or damage the enzymes. Also you could just order Mega Crop instead!

3 Likes

You sure would think/hope so, wouldn’t ya? Haha.
Thanks.

3 Likes

So, you’re on megacrop V2 and you’re going to completely switch nutrients to maxibloom for flower (second week). That’s a little concerning, lol. Could you explain why please? Lacking in one or more of the n-p-k or what?

So at 9gr/Gal this is your elemental n-p-k-ca-mg?:

Looks like a lot of N for flower, and a lot of K for…anytime? Lol, I duno.
To get 100ppm of P would be insane levels of N and K wouldn’t it?

I’m seeing something somewhat similar. How’d you do with upping MC to 1.8 and beyond? Haha.

4 Likes

A few pics of an issue.
Megacrop V1, 80f, 50% RH, HLG LEDs - about 500ppfd, rockwool, Tap water: 50ppm, Feeding started at about 600ppm (incl. tap, 500scale) as that’s what plants got on flora nova bloom prior. Started doing 1gr/L and up to 1.3 gr/L now over the last few days. They were fed 1.4gr/L today.

pH was being set to about 5.7. Test with a meter, to get me close and always double checked with pH drops kit. So it’s been consistent. Now being set at what looks closer to 5.9/6.0, partly because P should be more available(?).

Anyway, the purple petioles and partial stem is one thing, but this leaf drop - not clawing - but drooping or downward curl is progressing, coupled with the oddest thing, the disfigured or twisting leaf fingers - which is also seeming to get worse.

The N/green of the plant looks fine. It doesn’t look burnt. There’s one pic of a leaf where one finger flipped over 180 degrees. 36 hours later, max, and I see a deficiency (splotch) on the same leaf, different finger. Also, a top leaf I plucked now how deep dark copper/purple area(s) on it… phosphorus deficiency?

I thought there was a micronutrient that could cause warped/disfigured leaves in excess/deficient amounts, or pH also. It’s not pH. Plants are at least 2 months old, clones recently taken from top due to height. They took off with growth when megacrop was started, they clearly like it or something about it. Haha.

4 Likes

hmm, its hard to say exactly what is going on here. The only thing I can suggest is to increase the dose a bit. From the pictures, the plants look healthy green but potentially could take a higher dose, which might clear up any small potential deficiencies.

So you did say you increased to 1.4 grams per Liter today, so I would stick with that for a week or so, and see if you notice anything else weird going on! See how it goes from there, and update with anything new progress!

2 Likes

Ok, but that twisting and curl/droop happened since MC, and affects all plants. Since MC, the leaves have become more “lush” though, more ruffles/texture to them, if you know what I mean?

They’ll get 1.4g/L MC, and .25g/L MgSO4 next feed. That should be around this [EDIT: This info here is from the V2 formulation, Not V1]:

Actually, 1.5g/L of MC looks similar to a generic veg nutrient profile I recently saw except twice as much K.

Mel Frank’s: 100N-100P-200K-60Mg (or actually, I think it was: 122N-99P-171K-68M) suggested for “all stages” for what it’s worth.
Link to cannastats: http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

2 Likes

I switched back to the kiss method with maxibloom. I think there is maybe to much N in MC for my liking that was giving me super leafy and stemmy plants. I did buy the new version but, I’m pretty sure it’s in the old bag so, I don’t know if the percentages have changed.

4 Likes

you can add in a PK boost if you think the N is too high

2 Likes

Thanks. I have been using liquid kool bloom with the maxi. Is the N percentage the same in the V.3?

2 Likes

The product data is all available on the website., its 9.5% Nitrogen.

LKB is 0-10-10

2 Likes

Duh! I was just on the website to lol! Thanks again.

2 Likes

:expressionless: This is what I feared. Damn. Here’s maxibloom at 7gr/Gal (Lucas ratio):

megacrop at 7gr/Gal:

Look like the N is too high. But the K is high as well, so if one reduces megacrop to reduce N, and then adds PK booster, they might still have too much K… Sigh.

2 Likes

Lucas formula is not an ideal formula to grow cannabis. Its just something very easy to do with easily available ingredients (GH series) that works OK.

3 Likes