Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

Lord knows I have bad days and this not at anyone in specific just not really overgrowish.

2 Likes

@GreenleafNutrients when are you gonna re-stock your UK :uk: warehouse .?
Seems a lot of small packs are ā€œsold-outā€.
Gaz

1 Like

once this Brexit soap opera is settled

1 Like

Hi am also in uk , curious to try have used GHE powders and veg+bloom , the latter seems pricey ā€¦ What has brexit got to do with you importing to the uk directly when you not,in Europe , unless you ship elsewhere first and then here ? Itā€™s frustrating not having a source in uk ā€¦

1 Like

We can ship all of our items from USA to UK directly.

But what about you just said after brexit ?sorry to ask but one post says brexit and after and now itā€™s ok, confusing ā€¦

it has to do with import laws

1 Like

Cool prob the labels be changed or something ? Hope itā€™s quick and you donā€™t miss the opportunity if we do LEAVE, all other European nutrient companies prices will go up , canna already 12% increase at wholesale before we leave lol ā€¦ So you in a good position if you can get some here .

At least now I understand why he was banging on about it. Thanks for that.

For all that he keeps banging on about it what puzzles me the most is the low P number. I mean compared to the results you had in the Grass Monkey thread it is very surprising. It should not be about using the buildup either since I am learning to flush salts periodically to keep those roots healthy.

Edit: What I mentioned earlier is that it seems to be about the roots. Naturally since they are the source of most of the ions.

2 Likes

Jacks PK number is .46 ratio.
Our PK number is .41 ratio.

Actually they are very similar numbers. If you want a higher ratio, our new Bud Explosion product is 0-26-37 and also contains secondary elements, so if you want to boost it higher based on your preferences, that option is available with 1 extra product. (Mega Crop + Bud Explosion)

2 Likes

Noā€¦it is wanting to understand how you get results like that with such a P numberā€¦not looking for another product.

1 Like

Why do you think the Mega Crop P number is wrong? That seems to be what you are implying.

1 Like

Youā€™re being so evasive why donā€™t you just say why itā€™s that number lol

3 Likes

Exactly. I did not say it was wrong. I want to understand how you get such great results in bud with such a low arse number.

2 Likes

On what basis do you make the claim that P number is low?

Let me just reason it out from inference then.

Those numbers are not needed to be 1/1/1 or 2/2/2 as we expect from the literature we generally consume. A plant changes itā€™s needs and MC provides at all stages a better than average solution of ions for plant nutrition.

Potassium which is the thing which makes our own muscles work is also the primary nutrient needed for a good root system. If the root system is large and healthy it will take all the plant needs from the soil. Nitrogen is reqā€™d at all stages so the chlorophyll can make energy for plant growth whether that is buds and stems or leaf and stem.

We are using this product because it is an excellent all in one solution. There will of course be compromises when you do that.

5 Likes

Mendocino Hydro I have found to be equivalent to Jacks at minimum and the calnit can be omitted by using Growmore Nitrogen Free cal-mag at around the typical 5ml to a gallon and double for the heavier flowering plants.

So far Grow More Mendocino products have been the best bang for the buck since I started avoiding General Hydroponics products after the corporate buy out.

2 Likes

Mendocino Hydro is 5-11-26, which is lower PK ratio than Jacks.
Also it only has 3% Magnesium (which is quite low since you also dilute with other products)

So you would certainly need to use

1. Grow More Mendocino base
  2. Calcium Nitrate
  3. and/or their N-Cal-Mag product

is this the CalMag product you are talking about? It definitely does contain N

Actually this is a pretty good option, and the 5-11-26 price is reasonable. The only issue is with their extra CalMag product, it seems like once you are forced to start using their liquid products, the price advantage is lost with inefficient liquid fertilizer.

1 Like

I love the idea of a 2 part to better be able to tweak the amounts for certain plants. Iā€™m mostly through my second run with only MC and I have had pretty good overall success with most plants but there has been a few plants that are hard to please like a pakistani hybrid that seems to hate nitrogen when the other plants are doing just fine and could easily handle more. Also some plants getting rust spots but I think thatā€™s also due to learning how to use the product.

I do appreciate the product constantly being improved by feedback. I started with the v1 and I have had a bit more general success with the v2. Was going to get another big bag of the v3 but I think Iā€™ll hold off for a 2 part which hopefully might be on the way. The price point is what originally swayed me away from what I was using at the time (NPK Raw) which was insanely expensive to grow even a small amount of plants not to mention pretty difficult to source where I live. I have plenty of leftover but every time I get more Iā€™ll just retire the older versions to my outdoor food garden or give to some friends.

Pic of some I believe aunt of farouk x sensi star at 5 weeks. Smells like berry candy/those fun dip sticks lol

Not world class buds by any means but Iā€™m a relatively new grower and always learning.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience.
And looks good, man.

4 Likes