Greenpoint Seeds

Cherry Wine and Colorado Cherry by Tree of Life Seeds/Greenpoint were the first CBD dominant ~20:1 CBD:THC ratio hemp varieties available in seed form. All the CBD crew stuff and high CBD before that were Type 2 intermediate plants (I believe specifically so people couldn’t recreate CBD dominant lines easily, because they had to have CBD dom parent lines to make the intermediates).

Tree of Life and Greenpoint parted ways ~2016-2017 sometime.

Cherry Wine is a very sativa population that is pretty variable. Cherry Wine dominated the hemp market 2015-2017 and is still very common (or lines derived from it).

So yes. Cherry Wine is hemp.

5 Likes

I really don’t know about this. I was buying cbd flower before 2016 and Cherry wine has almost never been sold by any reputable hemp/cbd flower dealer since or after.

Most reputable cbd flower dealers, like fields of hemp, apical greens, starseed, etc. sold other, actually good cbd lines like
Suver Haze
Special Sauce
Sour Space Candy
Therapy
AC/DC
BoAx

Seeds can be readily found of these even back then. I had a bunch I sent mister :honeybee: last year.

4 Likes

I’ve seen good Cherry lines. Especially in the Colorado Cherry.

Therapy was CBD-crew, but it came later and Oregon CBD claimed they hadn’t fixed the ratio properly.

Suver Haze, Special Sauce, Sour Space Candy are all Oregon CBD (all share the same pollen donor parent line). I think they started selling seed ~2016 (I am sure it is in this thread, but I don’t want to look through it).

AC/DC was a clone-only Cannatonic from Resin Seed Co (Spain) passing around the west coast in ~2010s. Harlequin (also a clone-only) was also around about then.

SoHum seeds put out Sour Tsunami around 2014-2015 as well, but you had to buy it from physical dispensaries in CA (I bought Harle-Tsu seed and an AC/DC clone at Grass in Garberville (later wonderland))

1 Like

I dont think you could ‘readily find seed’ of these back then. I was looking.

1 Like

you definitely could if you bought the flower :sweat_smile:
There’s also been a few guys on reddit from the farms out in oregon that were sitting on them and sometimes willing to share. The farms out there usually had to buy the seeds by the thousands in order to get the strain at all as the seed makers wouldn’t(couldn’t?) sell any less than that amount. Pretty sure that was before 2016 but I’m too lazy to track everything down so I could be wrong. I know at the time, the general public could not buy them, and definitely not from out of state regardless.

You’re 100% accurate ^^

3 Likes

ok here is an update on the Mentos i said i would provide…
no issues and she is always praying… coming along nicely.

and it looks like GPS is back to discounting all of their seeds again. Just got a 40% off everything email that reminded me of this thread…

i do think i need to add that the other 2 girls that are sharing her room are looking nicer for the record…
a pic of my BigDetEn

15 Likes

Have the Cherry Wine F2. Waiting for the trics to go cloudy.

21 Likes

Oh man, I think you’re the first and only person I’ve ever seen that possibly got something decent out of those Cherry Wine F2s

9 Likes

Very true! Those are beautiful, and it looks stiky af
Good job @bunny

3 Likes

I am really impressed by them. If they can deliver on the CBD without much THC life will be good. For some reason I dis not manage to get a cone off them though. Might have been me not trying hard enough. I crossed a male with a Dinamed CBD and the leaf structure is more Cherry Wine, which I like. We will see what comes out of the pairing.

@Indoornesian They are sticky and looking at them with the scope shows a forest.

5 Likes

This looks great and was exactly what I was hoping to see with some that I planted this past summer. Unfortunately two were male, one hermed, and the last female had small somewhat airy buds and never stood a chance with the onslaught of the hungry caterpillars that attacked. Seeing this does make me want to give it another try though, well done.

2 Likes

Grew them with coco and MiracleGro, no fancy feed. I hope the seeds I produced will do as well, I am growing in soil this time so we will see.

2 Likes

Pebblepusher at 9 1/2 weeks

20 Likes

Looking good nice fat buds .

4 Likes

I do have a smaller plant. The ones in the picture are at least 4’ tall. I have one under 2’ and the buds are about half the size. Real nice looking though. It does make sense having the bigger plant with bigger buds. Mind you, they might be larger if I had less branches. Either way I am happy so far with the seeds. I would think in a week or two they should be ready.

2 Likes

Adding to the long list…

I had GPS Bodega Bubblegum hermie on me.

10 Likes

Saw that in your bubblegum run thread and the GPS response was pretty funnny :upside_down_face:

Okay, so I went on trust pilot and left a really bad review of greenpoint based on 1 pack of failed seeds
failure was my error… and gu’s responses to others I have read… after a day someone called me and asked what’s the deal? I explained everything… including the 1st seeds purple aliens failing because of me… they went on to explain that they have completely revamped the whole place… new breeders…everything… then they offered me 50 usd of seeds of my choice… I chose purple punch … I wanted to get greenpoint back out there as someone to try… no hermies no attitudes no bs anymore with greenpoint… they went on to explain about genetics… and also the type of soil they use to grow… STA… no special nutes or hype just sta soil and grow… I found that they really are not the same company as before… I believe they deserve another chance after talking with that lady and hearing everything they do and don’t do… anybody try them recently? If not I suggest it just once because of their quality… and seeming dedication

6 Likes

:laughing:

So they gave you $50 to spend on seeds. You got one pack. ONE PACK! And from that - you are now prepared to claim “no hermies” for their entire lineup of seeds - which is well known to be full of hermies? :rofl:

Regarding the “no attitudes no bs anymore” - may I ask: since when? Because it wasn’t that long ago that Gu came here talking smack about other breeders, and worse: revealing personal information about customers who were critical of him/his business.

22 Likes

How long ago?