Greenpoint Seeds

Oh see once again… so go look at reviews of Mark though… this proves my point… it’s very hard to know unless you’re in this type of community… every review is over the top saying amazing service amazing genetics bla bla bla… I’d like to get to the truth of who’s all good and who’s all bad for real… I bought 5 packs from GPS and 3 or 4 from ilgm in the beginning… immediately regretted ilgm… and then came here and read about bodhi and several others that are the very best…

3 Likes

I agree with you 100% @Terpsnpurps when it comes to searching for quality info on pot. I initially lucked out and stumbled on the old OG and that really got me interested in growing. But by the time I moved into to the right house and had a partner willing to finance a growroom OG was gone and and every how-to article or video was of someone confidently saying their way was the only correct way. It was so frustrating because you think you’re on the right track only to find out that you way off course.
I got back into growing a couple years ago and didn’t know about the new og or strainly until recently.
And I don’t think Marks good rep has been because his genetics are fire. Its because his seeds a dollar and he sends you the seeds first with a SASE. I was at wit’s end when I ordered from mark. A 2 day subfreezing outage killed my grow, but for $60 I received 150+ seeds and that got me back on track.

3 Likes

I’m just trying to minimize how long it takes lol

Some might lose their entire life over this bullshit…
Their job, social status, friends, family and might even get jailed…
I don’t know what’s the deal with them but I’m gonna stay the fuck far away from them…

3 Likes

I see, yeah still crazy people on strainly all saying genetics are great… sucks. Like you said it’s a whirlwind of misleading bullshit… I too am just so lucky I found OG… I love this site and what it’s about and even though we have had some debate over the past day I consider every single person here more credible than anywhere else as far as information… I’m here to learn for sure… at times it may seem like I question people or seem to argue… but that’s so either I am more clear on the subject or the subject itself is more clear… either way everything I do as far as any of this is whole hearted and I just want to be as good as possible at this… I’m passionate about it and it’s a shame that I’m so new… but it shall pan out… just takes time… lol… dreaded words

2 Likes

For the record I don’t ignore anything

2 Likes

You do realize that the internet is not exactly the, uh, most trustworthy place, right? Just because there’s a lot of great reviews, that doesn’t mean shit. Maybe your Bullshit Detector just needs a little fine-tuning, dude, I dunno.

In any event, yeah, Mark from strainly is a joke. I’d avoid strainly altogether, honestly. You already mentioned Great Lakes Genetics and James Bean and a couple other places (or somebody did, anyway). Those places are legit. Anything they’re offering on their sites is legit.

Anyway, just relax, dude. You fucked up and bought a few packs of GPS seeds. Who cares? At least you didn’t spend a grand, like I did. There’s no need to worry about it. Grow them out, even, if you want, maybe they’ll turn out fire. I dunno. But chill, dude. No need to be freaking out so much about this,

3 Likes

Don’t do that haha! There’s people here who are just as full of shit as anywhere else.

4 Likes

Also agree. It’s bugged me for years how weed sites are filled to the brim with gatekeepers. This site has them too.

1 Like

Still willing to do a “will it herm” thread at some point.

2 Likes

I’ve grown their stuff a few times with no problems as well.

3 Likes

I cant say the same. And I cant say anything good about their customer service.

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll be babysitting some plants when I ever get around to growing them. I hate having to do that.

1 Like

Ive been growing GPS for over a year, and half my garden is GPS right now, and I just bought more beans from them a few days ago. I have not had any problems, but others have seemingly, many with pics. Just soak the seeds and grow them, or dont. Lol

3 Likes

I alway try to understand a breeders mentality about what he/she is producing.
I research if a breeder has a signature strain that he/she make crosses with??
If not, how is the breeder acquiring the genetics that is being offered? Does the gear come from original clones? Is he pheno hunting seeds packs? which is pricey so most will turn to cheaper alternatives such as forum requests or trades? Totally ignoring legitimacy possibilities.
Questions like, is he breeding for tastes, terps, potency, yields, bag appeal or preservation? Every breeder has different intentions that show up in their gear. The only way to know what he or she is about is to grow out some of their work.
Personally I don’t get mad when the work isn’t exactly what I’m looking for. There are plenty of choices available. Or I’ll just use what I don’t like as a tool to create something that I appreciate more. Isn’t that what breeding?? Chucking is all about?

1 Like

Actually Terps’ seems the one that is relaxed if I can throw my 2 cents in. And he fucked up? Seems he does not have a problem.

I bought from GP as I heard some people had some good experiences with their stuff. I was in a spot and needed some CBD seeds. I have bought from Seedman my first time, took forever, with the cost of money order and shipping it cost me $50 a seed. Bought some in Canada, turned out to be a 1:1 variety, not a bad plant but not what I want. Might as well mention my purchase before Seedman, I bought from a government recognized producer. To be legal I was to buy from one. $82 for three seeds, none germinated. I contacted them and they said they could not guarantee females. Emailed back I understand but none popped, can’t even tell if they were female. No reply afterward. Back to Seedman, bought two types of Dinamed CBS seeds, came in one vial. So which seeds were which? The descriptions were different, one cost more that the other. If they were the same then why would I just not buy the one?

So I had little faith in the industry. by that timer. Looked for some more seeds as I was stuck. The American outlets shipping costs were crazy. No I do not want to give my credit card number to a possible shady outfit. I did some reading and still did not know who to trust. And on research, I spent 2-3 years reading medical papers trying to figure out my condition, looking for a needle in a haystack. Now I can punch a few words into Google and it points me in the right direction. What changed? I know the right answer so asking the right question is easier.

So are GP seeds top shelf? Maybe not but I was not going to blow a lot of money and getting screwed in the end. As far as I am concerned I was not done badly by them. I have some Earth Lover CBD seeds from Doug, put four into water and only two popped Scraped the side and they have been in for a couple more days, still not doing anything. I am assuming they were from Sebring as they were not a cross as most stuff here is. On Heisen, never knew much about him before he dropped a bunch of seeds for us to try. I had no problem with them, no herms, not sure if he deserved being run off like he had. When he was on here it was like the villagers with pitchforks out for blood with no quarter given. I do not know the lineage, would be interesting to know though.

So as you say, “You do realize that the internet is not exactly the, uh, most trustworthy place, right?” You say sites clean up bad reviews. Am I to take your word for it? Before the Greenpoint Second Coming thread I never heard of you. So I am to take your word as gospel? So far all I have heard is GP seeds are crap, service is crap, people are stupid for using them. So far I have not found this to be true (a sample size of one though). I will not be using them again but that is not because of my experience of them.

7 Likes

Lol, so what I meant was, there’s more than 1 person here… and I consider most info “not argued with” to be solid here… I am not quick to trust and believe me my bs radar is good to go… which is why I am able to quickly assess who I can trust… in the end it’s not like I couldn’t trust gps… The issues arisen are not my issues… so … I actually feel better…

Actually it was a shame and to conduct yourself like that shouldn’t even be allowed… like kids… sad …to disagree is 1 thing … to act like a complete dolt is another…

1 Like

“As a Canadian, you disgust me”

That’s going pretty far isn’t it? If buying seeds from a sleazebag is his worst offense, that doesn’t merit such a level of vitriol.

5 Likes

Hey , run along with that trash bro… no one needs or wants your negative instigation … this is an adult conversation… no need for that garbage here

3 Likes