Greenpoint Seeds

They use to be cheap when they did the reverse auctions.

4 Likes

They are still cheap.
Most you an get for under $30

3 Likes

I stand corrected --thanks

4 Likes

No problem.
They use to be $100 or more lol

3 Likes

They still have reverse auctions running all the time.

2 Likes

Haven’t been on their site in a few years. Thought I had heard they had stopped doing them. My bad.

2 Likes

They could have stopped and started again, I have no idea. I just ended up looking at them a couple weeks ago but with no need for seeds I just kept moving, lol.

2 Likes

Except the smoke, like the actual Smoke, from the couple GPS strains I’ve grown, was, like, noxious. I can’t explain it any other way; it looked “yellow,” like smog or something. I could see it in the bong and always thought,”That looks weird…” Super-harsh, too, which is interesting, because most everything else I’ve ever grown is very smooth.

I think I actually have a fat-ass nug of that one “Tahoe” cross (apparently, the Tahoe GPS used was from Cali Connect, so I doubt it’s legit) in a jar somewhere, maybe I’ll dig it out and blaze it later this afternoon and see how it is. It’s gotta be, like, what? 18-months cured? Somewhere around there. I’ll blaze Bodhi’s Soar first, that’s my plan for today haha, but maybe I’ll check out that Tahoe cross later. If it doesn’t smoke smooth after being in a jar for a year-and-a-half, something ain’t right haha…

5 Likes

I grew the purple Mac from them after they lost my $300 order, then told me what I wanted was gone even tho it was still marked available on their site, then they let me pick whatever I wanted. That was the most expensive pack they had at the time so figured it’s gotta be good right? Purple punch x mac1? :face_vomiting:

Plant grew like a crazy OG. Stretched 4x. Weird flowers. Didn’t look anything like pp nor Mac. Smelled like dirty baby diapers and dying animal. Couple times I walked into the tent like, “wtf just died in here?” She cured out to 100% burnt rubber and tasted like it too. Smoke was decent imo but nothing id ever want again. I don’t remember any yellow or anything :thinking: i had a few people tell me it was the best weed they’d ever seen and all I could do was facepalm and tell them they needed to try more weed lol. I gave the rest of that pack away and most of the flower.

Then all the stuff about heisen came out, plus his “breeding” practices and videos… the pic stealing/pics arent even of the strains used at all. The fact every stardawg cross looks the exact same… I immediately traded away the rest of the seeds I had from them… FIL just grew out the Catalina wine mixers and has them hanging now so ill find out on that in a couple weeks but I’m not expecting anything other than mids at best.

9 Likes

What?? She was great.

1 Like

I grew GPS gear for a couple years. I still got a bunch of it too. Mostly, the grows were good and I had several keepers. Plenty of great pics somewhere too. I still keep Dubstep. I might re-visit Bounty Hunter as that was narcotic strong.

The thing is, you can not deny the supply…there’s a lot of packs out there. That’s the economics portion but there is also much miserable history and drama… that is the other portion.
The Raindance offered earlier in the thread is purportedly pretty good, fwiw.

3 Likes

$100.00 is in my price line - but one can get 1/2 packs of Ethos from $49.00 to $60.00 a pack

4 Likes

That’s truly a bummer. I have a bunch of their gear and haven’t grown any out, but had hoped for better quality than just mids. Ugh.

6 Likes

I have not grown any GPS and likely won’t as I have many other irons in the fire. I just thought it was a bit overboard when someone above just said to throw all their gear in the trash. I have seen a number of grows with GPS gear and there have been some good ones. I won’t defend all the drama, that’s on GPS, nor would I say all their stuff is great. It is pretty clear they have had some bad stuff. I really just commented because I thought the throw them all in the trash comment was a bit unreasonable.

12 Likes

We’ve grown some that we thought was good

6 Likes

A few years back GPS were the go to seed bank. Now all they do is sell you random shit in a “reverse auction” that I get stupid amounts of emails about every day. The company sucks now.

7 Likes

Are there any differences between the strains? Whether we grow it outdoors or in a tent. My ladies are grown in TopoGrow LED Grow Tent Complete Kit. Can you tell me what the difference is between outdoor and indoor strains in terms of freshness?

1 Like

What a shame so many report a bad experience.
My experience has been mostly good. I have grown GPS: Sundance, Purple Crash, Sundae Stallion, Purple Cake, Eagle Scout, GG4 S1, Bridezilla, Purple Punch S1, Cake n Chem, Pebble Pusher and Cherry Wine. And probably more I don’t remember at the moment. I cannot recommend the Cherry Wine based on my experience. I would grow all of the others again. Of course I have so many seeds from other sources I may never get back to it. I have not ordered from GPS recently as I have a ridiculous que of strains to get to. Good problem to have, sorry so many have had a different experience with GPS.

2 Likes

Greenpoint “used” to be the go to breeder. Their strains were excellent until the intersex trait started happening. I’ve never grown one of their strains and had one change sex on me though to be honest. What pissed me off was the 10 emails per day I received from them. That just showed me their sales had suffered because of the “bad” “hermie” seeds they had sent out and they are desperate to get the sale numbers back up. Fuck GPS and their “now” shitty genetics.

4 Likes

Hey Solowolf. I know this thread is super outdated. But I love your posts and would like to know you my growme. Email is xxx.

Peace

David