Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

The bag is designed to allow a cure without burping. It allows gasses to expel yet retain a constant RH level for many many moons.
@chronikyle
Actually, after mine are in the bags for3 months they will be vacuum packed.

3 Likes

I got my RH to about 66 an thats when I put in the bags it took 2 days doing tge 12 hr burp system to get them to 62 63 so I will burp every 24 hr till 60 hits an stays tgere for 48 hrs min
I see 1 bonus I weighing them in qp an lb batches in ea bag an then they sit till they go where they go .

1 Like

i had to burp mine to regulate the rh just like i do in jars im not seeing the constant rh level till its stable

I see. I put my buds in when they had already air dried for a good bit. Actually, they were slightly low rh after one day in the bags, so I had to put a boveda pack in for one day. After that, I removed the pack and the RH leveled off at 60%. It hasn’t moved since. The chlorophyll smell is all but gone and the smoke is smoooooth. :slight_smile:
When I use jars, I open them up about once a day for a couple of weeks and then every few days after that for at least a month, to two months. Not long, but regularly.

So it looks like my buds are sitting at 63%, smell good and feel good to the touch.

11 Likes

You all made me curious, so I went to check mine. 62, 63, 65 (that one got sealed at 64)

I do have one that has remained closed, but not heat sealed. I used it to condense a few jars into one bag. It has dropped from 60 to 58 in about a month.

4 Likes

You might want to check that bag. See post 319.
I am going to contact them asap about those.

1 Like

if you didnt do this i wonder if their would be any difference

1 Like

Yeah, I believe so @Chronickyle .I had a jar of LA Confidential that I set aside and just spaced on it. I opened it the other day and the difference is definitely there. The jars that I burped regularly for about 6 weeks before storing is much smoother and the taste is clean (not with a slight old hay taste) compared to the one I forgot about.
That’s just what I have found in that one instance.

Anything in particular you’re looking for? SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

What “Purple” strains do you have?

Welllllll, let me see!!! According to the Ole Logbook, Purple Afghani, Purple Alien Puke, Purple Grape, P. Kush, P. Mix, Purple Poison Cookies (multi Phenoms), P. Prince, P. Sage, P. Sunny Star. P. Thai x L. Skunk, P. Trainwreck x Pedal Pusher, P. Urkle, and P. Malawi. Not many!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: Fair Disclosure - ALL trades on hold until AFTER the “Sep Thingy”!!

6 Likes

I will message you after the “Sep Thingy”!

2 Likes

I signed up and got a $10 coupon and ordered a handful of 1 oz and a few 1/2 oz to try. Cost a total of about $10 with shipping. I have wasted more money for less so let’s see.

2 Likes

I want to try these out but the shipping seems pricey for Canadians. Is anyone seeing these in their local grow shops yet?

1 Like

@TopicalWave no kidding. I just checked the Canadian site, to order 20 of the 1lb bags would cost $134, plus $32 just in shipping cost. Gonna have to just stick with 5 gal pails for now…

7 Likes

@Oldtimerunderground and @TopicalWave
Maybe a bunch of you Northern neighbors need to place a combined order and split the shipping.

2 Likes

Got my Grove bags in today , now the wait for harvest to test them out

2 Likes

With my next harvest I will put some in these bags to see about the cure. I’ve read mixed reviews. Very curious as to why some swear by these and others do not.

1 Like

Can’t believe I didn’t like this post then, must have been out of likes. I just ordered that particular one based on your recommendation. This better be good, or else!

(or else it won’t be good and that’s no good)

2 Likes